Canadian Politics

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/freedom-convoy-2022-donations-frozen-give-send-go-1.6347345

The Ontario Superior Court of Justice has granted a request from the provincial government to freeze access to millions of dollars donated through online fundraising platform GiveSendGo to the truckers' convoy protesting COVID-19 restrictions in Ottawa and at several border crossings.

A statement from Premier Doug Ford's office on Thursday said Attorney General Doug Downey brought the application for the order, under Section 490.8 of the Criminal Code, to prohibit anyone from distributing donations made through the website's "Freedom Convoy 2022" and "Adopt-a-Trucker" campaign pages.

Ivana Yelich, a spokesperson for the premier, said the order "binds any and all parties with possession or control over these donations."

Convoy organizers quickly set up a campaign on Christian fundraising site GiveSendGo, after donors initially raised more than $10 million through the crowdfunding platform GoFundMe.

Late last week, GoFundMe said it would stop payments to convoy organizers and refund donors directly because the protest violates its rules on violence and harassment.

Another blow dealt to those grifting, seditious losers.

Goertzen on the radio " alot of people ,depending what SIDE OF THE DISCUSSION  you are on want us to tell the police to end it.  You might like it this time  but next time........ blah blah." These morons don't get it.  First off , what discussion ? The protestors are breaking the law . Laws you enacted. You have a very small minority demanding they control health regulations. Its effecting business and trade. I'm pretty sure if this goes much longer violence will end up happening. It's embarassing that the US would feel they need to offer to step in.

Edit : I just fired off an email to my MLA expressing my view that this needs to end now. I doubt it gets a response or even read but you never know. If they hear enough voices .......

Edited by the watcher

To be fair, Goertzen is a smooth-brained moron with the mental capacity of old sponge.

Conservatives across the country continue to show their true colours over the last two weeks. They stand for absolutely nothing and fall for some of the dumbest **** known to man.

Case in point: https://nationalpost.com/news/im-proud-of-the-truckers-says-poilievre-in-lambasting-justin-trudeaus-response-to-protests

Conservative leadership candidate Pierre Poilievre says he is “proud” of the truckers and stands with them.

Poilievre also says he blames Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for the situation, which is paralyzing critical infrastructure at the border.

“I’m proud of the truckers and I stand with them,” Poilievre said in an interview recorded on Thursday for next week’s episode of the Postmedia podcast Full Comment with Anthony Furey.

“They have reached a breaking point after two years of massive government overreach of a prime minister who insults and degrades anyone who disagrees with his heavy-handed approach.

“But let’s be honest, if Canadians are being inconvenienced, or in any way suffering from these protests, it is because Justin Trudeau made these protests happen and his intransigence is keeping the protests going,” he added.

Dog whistles, hysterical conjecture, and full on lies. Pandering to gullible, afraid, ignorant idiots who he knows will vote for a greasy scumbucket like him.

Meanwhile, back in 2020: 

yu47pxqu34h81.png

Certified flip-flopper with racist tendencies.

Edited by blue_gold_84
content added

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

U.S. offers Trudeau government help to end border blockade

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/white-house-border-convoy-protest-covid-response-1.6347421

The Americans would have no problem showing up with tanks at the blockaded border crossings and they wouldn't even need to arm them.  Watch the chickens shits flutter.

Problem is, would they leave? 

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

Poilievre is supporting the terrorists who's stated goal is to overthrow the democratically elected gov't and depose the leaders. They also want Trudeau executed for crimes. 

Today's CPC! 

And the interim leader has now flip flopped for the nth time, and asked them to leave.

People love to make fun of Trudeau, but Bergen sounds like a 4th grader.  

Seriously, an MP across the floor explains jurisdiction in answer to a question. She then accuses him of 'mansplaining' things to her. 

One more point for every level of government.  Precedence is being set here. The next time indigenous,  LGBQT, the gun lobby , the anti gun lobby or any other group with a bone to pick , just or not ,have  an issue,  they have a template on how to get attention. . Let's see if Mr Goertzen is so understanding then.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-pandemic-restrictions-1.6347862

Manitoba will eliminate capacity limits for many businesses and other venues starting Tuesday as the province further loosens public health orders and eliminate mask requirements on March 15.

The province also intends to remove all proof of vaccination requirements on March 1, which means vaccination cards will no longer be needed.

All restrictions will end March 15.

"Today we offer hope to those who have been waiting for a long time to see that light at the end of the tunnel," Premier Heather Stefanson said at a news conference.

"The restrictions have placed many burdens on Manitobans, and now that we see the pressure of our hospital systems starting to ease, it's our responsibility of government to ease those restrictions on Manitobans."

Hey, everyone! The pandemic is over!

Facepalm Statue With Head In Hands Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

Just now, Goalie said:

Not with the Cons In charge. 

Who would have thought Doug Ford would be the the only sane conservative premier 3 years ago? 

Ehhhhhh let's not go that far. He's just slightly less crazy than the others, who are off the charts.... 

49 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Ford is pretty much a disaster too. Kenney makes him look like Churchill in comparison.

This. Ford is a total moron, but Kenney, Moe and Steffanson are complete lunatics that look to DeSantis and Cruz as good examples. Monsters. 

6 hours ago, the watcher said:

Goertzen on the radio " alot of people ,depending what SIDE OF THE DISCUSSION  you are on want us to tell the police to end it.  You might like it this time  but next time........ blah blah." These morons don't get it.  First off , what discussion ? The protestors are breaking the law . Laws you enacted. You have a very small minority demanding they control health regulations. Its effecting business and trade. I'm pretty sure if this goes much longer violence will end up happening. It's embarassing that the US would feel they need to offer to step in.

Edit : I just fired off an email to my MLA expressing my view that this needs to end now. I doubt it gets a response or even read but you never know. If they hear enough voices .......

For all you both sides supporters, what say you on the bolded part above?