Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

On 11/2/2016 at 11:24 AM, Stickem said:

I read your posts over there and you were always very respectful to their fans, I thought...Why they give you the royal boot is beyond me...Some of the rider posters are quite knowledgeable and fair but a lot of them are nutbars, way over the top and fit the handle 'troll'...They sure have a hate on for us and the feeling is mutual ...Ripper is a pretty good head...at least when he's on here but certainly tows the party line when he post at rfs and gets a little green googly eyed when he's back in the fold...In any case welcome lyin' guy...Looking forward to seeing your stuff on here..IF we meet in the semi...I won't wish you any good luck and I hope it's a slobberknocker...

It's like that everywhere in life; some people like you, some don't......some like me there, some didn't.   As I said  the majority of posters on RF's are genuinely good, solid passionate people.   The Riders mean the world to them and when a team becomes woven into the fabric of your culture like the Riders are there you tend to take it a lot more seriously than others might.  I get that.  They get to pick at my carcass there for awhile, and I suppose they've earned that right and I would expect a few of them to take some good hard swings; but I would still buy anyone there a beer and chat football with them any day.

As for the WSF, I fully expect to see the Bombers at BC Place the following weekend.  I hope we knock the crap out of you :)  We owe you.

15 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

It's like that everywhere in life; some people like you, some don't......some like me there, some didn't.   As I said  the majority of posters on RF's are genuinely good, solid passionate people.   The Riders mean the world to them and when a team becomes woven into the fabric of your culture like the Riders are there you tend to take it a lot more seriously than others might.  I get that.  They get to pick at my carcass there for awhile, and I suppose they've earned that right and I would expect a few of them to take some good hard swings; but I would still buy anyone there a beer and chat football with them any day.

As for the WSF, I fully expect to see the Bombers at BC Place the following weekend.  I hope we knock the crap out of you :)  We owe you.

The problem at Riderfans in the past year hasn't been the members at large, it has been a couple of moderators with agendas because their credibility was crushed to dust because of their Chris Jones love-in and the inaccuracies they were flogging as truth. (Re: Mike serving it up on Rider Stronson)

Edited by gcn11

4 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

The problem at Riderfans in the past year hasn't been the members at large, it has been a couple of moderators with agendas because their credibility was crushed to dust because of their Chris Jones love-in and the inaccuracies they were flogging as truth.

They have had a tough 2 and half years there.  It's definitely for the best that I'm gone and I would suggest others ( other teams fans ) should probably back off and get out as well.  Leave them to themselves.  It seems that's what they want.

2 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

They have had a tough 2 and half years there.  It's definitely for the best that I'm gone and I would suggest others ( other teams fans ) should probably back off and get out as well.  Leave them to themselves.  It seems that's what they want.

Yeah.  Agreed.  It's what SOME of them want that's for sure. Won't be long before they begin eating their own. Some serious agendas at play over there right now.

It's too bad because the vast majority just want to talk football.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, lyin' guy said:

Seems like it lyin guy'...they're wallowing in their own misery and lashing out, and fans from elsewhere are getting caught in the wash....I used to think bigsexydawg was pretty fair minded but even he is turning the way of the 'closed minded'...Better than the 'no minds' that permeate the place I guess.... This whole debacle about running houses for players and breaking league rules was a blind spot for a lot of them....Their baloney that 'everyone does it' and the league is being run by a moron was getting to be a little too much for me....What's the old saying...'there's none so blind ,as those that will not see'...I think there'll be more fall out at the end of the season and into 17' and it's going to be a real eye opener for a lot at rf's....When their eyes are opened and some of them have to face the fact that the league is not being run by the Saskatchewan Roughriders maybe they'll lighten up.

Edited by Stickem

I was thinking a little about that this morning, with what Chris Jones has done since he came into town over there (and even the circumstances leading to his departure in edmonton). If in some totally ****** up universe where the riders were the team I cheered instead of the bombers, what would my perspective be on Chris Jones, in comaprision to how I felt about Mike Kelly at the tail end of his one and done season. 

