The Most Important Game: Wpg @ Regina

BigBlue

Well take away the 2 games and we are 5-2..Sask 3-4.

We won the head to head, but wasn't because of the missed field goal...the miss played a part in it, but that comes down to Wpg having a better FG kicker then..no?...sign of a better team.

Factor in our first game of the year, after a week off...we should have lost..but didn't

Montreal actually other than the T.O blowout have played tough games...heck beat CGY as well so they aren't really a free spot on the bingo card.  Wpg didn't really get stomped by the Stamps either...leading at halftime, a stupid goal line penalty and a pick 6 combined with Nicholls worst game in Wpg doesn't really add up to a stomping. 

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This Mosaic clown must be on some pretty heavy lead paint fumes. There's no debate who the better team is right now.

And next week's game in Regina isn't the most important game, IMO.

Well, let's not forget a couple things.  This game is always huge because it's the biggest CFL rivalry, and it's one that SSK will always come ready to play in and as we all know, records go out the window on Labor Day.  And as usual, we can expect that new stadium of theirs to be sold out and romping.

But as far as whose team is doing the best overall, clearly it is the Bombers.  Now it doesn't mean we win on Sunday.  We've had a 4-game win streak against them which is one of the longest we've had on them in forever.  At some point, it's going to come to an end and I suspect they're going to leave it all on the field to try and give it to us.  But just as in 2013 when our bad team beat their Grey Cup winning team, it did not mean that there was a debate about who was better.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, let's not forget a couple things.  This game is always huge because it's the biggest CFL rivalry, and it's one that SSK will always come ready to play in and as we all know, records go out the window on Labor Day.  And as usual, we can expect that new stadium of theirs to be sold out and romping.

But as far as whose team is doing the best overall, clearly it is the Bombers.  Now it doesn't mean we win on Sunday.  We've had a 4-game win streak against them which is one of the longest we've had on them in forever.  At some point, it's going to come to an end and I suspect they're going to leave it all on the field to try and give it to us.  But just as in 2013 when our bad team beat their Grey Cup winning team, it did not mean that there was a debate about who was better.

I don't disagree with any of that. Anyway, I just don't buy into the idea this upcoming game vs. the Riders is the most important one. I mean, I guess it could be simply because it's the next game up... But win or lose, I don't see it as being one that defines a season or anything of that sort.

The LDC last season was a tight one and came down to the wire. I see this season's being really no different and the victor will be the team who plays the cleaner game.

23 minutes ago, Atomic said:

"It's debatable whether the Bombers are better than the Riders"

It is debatable, both teams have been in very close games and also been stomped on by the Stamps.   The next 3 games will tell the tale IMO.

One thing is certain though, the Bombers are good team this year.  I have zero problem giving them full credit.

Edited by Mosaic

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

It is debatable, both teams have been in very close games and also been stomped on by the Stamps.   The next 3 games will tell the tale IMO.

If you beat Edmonton  tonight, maybe there's a case to be made.  If you don't though, you'll remain 3 1/2 games and 8 points behind us.

31 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Its debatable whether or now the Bombers are a better team than the Riders, 18 games will dictate that.  Right now the Bombers have played 9 games and the Riders have only played 7.  Riders and Bombers went to OT in their first game against each other and the Bombers had to rely on a missed FG in OT to win.  Props to the Bombers. 

Both the Riders and Bombers got stomped by the Stamps, happened to the Bombers at IGF.   Riders haven't lost at home in that fashion.  Both the Riders and Bombers were in very close games against the Alouettes than could've gone either way, props to the Bombers for pulling those out of a hat.   The LDC and the rematch in Winnipeg will by dandies!

7 and 2.  Our team knows how to win.. Yours finds ways to lose. 

Just STOP. You already look like a complete homer. Saying its debatable makes you look ridiculous. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No kidding.  Crazy the amount of blame the D takes.  If the offence can convert one more red zone trip a game they'll be taking knees to kill the clock instead of making Medlock earn every single nickel.

Our OL and backs are under utilized weapons inside the 10 yard line.  Literally almost always go to Adams on a fade or Denmark on a post/corner.  People were predicting the throws in chat, it isn't hard.  The JFG crosser has worked but teams are going to sit on that too.

The red zone productivity looks like something that can be adjusted and improved. Of the issues the D has with run-stopping at critical times - I cannot say as much.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

7 and 2.  Our team knows how to win.. Yours finds ways to lose. 

Just STOP. You already look like a complete homer. Saying its debatable makes you look ridiculous. 

He is actually making some good points - no need to dismiss them just because he's using words like debatable. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

He is actually making some good points - no need to dismiss them just because he's using words like debatable. 

No. Hes really not. Talking about what ifs doesnt change the fact the bombers are better. 

Edited by Goalie

LDC is now just another game that we need to win to stay atop the West....it's no longer the "Grey Cup Of Our Season", because now we're a legitimate contender for the actual Grey Cup, plus we won last year, so that whole "curse" thing is broken. I'm really curious to see how the Riders look in Edmonton. In theory, they should kill them, because the Esks are so beat up, they're AWFUL right now, but the Riders are also hot steaming ****, so I'm kinda thinking it might be a 14-12 kinda game...

40 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Is he though...is he making good points?  Kindly point them out, I must be missing them.  It's a tough sell saying a 3-4 football team is even equal footing with a 7-2 team.  Then there's this....

3. Western road map

The Roughriders are winless in their last 15 road games against West Division opponents.

And the rough ride isn’t likely to stop in Edmonton, where the Eskimos have won their last five games against the visiting Roughriders, while winning seven of their last nine total games against Saskatchewan.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-game-day-visiting-saskatchewan-roughriders-a-big-ticket

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

If you beat Edmonton  tonight, maybe there's a case to be made.  If you don't though, you'll remain 3 1/2 games and 8 points behind us.

Tonight will be a very big one in telling us what this years Riders are all about.  Are they the team that blew out the Lions and Argos or are they the team that got spanked in Vancouver.  I'm expecting a very close game.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

The Bombers are the better team. Our record tells me so.

No question the Bombers are a good team and have had some fortunate bounces go their way in many close games.  When the Bombers blow out a formidable opponent then I will be convinced they are as good as their record.  Until then we shall see.  Next 3 weeks are Uge!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Is he though...is he making good points?  Kindly point them out, I must be missing them.  It's a tough sell saying a 3-4 football team is even equal footing with a 7-2 team.  Then there's this....

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-game-day-visiting-saskatchewan-roughriders-a-big-ticket

That's funny, other than the very close OT game in Regina in week 2, who have the Bombers beaten on the road in the west?