Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

So an unnamed source (supposedly from Alberta) was quoted on 620 radio Regina today saying that "If the Riders sign Zach Collaros they are going to run the table on the rest of the league" - meaning, I guess, that they would go 18-0.  Now I have heard ridiculous delusional things from Rider fans and from Rider media but this one might take the cake. Weirdest part is the guy supposedly is not a Rider fan - although I think he must have recently drank some Regina water or something.

11 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

So an unnamed source (supposedly from Alberta) was quoted on 620 radio Regina today saying that "If the Riders sign Zach Collaros they are going to run the table on the rest of the league" - meaning, I guess, that they would go 18-0.  Now I have heard ridiculous delusional things from Rider fans and from Rider media but this one might take the cake. Weirdest part is the guy supposedly is not a Rider fan - although I think he must have recently drank some Regina water or something.

Here's the thing about that.......you have to know, if you're going to go on the radio in Sask, you HAVE to say things like that, otherwise they'll call you a hater. They're like those old SNL Bears fans skits, except they know virtually nothing about football in Sask...

13 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

and if they don't sign collaros it will be a disappointing 17-1 season. 

47 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think the best is yet to come for Collaros.

He was excellent in both 2014 and 2015, so the potential remains to build off that success. It'll depend on his situation and environment.

I take exception with the assertion the Riders would "run the table" if he were to sign there, though. That's bloody preposterous.

Just now, 17to85 said:

People need to stop and think for a second... Hamilton did better with Masoli than they did with Collaros last year. Now I believe that Collaros is better than he showed but let that sink in. Masoli! You got outplayed by Masoli and you're the saviour for the green team? **** off with that noise. 

But the whole team played better under Jones. I wonder what would have happened if Jones had started the season with Collaros?

I think he needs a fresh start but he seems damaged.

That being said, Buck came here damaged and it worked out okay, despite the dumpster fire around him.

5 hours ago, JCon said:

But the whole team played better under Jones. I wonder what would have happened if Jones had started the season with Collaros?

I think he needs a fresh start but he seems damaged.

That being said, Buck came here damaged and it worked out okay, despite the dumpster fire around him.

This sounds like everything the Drew Willt fan base said when he was benched for Nichols. 

Lets not forget that Masoli outplayed Collaros in 2016 as well as 2017. That’s two years running.

I have zero reason to believe that Collaros will regain his prior form at this point in time.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Riderfans thought Curtis Marsh was better than Milt and that Szarka was better than Sellers so who knows.

and kenton keith /  corey holmes better then blink. BUT HIS YPC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

People need to stop and think for a second... Hamilton did better with Masoli than they did with Collaros last year. Now I believe that Collaros is better than he showed but let that sink in. Masoli! You got outplayed by Masoli and you're the saviour for the green team? **** off with that noise. 

Collaros has a case of the willys imo. Qb production around the league is sky high, and yet now more then ever half the teams have a guy i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot clown pole. 

9 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Riders are a Zach Collaros away from "running the table" next season...?

Related image

Im not gonna say who it was, Ill just say its R. pedersen no no no thats too obvious. Rod P.