What will it take to beat Edmonton?

BigBlue

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, peggars said:

I need to drink at least 21 beers at commonwealth and distract reilly with my drunk antics.  

You could also hit Andre Proulx in the head with a whiskey bottle.  One day it could make a touching story for your daughter.

Image result for simpsons daddy hit referee

Edmonton is a very good team that absorbed a lot of injuries and kept finding ways to win. It caught up to them and they are on a slide.  But they are still very dangerous and are due for a big game.  They have a better defense than the Bombers, a better receiving corps and the best QB in the league.  It seems strange to say that the Bombers are a better team at this point in the season, but it is probably true.

Defensively, the Bombers need to get consistent push up the middle and hold contain (more important than pressure), and ... need to avoid breakdowns in the back end.  That last point is the crucial one for a win.  

Offensively, I have lots of faith in our OC.  My guess is that they will emphasize protection schemes this week and expect Nichols to be careful with the ball because there will be limited receivers downfield.  Because of that, there will probably be some 2 and outs and some stalled drives. 

Actually I don't think they have a better defense at all Their line-backing corp to a man isn't better. They have actually given up 1 more point against which isn't an indication of being better, but statistically that makes them not as good. D-Line with Poop in is a wash if you ask me.

We take the ball away more...more interceptions and forced fumbles. 3 less sacks, than Scmoes .

Our O-line is better..we lead the league in least pressures allowed, and again stats wise isn't our Qb the top rated in the league??? Best kicker as well resides with  Winnipeg and arguably the best cover team.

Best all around RB as well as lead the league in rushing per game. The Schmoes have us in receivers i would concede that, but after that I think we are better all around. 

We are 9-3...They 7-5...we play our game, don't turn it over, ball control offence like we are totally capable of I see no reason for not getting a win..and by more than a TD

Edited by Booch

i know one thing, that our team is capable of beating anybody in this league, yes even Calgary if we're on our game.

The tough things we got going against us are that Edmonton has lost 5 in a row which unfortunately could mean they're due for a win soon, just hopefully after our game.  Also they too understand how important it could be to still try and grab that WSF homefield spot at number 2 in the west, unless they'd rather try their hand going through the East, but after that last loss they had at Toronto, I wouldn't.

It would be great to finally sweep them though, can't remember when the last time we did that was though.

16 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

It would be great to finally sweep them though, can't remember when the last time we did that was though.

We can still lose this game and win the season series... as long as we lose by 6 or less... so really a loss potentially isn't the end of the world... that being said, a win would just be much simpler!

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

We can still lose this game and win the season series... as long as we lose by 6 or less... so really a loss potentially isn't the end of the world... that being said, a win would just be much simpler!

Plus you know, I'm looking for the Bombers to end their losing streak in Alberta when I am in attendance watching the game... That's what is really important here. I don't want to drive all the way to Edmonton to watch them get their asses handed to them... again. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Plus you know, I'm looking for the Bombers to end their losing streak in Alberta when I am in attendance watching the game... That's what is really important here. I don't want to drive all the way to Edmonton to watch them get their asses handed to them... again. 

You have a long, sordid history of ******* them over by attending games.....feels like a lot of bad karma you're bringing around on Saturday. Should they lose, it is unquestionably all on you and your bad decisions...

Edited by Noeller

Edmonton lives and dies on the big play "duck and chuck" O. They will get a couple big plays but the trick is to limit it which teams have done the last several weeks. I actually think Edmonton is extremely overrated. They arent gonna dink and dunk down the field... They are pretty much big play or nothing. Very predictable actually

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

We've paid our dues and had enough of losing. Grind the Esks right into the Astroturf- no mercy.

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Edmonton lives and dies on the big play "duck and chuck" O. They will get a couple big plays but the trick is to limit it which teams have done the last several weeks. I actually think Edmonton is extremely overrated. They arent gonna dink and dunk down the field... They are pretty much big play or nothing. Very predictable actually

and while that has been our weakness earlier in the season, I think we may have righted the ship in that regard.  With Alexander and Walker now both healthy and more into the system coupled with Santos-Knox being in... I think its helped stop the bleeding so to speak on those big explosion plays..

this will be a very good measuring stick as EDM has got to be getting ansty..

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The magnitude of this game is only now starting to sink in. Win and they all but lock up second place and a home playoff game, lose and it will be a dog fight to the end.

I really really REALLY want to come home for a playoff game......make it so, Bombers..... #FortHew #ProtectTheFort #RoadTrip