There are a ton of similarities, but I almost think Jones may be worse. He never fully lost the media, but man, to treat that last home game as a pre-season game, and then turn around and try to sell it as something other than a **** sandwich.....that would have been the last straw I think.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Whatever... We've been road warriors all year. We may be better away from IGF... 

I'm confident they can beat the Lions in BC Place in perfect conditions, Harris should be unstoppable.  They sure better put in a good performance today so that they end the season on an upswing.

4 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Nice to see you take the high road. Well done.

4 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

I've asked Gov to delete my account as well and shared with him exactly why. He actually replied to me by telling me he took what I told him seriously and while he certainly didn't have time to look into the specifics of what I mentioned to him, he would make time for it in the offseason and let me know.

There's one administrator over there that has gone completely off the deep end. I don't expect Gov to do anything about it and truthfully, I can't fault him for being loyal to his people but I'm at least optimistic he may be honest in saying that he's going to look into things.

Sometimes people reach out and tell me that I'm a bit of a **** and that the way I post can sometimes be abrasive. Fair enough. I'm not always the most sensitive person when it comes to discussing football on the internet. But I would never use my authority here to start threatening a member I did not like or deleting their posts just because I felt like it. When that starts happening ... you have an issue on your hands.

Decided it wasn't worth the effort. Won't be participating on RF.com anymore until that administrator is no longer a part of their staff.

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Agreed. We stink at home.

7-2 vs 1 game under .500. Plus the game would be in the dome. That said with a grey cup route that leads through calgary, an easy route is none existent in the west. If we are gonna be able to beat calgary or put up a real fight, we will be more then good enough to beat bc at home. 

Re: Maas.

Wally has said he doesn't like the mic'd up but sometimes you have to put the league ahead of your team and what you want to do.

Maas said he doesn't like the mic'd up and does what is best for his team ahead of the league.

Wally comes across as the savvy veteran that he is and Maas the petulant, immature rookie HC that he is. Maas still thinks and acts like a player too much of the time.

Re: Riderfans.com

Too many of those guys have lost their sense of humour and have developed a very thin skin. That place was better when they were overly optimistic and planning GC parades back when they actually had some hope. Speaking of hope, I hope that the Riders re-sign Durant, otherwise the strain on the mental health care workers in that province will be overwhelming.

Edited by DanoT

21 hours ago, Mike said:

I've asked Gov to delete my account as well and shared with him exactly why. He actually replied to me by telling me he took what I told him seriously and while he certainly didn't have time to look into the specifics of what I mentioned to him, he would make time for it in the offseason and let me know.

There's one administrator over there that has gone completely off the deep end. I don't expect Gov to do anything about it and truthfully, I can't fault him for being loyal to his people but I'm at least optimistic he may be honest in saying that he's going to look into things.

Sometimes people reach out and tell me that I'm a bit of a **** and that the way I post can sometimes be abrasive. Fair enough. I'm not always the most sensitive person when it comes to discussing football on the internet. But I would never use my authority here to start threatening a member I did not like or deleting their posts just because I felt like it. When that starts happening ... you have an issue on your hands.

Decided it wasn't worth the effort. Won't be participating on RF.com anymore until that administrator is no longer a part of their staff.

As someone who has lashed out at you a time or two, I agree completely that despite harsh words that are contrary to your opinion that you don't ban people for it.

One of the most respected CFL forum members has flipped his noodle and shredded his credibility this year and he knows it and is taking it out on everyone. I wish CRF really knew the effect this is having on his forums reputation even amongst a great number of his own members. I know Mike can personally attest to getting PMs from several Rider fans for taking him to task...as did I when I did the same. Gov needs to realize how many of his own people would jump ship to a new Rider forum because of how they were treated there this year. At some point and time a group of them may just do the unthinkable and start their own forum and he may be surprised how many get up and leave his.

Edited by gcn11

On 11/4/2016 at 0:37 PM, Noeller said:

Whatever... We've been road warriors all year. We may be better away from IGF... 

I'm with you on this one. I like the fact that weather will not be an issue so it comes down to who executes the better game plan. 

I'm really interested to see if Normand is profiled more in this game as a one two punch with Harris.

Edited by HardCoreBlue