Injuries / ratio

Mark H.

7 hours ago, Mark F said:

Neufeld   has been playing  well. 

Walby and others think so anyway. 

Got to keep Nevis/Poop in, it's the key to the wins coming up for the Bombers. 

Corney and Okpa's remarkable speed, and santos knox speed/smart play/effort , hopefully will keep reilly from escaping outside. 

I also think that in the next few games Prof.  Paul  is going to spring some things that he's been keeping back.

I've got a feeling Lapo has some things up his sleeve too. Question is whether he has a QB that can orchestrate it and the weapons at his disposal. Adams back would be huge, but at least we got our dynamic duo for RBs

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was watching the Esks @ Wpg game from August this morning, and we really used Adams and Thorpe a bunch. We could really use Denmark to step up and play a big role in playoffs... 

No Dressler in either game vs. the Eskimos this season. Hopefully, he'll be a huge factor next Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was watching the Esks @ Wpg game from August this morning, and we really used Adams and Thorpe a bunch. We could really use Denmark to step up and play a big role in playoffs... 

Denmark is a lost cause. I’m afraid he’s playing out the string of his CFL career at this point.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I’m saying that he’s done and doesn’t have the ability to play anymore. 

Here’s some numbers for the many Homer’s on this site who don’t have the ability to acknowledge the fact that some players on this team actually do underachieve.

Denmarks last six games 

3/25 1 TD

6/63

1/9

3/20

0/0

1/8

For a paltry average of 

2.33/21 yards. 

If you guys are fine with this production from what should be our second or third receiver all the power to you :lol:.

37 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Here’s some numbers for the many Homer’s on this site who don’t have the ability to acknowledge the fact that some players on this team actually do underachieve.

Denmarks last six games 

3/25 1 TD

6/63

1/9

3/20

0/0

1/8

For a paltry average of 

2.33/21 yards. 

If you guys are fine with this production from what should be our second or third receiver all the power to you :lol:.

He was our 3rd (sometimes it seemed like 4th) option all season long..  It was Adams, Dressler, thorpe/givens/flanders, Denmark, canadian.

not sure how you think he's been our second or third all season long...

21 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

He was our 3rd (sometimes it seemed like 4th) option all season long..  It was Adams, Dressler, thorpe/givens/flanders, Denmark, canadian.

not sure how you think he's been our second or third all season long...

I posted stats for the last six games, during which we’ve only had one of Dressler/Adams on the field, no Thrope, and Flanders missed 3.  I’d also argue that I wouldn’t expect a running back or a receiver who’s played a total of 3 games to be ahead of Denmark in the hierarchy. 

At worst, he’s been our supposed number three receiver in that stretch. His production has been alarmingly bad, Aaron Hargreaves wide side Canadian receiver bad. 

There’s just no defending an import receiver averaging 2.3 catches for 21 yards through the stretch run of the season. I’d be shocked if Denmark plays another regular season game in the CFL at this point

Edited by Blueandgold

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I posted stats for the last six games, during which we’ve only had one of Dressler/Adams on the field, no Thrope, and Flanders missed 3.  I’d also argue that I wouldn’t expect a running back or a receiver who’s played a total of 3 games to be ahead of Denmark in the hierarchy. 

At worst, he’s been our supposed number three receiver in that stretch. His production has been alarmingly bad, Aaron Hargreaves wide side Canadian receiver bad. 

There’s just no defending an import receiver averaging 2.3 catches for 21 yards through the stretch run of the season. I’d be shocked if Denmark plays another regular season game in the CFL at this point

Need to play JFG from here on in, not sure if he's been injured or what but he's a great secondary outlet when nobody else is open.

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Denmark will always be a 600-700 yard receiver... im fine with that

as for those last six games - including the stats for the last three games is ridiculous- they'd make all our receivers look bad

Considering he's had at least one drop in the last 3 games, it's not just the QBing...I was convinced he may have been a bit injured. But now I think he may have lost a step. Hope he can pick it up for the playoffs but I would be surprised if they didn't move on from him next year. And for what it's worth. I'm a big Denmark fan. It's too bad he's fallen off so quick.

If Westerman could come back at any point in the playoffs it would be huge.  It would mean that we could consistently play Johnson and Nevis at the same time.  If it means we could start 8 legit NI's then the flexibility we have increases substantially on both sides of the ball.

Adams coming back would mean that we could sit one of our import receivers.

I think both are just a pipe dream though.

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

It’s strange that they benched him, he was our second leading receiver in the last game he played. 

For the past two years I have been wondering why JFG has not been used more. Yes, he drops some balls, but his YACs are always impressive.

I agree that Denmark isn't the player he used to be... but how many would complain if he comes up with a stat line of 5 for 55 yards and 2 TDs (this was his production in the banjo bowl)... I think he can still be a productive receiver and hope he has a few decent performances left in the tank...

18 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

and yet, if you look at his touches, you'd see you'd be wrong.  Flanders was arguably our second option/second RB while he was in, he was getting lots of tosses as well as hand-offs.    Denmark got shuffled down the list and I don't quite get why this is such a concern?  He hasn't looked Hargraves bad tho, thats a ridiculous comparison..