When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

Noticed last night that when Couture is in for tight end sets, Bowman is the guy subbing out.

So Bowman is not only getting fewer targets, he's getting fewer snaps.

(love that TSN over-the-huddle camera, makes it so much easier to track lineup changes on O)

0-0 in 3 games now i believe and I dont think he is being double-teamed.

Need to put somebody in, Flanders, Thompkins or whoever.

Heck, Bakari Grant will be a better pickup right now, if we need a 3rd vet receiver. Put up a quiet 1000+ receiving yards last year.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/bakari-grant/158240/

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

0-0 in 3 games now i believe and I dont think he is being double-teamed.

Need to put somebody in, Flanders, Thompkins or whoever.

Heck, Bakari Grant will be a better pickup right now, if we need a 3rd vet receiver. Put up a quiet 1000+ receiving yards last year.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/bakari-grant/158240/

Flanders practiced last week iirc. Would love to see thompkins. And yeah using grant to start an extra NI would be great. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So are we all saying this is the end of the age of Adarius?

saying it should be. but with this franchise you never know. we have seen far more then our share of lame ducks stick around for far far too long every previous year of this management group. 

I like Bowman I think he sticks around... I think he'll be useful at some point... that being said, I wouldn't be too upset if he "tweaked" something in the Argo game and finds himself on the 1-game... I'd put in Thompkins or Flanders to give some other guys some opportunities before we just go ahead and dump him... 

People pointing out that Demski play the "Flanders role" now is irrelevant... we are a run first team... and all of Flander, Harris, and Demski are also proficient pass catchers... having more "swiss-army knife" weapons on the field only makes our offense better.... 

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd go Flanders and if need be use Peterman more. 

I feel we are a running team and need to keep doing that. Flanders is just another weapon to use. 

Adams Dressler Demski Peterman Wolitarsky? Why not. 

I thought Flanders played fairly well as a starting slot last year. I would be happy to see him there again.

We could create some excellent chaos having Harris, Flanders, Demski and potentially Streveler all on the field together.

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I like Bowman I think he sticks around... I think he'll be useful at some point... that being said, I wouldn't be too upset if he "tweaked" something in the Argo game and finds himself on the 1-game... I'd put in Thompkins or Flanders to give some other guys some opportunities before we just go ahead and dump him... 

People pointing out that Demski play the "Flanders role" now is irrelevant... we are a run first team... and all of Flander, Harris, and Demski are also proficient pass catchers... having more "swiss-army knife" weapons on the field only makes our offense better.... 

Our O has played it's best with Flanders in the lineup... The guy has done nothing but produce when he's been on the field. You make room for a guy like that.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Demski is taking the Flanders role and is a NI. IF we replace Bowman, I'd go with a young receiver, not Flanders. 

I agree and I would like to see Thompkins in the line up... but I would argue that "young receiver" also describes Flanders... also, Flanders is younger than Thompkins (same age as Washington)...