Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

36 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I guess 65 yards a game counts as dominating these days?  

To be fair that's on pace for an almost 1200 yard season. 

Not "dominating" but those weren't his words anyways.  He's just a guy who still wants to get to the NFL like half the other guys in the CFL... if not more.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

To be fair that's on pace for an almost 1200 yard season. 

Not "dominating" but those weren't his words anyways.  He's just a guy who still wants to get to the NFL like half the other guys in the CFL... if not more.

Well if they're not Richardson's words....they're somebody's and that person better give their head a shake.

48 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Really Trent? 

Really?

Dominating...? Bruh, you had one dominant game. One. Against a complete dumpster fire of a team in the Alouettes. But congrats on that game being your "rebirth"... LOL

Make no mention of the three previous games against playoff teams where you were held to 28 carries for a piddly 132 yards and no scores. Oh, wait... They were mentioned:

Granted, it was only four games, but donning No. 33 for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, he danced around CFL defenders, and at times, opted to bulldoze over them. Back was the power, the speed, the swagger that made him a star in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. 

No, no... That's not what happened. 

35 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Dominating...? Bruh, you had one dominant game. One. Against a complete dumpster fire of a team in the Alouettes. But congrats on that game being your "rebirth"... LOL

Make no mention of the three previous games against playoff teams where you were held to 28 carries for a piddly 132 yards and no scores. Oh, wait... They were mentioned:

No, no... That's not what happened. 

The film don't lie, even if he does.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good to see Reinbold get another shot with the Lions after he received the short end of the stick in Hamilton during the Austin melt-down.  He's a positive influence, nothing wrong with being a lifelong S.T. coordinator if that's what you're good at.

I liked him but his defense was just awful. His firing was inevitable

4 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Good for Reinhold!

As long as no one hires him as a head coach/G.M. or anything like that he should be alright...oh shoot, too late...

I do wonder how well Reinbold would have done if he had been strictly a head coach with a good GM and director of player personnel backing him up and providing him with a good QB and O-line.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

He only had 259 yards in 2017, but they were very dominating yards.

Those are Canadian yards, so, the equivalent of 3 American yards. Really, with the exchange, he had 777 yards over four games. That's almost 200 per game. 

And, I think the Riders are getting rings and a trophy for making it to the East Final. 

What more can he accomplish up north? 

14 hours ago, JCon said:

Those are Canadian yards, so, the equivalent of 3 American yards. Really, with the exchange, he had 777 yards over four games. That's almost 200 per game. 

And, I think the Riders are getting rings and a trophy for making it to the East Final. 

What more can he accomplish up north? 

Congrats on a great CFL career Trent.  Thanks for gracing us with your talent north of the border.  We'll see you in the CFL HOF soon enough. 

It looking like, and may be their only QB options next year are going to be a Bridge/Glenn combo...and that's scary....and not the good kind of scary.

Bridge is a long ways off, and I'm not certain he is going to be a successful QB at all from what he has shown yet. I don't think he reads defenses well, or if he has ability to, and  looks to have the mindset that he can always make something happen with his arm and is going to force a lot of balls, make a lot of bad decisions and be a turnover machine more than Jenning's was/is.

Some guys just can't shake that trait when the bullets are flying...but time will tell. Once or if he is anointed the starter, teams will solve him pretty quickly and he is going to struggle. 

9 minutes ago, Zontar said:

MTL goes the NFL route for a coach instead of recycling. Big gamble considering the size of the grease fire

I'm not sure they had much of a choice. I think they were about to offer Reinbold the HC gig.

I  mean, they couldn't even come to terms with Bellefeuille. Bellefeuile!!

Edited by JCon

Thing is Jones in Sask will want a QB on the cheap...and I doubt Collaros  signs for less than starter's money and if traded already said he won't renegotiate..and why would he..I wouldn't.

Montreal will surely outbid Sask for any available starter, possibly B.C too...so unless they pay big for a possibly damaged Collaros...they are stuck with status quo from last year...and that's kind of funny if you ask me

Thing with Bridge is, he always came into games after the fact. He rarely started. Hard to maintain that success if your starting every week. But we will see. Glenn is Glenn...he'll put up his numbers and all the fans will be convinced they are GC bound. Then Glenn will remind them all why he's been on almost every team.

I honestly think the SSK Defence will be a force next year. They have the secondary/Dline and LB's assuming the key pieces are back.

We'll see what Sherman's all about. Easy to look good with a hall of fame QB. Still only 2-4 in the post season with some very good Greenbay Packer teams.. as an  OC in Houston and Miami he was around middle to worst in terms of offense.. still better then Gary fricking Crowton. Next up the Als need a QB or Sherman's stay won't be very long.