Canadian Politics

49 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Gardwine is running ads for truckers every morning on CJOB. They make a point of "saying without saying " that they can still use unvaccinated truckers. When this whole thing started I said that it was all BS. I seriously could find a job for any competent  trucker vaccinated or not in an hour. That's not an exaggeration. 

22 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It would be interesting to know the real actual percentage that accurately reflects this 'division' of Canadian citizens.

For arguments sake as an example lets say its 85%  who believe in science, public health expertise, social responsibility, multiculturalism, teaching learning from history, the importance public education etc etc whereas 15% think it's all bunk and have done their 'research', the government and the medical field is trying to manipulate and control us, taking away our freedoms, our rights to choose. 

According to my math, is that really a division?

And further more maybe it's time to cut that small minority loose. Their beliefs are obviously incompatible with what Canada stands for.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And further more maybe it's time to cut that small minority loose. Their beliefs are obviously incompatible with what Canada stands for.

What does that look like to cut them loose? Obviously when we try to restrict the damage they can do to the rest of our society, they cause quite a bit of chaos for the amount of people they represent.

6 minutes ago, WildPath said:

What does that look like to cut them loose? Obviously when we try to restrict the damage they can do to the rest of our society, they cause quite a bit of chaos for the amount of people they represent.

Yup not really an option other than hopefully their loud drivel once again becomes white noise and they peter themselves out and run out of money.

I saw this tweet from a Surgeon that was perfect. He goes I'm tired of washing my hands before surgery. Not going to do it anymore. If you get an infection, not my problem.

So when I see placards that say no mandates, freedom of choice it confuses me. Okay no mandates, freedom of choice for anything (see Surgeon above) or no mandates only for things that you want to say no to regardless of how it helps us collectively and pay no consequences because of that choice?

Fox News staffer made up story about Canadian protester getting trampled — and duped Ted Cruz: report

Fox News contributor Sara Carter has retracted an "entirely fictitious" story about a Canadian "freedom convoy" protester getting trampled by a police horse, the Daily Beast reported Saturday.

“Reports are the woman trampled by a Canadian horse patrol just died at the hospital ... #Trudeau #FreedomConvoyCanada,” Carter tweeted on Friday.

Carter has 1.3 million Twitter followers, and her post was amplified by conservatives including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Fox Nation hosts Diamond and Silk. But on Saturday morning, Carter — who claims to be an "award-winning correspondent" and is frequently called upon by host Sean Hannity — admitted the story was false.

“The Reports I was given earlier yesterday from sources on the ground that someone may have died at a hospital during the trampling was wrong,” Carter tweeted, adding that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”
Carter subsequently deleted her original tweet — but only after being contacted by the Daily Beast on Saturday evening. And not until after Cruz deleted his retweet – in which he had written above Carter's original post, "This...is...horrific."

"I deleted my retweet about a Canadian protestor being trampled to death because the journalist who first reported it now says it was in error," Cruz wrote on Saturday afternoon. "I remain deeply concerned about the abuse—seizing money & employing violence against peaceful protesters—that we’re seeing in Canada."

Fox News staffer made up story about Canadian protester getting trampled — and duped Ted Cruz: report - Alternet.org

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Fox News staffer made up story about Canadian protester getting trampled — and duped Ted Cruz: report

Fox News contributor Sara Carter has retracted an "entirely fictitious" story about a Canadian "freedom convoy" protester getting trampled by a police horse, the Daily Beast reported Saturday.

“Reports are the woman trampled by a Canadian horse patrol just died at the hospital ... #Trudeau #FreedomConvoyCanada,” Carter tweeted on Friday.

Carter has 1.3 million Twitter followers, and her post was amplified by conservatives including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Fox Nation hosts Diamond and Silk. But on Saturday morning, Carter — who claims to be an "award-winning correspondent" and is frequently called upon by host Sean Hannity — admitted the story was false.

