Injuries / ratio

Mark H.

Denmark has looked a little off for the last few games, without a doubt.  You can see the coaches in his ear when he comes off the field too.  Something is not going quite right for him at the moment.  It's too bad because we really need him to step up with Darvin out.

Givens and Washington just aren't cutting it either.  We've basically got one receiver who is a threat right now (Dressler) and that's not good.  I hope we get to see Flanders at SB again.  We need someone in the receiving corps to have a breakout game.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Denmark has looked a little off for the last few games, without a doubt.  You can see the coaches in his ear when he comes off the field too.  Something is not going quite right for him at the moment.  It's too bad because we really need him to step up with Darvin out.

Givens and Washington just aren't cutting it either.  We've basically got one receiver who is a threat right now (Dressler) and that's not good.  I hope we get to see Flanders at SB again.  We need someone in the receiving corps to have a breakout game.

Yup cause all the eskiblows will do his key in on Dressler, Harris and Flanders and force our tier two guys to make plays.

Let's see what Givens has for the playoffs. Let's hope he's the type of guy that raises it a notch come do or die games.

Our defense/special teams may have to do the bulk of scoring for us.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup cause all the eskiblows will do his key in on Dressler, Harris and Flanders and force our tier two guys to make plays.

Let's see what Givens has for the playoffs. Let's hope he's the type of guy that raises it a notch come do or die games.

Our defense/special teams may have to do the bulk of scoring for us.

I was really excited for Givens and his first game was promising.  But he hasn't done much in the last two.  I still think he has more to offer, especially in the kick return game.

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

He's played 3 games, one of which was last week.  He hasn't looked out of place in my opinion.  I wouldn't be so quick to make an assessment on him.   

1 minute ago, TrueBlue said:

He's played 3 games, one of which was last week.  He hasn't looked out of place in my opinion.  I wouldn't so quick to make an assessment on him.   

I'm not.  But rookies don't always get 18 games to make an impression.  When the opportunity comes, you have to grab onto it, and the opportunity for Givens right now is huge.

The offense as a whole has been pretty lacklustre the last few weeks, are we really going to get down on a bunch of receivers for not having big stat lines in that case? The only criticism I will level at a receiver based on those games is Washington has got to stop bobbling passes and flat out dropping the easy ones cause he's done that way too much for my liking. 

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm not.  But rookies don't always get 18 games to make an impression.  When the opportunity comes, you have to grab onto it, and the opportunity for Givens right now is huge.

I'm not saying give him a full season of games, but give it a few more at the very least.  Last Friday's game should be a write off in terms of his development.

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

I'm not saying give him a full season of games, but give it a few more at the very least.  Last Friday's game should be a write off in terms of his development.

Unfortunately if he doesn't play well next game that will probably be the end of his audition because the season will be over.  Yes I am putting the fate of the Bombers on Chris Givens' shoulders.

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong!

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Unfortunately if he doesn't play well next game that will probably be the end of his audition because the season will be over.  Yes I am putting the fate of the Bombers on Chris Givens' shoulders.

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong!

For Givens, this could be classified as a dangerous opportunity. If he's a keeper, then he will rise to the occasion and have a great game.  If he's another also-ran, he will not distinguish himself and become the subject of a trivia question.  Some athletes never get a chance to show their stuff even when they have potential, so Givens has what others would love to have.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The offense as a whole has been pretty lacklustre the last few weeks, are we really going to get down on a bunch of receivers for not having big stat lines in that case? The only criticism I will level at a receiver based on those games is Washington has got to stop bobbling passes and flat out dropping the easy ones cause he's done that way too much for my liking. 

might be the reason why hes bounced around a bit in his career? hes got size and speed.. brazzell clone?

44 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Good grief! for the best part of the last two games we haven't had a real quarterback...and you want to criticize the receivers?

I think you're stretching the definition of "criticize"... so far it appears to me that most people would like to see more from Givens and Washington... maybe one will step up and prove he belongs... which I would agree with...

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

I was really excited for Givens and his first game was promising.  But he hasn't done much in the last two.  I still think he has more to offer, especially in the kick return game.

Givens has only had regular-length arms for the last two games.

With LeFevour passing, he needed double-length arms.  Due to the passes being nowhere near him.

OK, don't tar and feather me, but with Adams out (no surprise, really doubt we'll see him again this year) would anyone consider bringing back, wait for it, Ryan Lankford? Yeah, I went there. But three factors:

1. He was a better kick returner than anyone else on the squad (low bar, yes) and had the ability to break the big one. In a playoff game, defensive and special teams points are magnified.

2. With Adams gone, we have no real deep threat, and if all we do is to tell him to run a straight line all game long so he can't mess up his route running, and we may throw to him once or twice, could we fluke out one home run shot?

3. He also is the back-up punter and can throw a pass better than any other non-QB on the team (and maybe on par with any QB not named Nichols). Could we see some more O'Shea trickery involving him?

Is there a better deep threat on this team right now?

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

dropped passes are dropped passes. Bad routes are bad routes. It doesn't matter who is delivering the ball.

Not true if the ball is nowhere near them...you're trying to tell me it is on the receivers? Give me a break! They suddenly forgot how to run routes and 

started dropping passes?

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

OK, don't tar and feather me, but with Adams out (no surprise, really doubt we'll see him again this year) would anyone consider bringing back, wait for it, Ryan Lankford? Yeah, I went there. But three factors:

1. He was a better kick returner than anyone else on the squad (low bar, yes) and had the ability to break the big one. In a playoff game, defensive and special teams points are magnified.

2. With Adams gone, we have no real deep threat, and if all we do is to tell him to run a straight line all game long so he can't mess up his route running, and we may throw to him once or twice, could we fluke out one home run shot?

3. He also is the back-up punter and can throw a pass better than any other non-QB on the team (and maybe on par with any QB not named Nichols). Could we see some more O'Shea trickery involving him?

Is there a better deep threat on this team right now?

I honestly prefer Lankford over Washington, he's been great on those jet-sweeps and he can run down any returner in the league when he plays ST.  I also think he's a better kick returner than Givens, but won't admit it publicly.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I honestly prefer Lankford over Washington, he's been great on those jet-sweeps and he can run down any returner in the league when he plays ST.  I also think he's a better kick returner than Givens, but won't admit it publicly.

As much as we had reason to criticize Lankford, neither Washington nor Givens have shown that they are better. I would not be averse to Lankford being  put back into the starting lineup.

10 hours ago, tracker said:

If he's another also-ran, he will not distinguish himself and become the subject of a trivia question

That would be some sad a** trivia question.   He's barely got his feet wet and people wanna run him out of town.... geez.   Adams wasn't stellar his first while as a Bomber... have some patience.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

3. He also is the back-up punter and can throw a pass better than any other non-QB on the team (and maybe on par with any QB not named Nichols). 

So you're saying Davis has no arm!?   Sure isn't what I've seen.  Accuracy needs work, but he's got the best arm in our stable as far as power goes!

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's interesting that they'd go so far as to release a statement about Adams... Curious... 

Yeah I thought it was curious too.  Hadnt heard anything about him coming back other than some hopeful posters on here.   Wonder if that means he was close but not quite ready.