BC LIONS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS ?

Mr Dee

19 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that Jennings injury will certainly be something to watch this upcoming week. I'd rather face a Lulay led team than a Jennings one

Not me ... I think Jennings is the biggest interception cougher in the league .... Lulay is  a former MOP and he mighty fine last night with 400+ yards passing ... the concern has always been with his wing and there looked nothing with it in that performance .... if Lulay has totally rehab-ed BC just got better ... we will see how it holds up

1 minute ago, BigBlue said:

Not me ... I think Jennings is the biggest interception cougher in the league .... Lulay is  a former MOP and he mighty fine last night with 400+ yards passing ... the concern has always been with his wing and there looked nothing with it in that performance .... if Lulay has totally rehab-ed BC just got better ... we will see how it holds up

it was against hamilton/Reinebold D. Lets see how well he does with Nevis and Poop up in his face all night

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I agree. Jennings is nowhere near as good or as smart as Lulay. He should be starting. Not Jennings. The Lions are a better team with Lulay.

People are under selling Jennings... the guy has a cannon of an arm and is very hard to stop once he gets going.      BC would be crazy to give playing time to Lulay if Jennings is healthy.     Lulay is damaged goods and is one hit away from being retired.    

Also how is Jennings not a smart guy?  Are we doing the old guy has no brains but can run fast and throw hard because of his skin color stereotype? 

Edited by Brandon

Jennings is a risk taker, yeah he's got a cannon of an arm and slings it out there to some pretty good receivers, but he'll throw it up to the other team as well. Lulay is a much more dangerous player in my mind simply because he's not as much of a risk taker. Any qb is one good hit away from retirement, if the shoulder is feeling better for Lulay he is still a good qb. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

People are under selling Jennings... the guy has a cannon of an arm and is very hard to stop once he gets going.      BC would be crazy to give playing time to Lulay if Jennings is healthy.     Lulay is damaged goods and is one hit away from being retired.    

Also how is Jennings not a smart guy?  Are we doing the old guy has no brains but can run fast and throw hard because of his skin color stereotype? 

no, we are doing the "wow he throws it into some dumb spots and chooses to run at some odd times" thing..

why you gotta take it racist.

54 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

no, we are doing the "wow he throws it into some dumb spots and chooses to run at some odd times" thing..

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Hey nobody respects the gingers. Its totally true that you look at a ginger and you never think he's a football player unless its footy ball. Is that the race thing you mean?  

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Because nearly every single time a black qb starts the boards say the guy has athletic ability but has zero smarts.   

Look at old threads with Rakeem Cato,  Darian Durant,  Henry Burris,  Troy Smith, Vernon Adams etc....

The only guy that doesn't get stereotyped is Kevin Glenn.  

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Jennings is a risk taker, yeah he's got a cannon of an arm and slings it out there to some pretty good receivers, but he'll throw it up to the other team as well. Lulay is a much more dangerous player in my mind simply because he's not as much of a risk taker. Any qb is one good hit away from retirement, if the shoulder is feeling better for Lulay he is still a good qb. 

Disagree.  With Lulay's shoulder issues any pass over 5 yards is a risk.  He is going to turn the ball over a ton.  Decent amount of luck against a discombobulated D in Hamilton and still had some big turnovers.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree.  With Lulay's shoulder issues any pass over 5 yards is a risk.  He is going to turn the ball over a ton.  Decent amount of luck against a discombobulated D in Hamilton and still had some big turnovers.

A ginger that throws rainbows is a beautiful thing to behold.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Hit Lulay a couple of times .. then let's see how good a QB he still is.

That said I do hope Hall gets after Lulay / Jennings early and often in this game.  Can't let either of those guys sit back and chuck it to the receivers BC has.

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Because nearly every single time a black qb starts the boards say the guy has athletic ability but has zero smarts.   

Look at old threads with Rakeem Cato,  Darian Durant,  Henry Burris,  Troy Smith, Vernon Adams etc....

The only guy that doesn't get stereotyped is Kevin Glenn.  

yea but nobody here said "hes dumb because hes black..." that I can see.. maybe, just maybe, we see him as not to bright because his body of work indicates that as opposed to his flesh tone? 

Just sayin, 2017. maybe time to not assume people being racist all the time.

I see Jennings as still on a learning curve in his career. Yeah he's in his 3rd year, but he was also thrust into the starting position about 2/3 of the way into his rookie season due to Lulay getting hurt, and not getting the luxury of more time on the sidelines learning and watching. IMO he has done remarkably well in the trial by fire scenario, but I do feel at times that when you do something, and succeed its easy to become complacent with regard to improving your game. If Jennings is still making mistakes it's likely because he's still growing as a CFL QB.

Jennings is a gunslinger and they always end up with more Int's. If they're good, they also end up with more big plays and more TD's. One of the reasons he hasn't been as effective this year is his O line. Put any QB behind that O line and he's going to make mistakes because he doesn't have the luxury of time to make his reads or of short 2nd down conversions.

On 2017-07-16 at 1:21 PM, Mr Dee said:

I'll turn to my wise and knowing fellow posters.

Does anyone know if they changed the rule, in the CFL, where the starter is the QB of record. It used to be that way and if it still is, wouldn't that be an ooh-la-lay..

I also contacted the CFL in regards to this matter and found out that Matt Nichols was involved in such a situation...

“Given the lack of formal QB starter Win-Loss rules in the CFL and NFL, win and losses are normally credited to starters. However, that does not diminish the effort of backup QBs who come in midway and turn the game their team’s way.”

Travis Lulay will get credit for the win.

“There have now been four known extreme cases of where the starter went out right away after no more than two plays, including Lulay’s last week. In these cases we have determined that the Win or Loss should be properly redirected to the replacement QB who was forced to step into this extraordinary situation. Here are those four extreme cases:

Travis Lulay (BC - July 15th, 2017),

Matt Nichols (EDM – August 23rd, 2014),

Reggie Slack (WPG – July 17th, 1996) and

Lenny Williams (Las Vegas – July 29th, 1994).