Canadian Politics

Their choice everyone else's money

The agency estimated the cost of COVID-19-related hospitalization in Canada, excluding Quebec, at nearly $1 billion between January 2020 and March 2021, the period covered by the report. It said the cost tripled between November 2020 and March of this year.

CBC

much more by now. Does not include long covid

Edited by Mark F

47 minutes ago, JCon said:

A real shock to the ol' white privilege there. "I didn't think that there would be consequences to my actions" 

carl-chef-kiss.gif

Is it politically incorrect of me to deduce that a large contingent of the people blocking the border crossings in MB, AB and BC are all from a related subsect of society strongly dominated by their male leaders?  Probably just a coincidence.

Who in their ******* right mind targets high school & elementary students?? I swear to God these idiots need to be dealt with. This enraged Karen who spat on that student needs to be charged with assault. And her employer needs to see what kind of ugly person they have in their employ. Some serious jail time & a heavy fine would do her good. You know she'd be wailing in the court room crying for mercy saying she was sorry. 

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think you insult secondary school students. They’re leaps and bounds ahead of these knuckle draggers on their mental development.

I know I had that thought when I posted jt.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

The threat of the emergency measures act worked from the Sun today. https://winnipegsun.com/news/news-news/trudeaus-threats-hit-home-manitoba-border-blockade-to-end-wednesday

Oh no! The consequences of my own actions!

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

Sometimes this doesn't look like Canada anymore.

It is very easy now to be come despondent and cynical about the social culture of Canada right now, but these idiots comprise probably less than a tenth of one percent. However they are very vocal and the media and some politicians and popular figures have given them a profile completely out of proportion  to their numbers and purported popularity. The politicians have been divided and hesitant in their responses as have been the police, and that has compounded the problem. The net message the protesters have taken out of this is that whenever they do not get what they want, even if illegal and outrageous, they can repeat these behaviours and escalate if they choose to with little or no consequence. Bullies rarely respond to negotiation- they see that as an admission of weakness and renew their demands.

Ottawa residents respond to anti-vax truckers with a song about gay cowboys

In Ottawa, Canada’s capital city, a convoy of anti-vax truckers have been protesting against the Canadian government’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement for truckers reentering Canada from the United States — and many Ottawa residents have grown impatient with the traffic jams and gridlock they have created. Some of those Ottawa residents, according to LGBTQ Nation’s Bil Browning, have responded by “using an explicit heavy metal song about gay cowboys having sex to overpower the group’s communications and broadcast it to anyone listening.”

The song is “Ram Ranch,” a 2012 recording by Canadian rocker Grant MacDonald. “Ram Ranch,” Browning reports, “is being blasted over several Zellow channels dedicated to the convoy.”

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Ottawa residents respond to anti-vax truckers with a song about gay cowboys

In Ottawa, Canada’s capital city, a convoy of anti-vax truckers have been protesting against the Canadian government’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement for truckers reentering Canada from the United States — and many Ottawa residents have grown impatient with the traffic jams and gridlock they have created. Some of those Ottawa residents, according to LGBTQ Nation’s Bil Browning, have responded by “using an explicit heavy metal song about gay cowboys having sex to overpower the group’s communications and broadcast it to anyone listening.”

The song is “Ram Ranch,” a 2012 recording by Canadian rocker Grant MacDonald. “Ram Ranch,” Browning reports, “is being blasted over several Zellow channels dedicated to the convoy.”

I read about that a few days ago- here is the twitter thread about that incident.

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

Firearms

New study

"Men are more likely than women to harm themselves and others with firearms. Central to this problem is men’s interest in owning firearms. The precarious manhood paradigm (PMP; Vandello et al., 2008) suggests that masculinity is tenuous and must be outwardly displayed. .Results suggest men’s desire to own firearms maybe connected to masculine insecurities. Efforts should be made to socially defuse the masculinity-firearm connection. Further research implications and limitations are discussed. "(PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2022 APA, all rights reserved)

Edited by Mark F

23 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Is it politically incorrect of me to deduce that a large contingent of the people blocking the border crossings in MB, AB and BC are all from a related subsect of society strongly dominated by their male leaders?  Probably just a coincidence.

Most definitely in Coutts.  

"Coutts is also located in one of the most intransigent regions of Alberta. It is a part of the province long settled by religious minorities escaping persecution, Americans, cattle ranchers and rural folk who have more time for their neighbours than far-off governments. This has always been a hot-bed for distrust in official narratives and public-health guidelines: Whooping Cough is now endemic to the region and doctors fear the return of rubella thanks to lagging vaccination rates — and all of this was well before COVID came along."

https://theline.substack.com/p/dispatch-from-the-coutts-front-god?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Some of the surnames popping up from the Emerson blockade support your suspicion as well.

FLueuqtXMAAYdbr?format=png&name=small

Edited by Wideleft

The Free Press is reporting that, contrary to her public statement yesterday decrying the implementation of the Emergency Measures Act, three days previously, Heather Stefanson sent PM Justin Trudeau a letter begging for assistance. 

Nothing to see here. Move along now, Same old stories- lying Tories.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Free Press is reporting that, contrary to her public statement yesterday decrying the implementation of the Emergency Measures Act, three days previously, Heather Stefanson sent PM Justin Trudeau a letter begging for assistance. 

Nothing to see here. Move along now, Same old stories- lying Tories.

And receipt:

******* ******* Cons.... she wants to cozy up to the base that is the convoy, and doesn't want any of the blame, so she gets Trudeau to do it for her, so she doesn't take any heat from them and she can blame him. Man, I'm glad that letter became public....no hiding now. Spineless cowards. 

On 2022-02-15 at 4:37 PM, Mark F said:

Their choice everyone else's money

The agency estimated the cost of COVID-19-related hospitalization in Canada, excluding Quebec, at nearly $1 billion between January 2020 and March 2021, the period covered by the report. It said the cost tripled between November 2020 and March of this year.

CBC

much more by now. Does not include long covid

Three days worth of trade over the Windsor Bridge.  Just imagine, the amount of trade they held up was enough to pay for all Covid costs, twice over. 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

New study

"Men are more likely than women to harm themselves and others with firearms. Central to this problem is men’s interest in owning firearms. The precarious manhood paradigm (PMP; Vandello et al., 2008) suggests that masculinity is tenuous and must be outwardly displayed. .Results suggest men’s desire to own firearms maybe connected to masculine insecurities. Efforts should be made to socially defuse the masculinity-firearm connection. Further research implications and limitations are discussed. "(PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2022 APA, all rights reserved)

You are disregarding the phallic sympbolism of guns so dear to those males who are not generously endowed. Its called compensation.

Edited by Tracker