“The Reports I was given earlier yesterday from sources on the ground that someone may have died at a hospital during the trampling was wrong,” Carter tweeted, adding that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”
Carter subsequently deleted her original tweet — but only after being contacted by the Daily Beast on Saturday evening. And not until after Cruz deleted his retweet – in which he had written above Carter's original post, "This...is...horrific."

"I deleted my retweet about a Canadian protestor being trampled to death because the journalist who first reported it now says it was in error," Cruz wrote on Saturday afternoon. "I remain deeply concerned about the abuse—seizing money & employing violence against peaceful protesters—that we’re seeing in Canada."

Fox News staffer made up story about Canadian protester getting trampled — and duped Ted Cruz: report - Alternet.org

Perfect example demonstrating the major problem with social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook etc and how people and groups know exactly how to use it nefariously for their own wacked purposes with absolutely no consequences for this behaviour, for the freedom of choices they make.

Ooops I'm sawwwy I'm made an ooopsy. (Thinking in Mr. Burns best voice, damage done).

Meanwhile Twitter and Facebook know these wacked people draw millions and millions of dollars in advertising revenue for them so they'll skirt around it with they're crazy speak (see that weirdo Zuckerberg as an example) to explain why they can't censor people.

It's just a game, we all just happen to be in it thinking we're playing a completely different game with completely different rules.

There's my motivational speech of the day.

Jason Kenny, who, like Heather Stefanson, had asked for federal help a few days before the Emergency Act was invoked, has now decided that it is a good use of several million dollars to sue the federal government over the implemantation of that act. In a CBC interview this morning, he said that things were pretty much in hand and there was no need. Now he has added stupidity to cowardice and hypocrisy.

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

Gardwine is running ads for truckers every morning on CJOB. They make a point of "saying without saying " that they can still use unvaccinated truckers. When this whole thing started I said that it was all BS. I seriously could find a job for any competent  trucker vaccinated or not in an hour. That's not an exaggeration. 

And - if they want a long haul job - how about BC to Toronto?

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Jason Kenny, who, like Heather Stefanson, had asked for federal help a few days before the Emergency Act was invoked, has now decided that it is a good use of several million dollars to sue the federal government over the implemantation of that act. In a CBC interview this morning, he said that things were pretty much in hand and there was no need. Now he has added stupidity to cowardice and hypocrisy.

Classic Bumbles. 

According to things being said in various videos, a combination of social media and the convoy organizers had convinced most of the protestors that:

1. The police are on their side

2. Most of Canada agrees with them

3. That they just needed to 'hold the line'

To me, they seem shocked to discover that this is not the case.

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

According to things being said in various videos, a combination of social media and the convoy organizers had convinced most of the protestors that:

The problem is, it’s not even a side. It’s drivel like a toddler walking around wanting to do whatever they want and then throw a temper tantrum when the parent demonstrates there are consequences to the choices they make  that are affecting other people.

Different sides to an argument include many many examples but not this one. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It is obvious that some police not only sympathize with them but actively support them. And most of them are too dim to realize they have been infiltrated by extremists and betrayed. There are those among the protesters who are going to make a lot of money or are  hoping to,

Edited by Tracker

13 hours ago, WildPath said:

Stop pandering to their tantrums. Tell em to sit down and shut up while the grown ups are talking. Sick and tired of 15-20% of the population trying to hold the rest of us hostage to their backasswards views. 

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

It is obvious that some police not only sympathize with them but actively support them. And most of them are too dim to realize they have been infiltrated by extremists and betrayed. There are those among the protesters who are going to make a lot of money or are  hoping to,

Right - some Police probably did support them, but when their boss tells them to do tbeir job, they have to go do it.

Unlike the protestors who refused to leave their trucks. Respect for authority seems to be a concept that is lost on them. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/calls-to-arrest-randy-hillier-mpp-after-involvement-ottawa-protest-1.6359028

While Dr. Alan Drummond was tending to patients in the emergency room of the Perth and Smiths District Hospital over the weekend, his MPP sent out a tweet encouraging protesters to flood Ottawa police phone lines.

