Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Just now, wpgallday1960 said:

TBH, I took  a quick look at those rankings and realized without reading the article that the Bombers rank was due to Nichols injury.  Haven't given it too much thought since.  Riders ranking did seem a little high considering their poor preseason.  Wonder if Jamie Nye influenced all the other voters:lol:

Its pretty hard to rank preseason games. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I was talking on offense mainly...as we were discussing the QB situation..and them not being on the filed much at all in pre-season is somewhat questionable as well...not sure why they held them off

I would have played them myself, at least a bit.  Its not like nobody knows who they are.  Its not a secret

1 minute ago, Booch said:

that I agree on...and from experience...a lot of times doing that leads to guys getting hurt..or knicked in that first game...

Injuries is major concern, but secondly just being rusty and not being in sync as a team.  Messam has no carries with this oline. Hughes has never played with Evans or Jefferson.  Our front 4 on d haven't taken one snap together except in practice

yeah...see no logic in that...if anything defensive line...and rb/olineman familiarity is key...why Jones neglected this is baffling.

I truly think he is riding on the success of winnig a Grey Cup in Edmonton where the team was basically assembled for him and he just took over

The past 3 yrs has shown he has clearly no G.M skills...weird roster management which has bordered on poor and has had to resort to basically cheating and or straddling the line on the rules to try and compensate for his short comings...these things can't really be argued

I'm not going into the first game expecting to win with out rookie Qbs, but i'm hoping they keep it close, can pull out a win. 

After watching the Sask Game, i'm pretty worried for the riders.  All the QBS looked bad with their starters in there. .The o-line looked horrendous and couldnt give Collaras anytime to get set and find a reciever.  

I'm not worried about our 7th place in the power raking, But its laughable, based on pre-season play, that Sask is in fourth when then most other teams looked alot better. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...see no logic in that...if anything defensive line...and rb/olineman familiarity is key...why Jones neglected this is baffling.

I truly think he is riding on the success of winnig a Grey Cup in Edmonton where the team was basically assembled for him and he just took over

The past 3 yrs has shown he has clearly no G.M skills...weird roster management which has bordered on poor and has had to resort to basically cheating and or straddling the line on the rules to try and compensate for his short comings...these things can't really be argued

Try to remember that you are addressing your comments to Rider fans. so use small words and assume nothing.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm not going to argue because it isn't worth the effort. Jones has done some flat dumb things in his time in charge. We have made some very good moves too, but whatever. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I'm not going to argue because it isn't worth the effort. Jones has done some flat dumb things in his time in charge. We have made some very good moves too, but whatever. 

Taman was criticized severely for doing his accounting on napkins but it appears Jones tries to do it in his bigus fat head or not at all.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am not sure if that's a joke or not... on the surface there is no way that can possibly be true, but on the other hand, Chris Jones....

not a joke from me

i read a tweet before from their beat reporter that he is taking snap at OL. not sure if its a joke from him though. 🤪

Edited by M.O.A.B.

25 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Bash bash bash...to what end?  I wonder what the Rider site says about us cutting the first over all pick from last year. It would be nice if wins and losses did the chirping for the entire league.

Well they can't say much cause they got their own first overall bust to worry about.