The Most Important Game: Wpg @ Regina

BigBlue

Given we have not won the Grey Cup since 1990, going to Regina for the Labor Day Classic  has become the most important game of the Bomber season. The Banjo bowl supplements it but there can be no sweeter victory than beating the Roughies on their home turf in front of their "Laboring" crowd. For me it is everything, regardless of whatever else we do in a season.

I think Regina is a better club than the Alouettes so I am expecting a huge battle. I thought Lapo turtled with the offense after halftime. Downfield passing all but disappeared. So we won on turnovers 2016 style. But this is no way to beat the Rougies, Regina will turn the table on us if we try that ultra conservative play calling again. At least we won't have to deal with Montreal's blitz crazy defense. Kevin Glenn will have something to prove.

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think the winner of the LDC should get to host the next year.  Gives the game more stakes than just bragging rights.

I dont think this will ever happen. September long weekend is typically one of the last weekends the cabin crowd (quite a bit) get to spend at the lake. Id imagine if you surveyed most bomber fans.. They would say leave it as is. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think our only chance of winning is if they get a lot of pressure on Glenn.      Clearly our defense is so very easy to dink and dunk on  that the gameplan is pretty straight forward for how the Riders can win. 

I think us being a better team than the riders gives us the advantage. I dont know if i was watching a different game but tonight our D had 4 turnovers that lead to at least 17 of our points. Our O wasnt so good tonight.. Our D was fine. 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think us being a better team than the riders gives us the advantage. I dont know if i was watching a different game but tonight our D had 4 turnovers that lead to at least 17 of our points. Our O wasnt so good tonight.. Our D was fine. 

No kidding.  Crazy the amount of blame the D takes.  If the offence can convert one more red zone trip a game they'll be taking knees to kill the clock instead of making Medlock earn every single nickel.

Our OL and backs are under utilized weapons inside the 10 yard line.  Literally almost always go to Adams on a fade or Denmark on a post/corner.  People were predicting the throws in chat, it isn't hard.  The JFG crosser has worked but teams are going to sit on that too.

Yeah, kind of a dud game by Bombers, but we won..sign of a good team. Lapo kind of confuses me tho...needs to stick with whats working and there was a stretch in 3rd and 4th quarter where we went totally away from Flanders and Harris on the field together, and with our O-line and backs we should be pounding it once at the 10 and closer instead of trying the passes..

But 7-2 with some warts along the way is pretty darn good...if we have a losing record going forward which I doubt and have a 3-6 record we still end up with a 10-7 season...I truly thin k tho that 13-5 is a probability and wouldn't think 14-4 is out of the question

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah, kind of a dud game by Bombers, but we won..sign of a good team. Lapo kind of confuses me tho...needs to stick with whats working and there was a stretch in 3rd and 4th quarter where we went totally away from Flanders and Harris on the field together, and with our O-line and backs we should be pounding it once at the 10 and closer instead of trying the passes..

But 7-2 with some warts along the way is pretty darn good...if we have a losing record going forward which I doubt and have a 3-6 record we still end up with a 10-7 season...I truly thin k tho that 13-5 is a probability and wouldn't think 14-4 is out of the question

Hard to predict.  4-1 in the last drive type games.  Reverse that and we're fighting to stay out of the basement.  Like the vibe and resilience but also feel there's another step to take where we can start winning by a TD or more consistently in at least half of these games.  Leaving lots of points on the field.

Totally agree...still a work in progress, but weaker teams and ones without the winning mentality would lose those games...if you look at it...especially this year most games won by teams this year are of the close variety..look at Edm...Calgary wins...save for a few abberations this year with blow-outs games are pretty much in doubt right through to the final last half of the 4th

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

I saw the opposite... the Defense had a lot of pressure but the LB'ers and the very soft zone were just terrible. 

As much as I like Randle... that first int was an absolute stinker of a pass by Durant.    

Right now its pretty tough to gauge where the Riders and Bombers are at comparatively as the Bombers have played 2 more games than Sask.  They are only in the 2nd year of the rebuild but if the Riders can be more consistent then they can still sneak into the playoffs.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Its debatable whether or now the Bombers are a better team than the Riders, 18 games will dictate that.  Right now the Bombers have played 9 games and the Riders have only played 7.  Riders and Bombers went to OT in their first game against each other and the Bombers had to rely on a missed FG in OT to win.  Props to the Bombers. 

Both the Riders and Bombers got stomped by the Stamps, happened to the Bombers at IGF.   Riders haven't lost at home in that fashion.  Both the Riders and Bombers were in very close games against the Alouettes than could've gone either way, props to the Bombers for pulling those out of a hat.   The LDC and the rematch in Winnipeg will by dandies!