"This is like a new level," said Drummond, who's had public social media disagreements with Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston MPP Randy Hillier since the COVID-19 pandemic started two years ago. 

"Maybe this will be the beginning of the end of this, if they actually formally arrest him — as I think they should." 

Hillier, who was expelled from the Progressive Conservative caucus prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and now sits as an independent, told CBC he'd spent much of the past three weeks protesting in downtown Ottawa, rallying against the "great crime" of not allowing dissent.

The post was encouraging people to ring up the police force's "operational dispatch," said Hillier.

His message was shared widely on Twitter, with many angry that Hillier would urge protesters to call emergency phone lines.

Soon, #ArrestRandyHillier started trending.

Ottawa lawyer James Bowie compared Hillier's involvement in the occupation with leaders like Tamara Lich, who was arrested and charged with counselling to commit mischief and remains in an Ottawa jail. 

"I think Randy Hillier did almost exactly, precisely the same thing as Tamara Lich has done," said Bowie. "I see no juristic reason why she should be prosecuted and he should not be." 

Stochastic terrorism. This scumbag should be prohibited from holding any type of public office.

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Stop pandering to their tantrums. Tell em to sit down and shut up while the grown ups are talking. Sick and tired of 15-20% of the population trying to hold the rest of us hostage to their backasswards views. 

Who are you referring to that is pandering to their tantrums? I only see the provincial and federal Conservatives doing this.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2022/02/21/aligning-with-protesters-like-catching-a-tiger-by-the-tail-it-could-backfire-on-conservatives-say-politicos/345272

Some Conservative MPs’ embrace of the convoy is a risky strategy that might help the party harness the populist wave now, but could backfire in future.

“The fact of the matter is that any politician who decides to cozy up to the trucking protest, basically has a tiger by the tail,” said Nik Nanos, founder and chief data scientist for Nanos Research, in an interview with The Hill Times. “These truckers, they don’t just blindly follow anyone. What we’ve learned in the last number of weeks is that the individuals behind the protests are very sophisticated, not just logistically, but politically in terms of how they’ve been framing themselves, so, it can cut both ways.”

Since the start of the protest late last month, a number of Conservative MPs, including leadership candidate Pierre Poilievre (Carleton, Ont.) have been endorsing and supporting the thousands of protesters who have jammed up the streets around Parliament Hill in downtown Ottawa. Poilievre has been using the event to data mine, collecting the contact information of the protesters who could help him sign up new potential supporters and raise funds.

A number of Conservative MPs—mostly from Western and rural Canada—not only regularly go and meet with these protesters but also take pictures with them and post them on social media. Poilievre has said he’s “proud” of the truckers, stands with them and blames Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (Papineau, Que.) for using mandatory vaccination “as a vindictive wedge strategy to divide Canadians and demonize an apparently unpopular minority of unvaccinated people to his own political advantage.” Poilievre says the government’s vaccine policy is the reason why the rest of the country is held hostage, arguing Trudeau is unwilling to admit he was wrong and lift these mandates. He’s even encouraging protesters to “fire him democratically.” Convoy organizers have already suggested firing him undemocratically in the Memorandum of Understanding they arrived with three weeks ago, which outlined a demand for the Senate, Governor General, and opposition MPs to come together and remove the prime minister and replace him with a coalition of politicians and convoy organizers/spokespeople.

“Trudeau has provoked this crisis to distract Canadians from his inflation and the economic pain he is causing the people of this country,” Poilievre told reporters last week. “It’s time to put an end to Trudeau’s divisions and get to work for Canadians.”

“Trudeau has provoked this crisis to distract Canadians from his inflation and the economic pain he is causing the people of this country,” Poilievre told reporters last week. “It’s time to put an end to Trudeau’s divisions and get to work for Canadians.”
"Biden has provoked this (Ukraine) crisis to distract American from his inflation and the economic pain he is causing the people of this country,” Fox Nation told their followers last week. “It’s time to put an end to Biden's divisions and get to work for Americans”

Right wing cut and paste, philosophy..........