Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

21 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

To be fair Leone has never place kicked before the last 2 seasons.  Something he is learning as a pro, which is hard to do.  Had always been strictly a punter.  I bet Leone actually welcomes this move as it takes some heat off.  McCallum can kcik with the 40, Leone can try out side that.

Hey LG....good to see you at a forum where the moderators haven't lost their collective minds in order to stifle all non comforming conversation.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

apparently he whined like a ***** on TSN today that, because of the fines etc, now his poor wife has to take a job. Get f***ed...

Let's pretend this is true for a moment. Imagine that conversation...

Maas: Honey, you need to get job.

Ms Maas: What? Why?

Maas: I'm not wearing a microphone and the CFL is going to fine me.

Ms Maas: Why don't you want to wear a microphone?

Maas: On principle.

Ms Maas: Well, do other coaches have to wear them?

Maas: Oh yes. So, can you start looking?

Ms Maas: Oh for sure. But I'm not taking any job where I can't dictate the exact terms of my employment. Where I'll only follow the rules that I want.

Maas: What? Why?

Ms Maas: On principle.

Edited by JCon
Poor English

33 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I think he might be passing Chris Jones on my list of coaches I don't like. He acts like an idiot on the sidelines and now he's doing it in his interviews as well.

Maas will have a short career in Edmonton. The media is already all over him. He is a ****

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Hey LG....good to see you at a forum where the moderators haven't lost their collective minds in order to stifle all non comforming conversation.

Thank you. It was way more difficult there than it needed to be.  But generally the folks at RFs are solid, good people. They're passionate and that's a good thing. Sometimes they are over the top, but who isn't?  I was just tiredof being labelled a troll and the mods have an opinion the others follow. they have their version of who and what I am, and that's fine. I know what I do, and I do it with a tongue firmly in my cheek. Here's hoping my stay here is much more enjoyable.  I wish them well, all of them, just not their lousy football team. 

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

RE: Maas

Found the audio from his interview yesterday.  10 minutes, but quite comical.

https://omny.fm/shows/ched/nov-1-hc-jason-maas-discusses-his-concerns-about-w

If, and this is a big if, he's not talking out of his ass and his team is uniquely affected by the mic because they run an exclusively no-huddle offense then perhaps he has a point. But I'm not in a position to know how much of what he says is just excuse and how much is a legitimate, unique concern. 

30 minutes ago, StevetheClub said:

If, and this is a big if, he's not talking out of his ass and his team is uniquely affected by the mic because they run an exclusively no-huddle offense then perhaps he has a point. But I'm not in a position to know how much of what he says is just excuse and how much is a legitimate, unique concern. 

This must be the official line. I heard Mike Reilly spout this last week on the Waggle podcast. I know there are more knowledgeable people here that can correct me here but I don't get how running no huddle would be different than running a huddle with microphones turned on. Weren' t the microphones turned on in huddle? 

Even if that were a legitimate concern that should have been dealt with at the board of directors level in negotiations with TSN.

3 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Thank you. It was way more difficult there than it needed to be.  But generally the folks at RFs are solid, good people. They're passionate and that's a good thing. Sometimes they are over the top, but who isn't?  I was just tiredof being labelled a troll and the mods have an opinion the others follow. they have their version of who and what I am, and that's fine. I know what I do, and I do it with a tongue firmly in my cheek. Here's hoping my stay here is much more enjoyable.  I wish them well, all of them, just not their lousy football team. 

I read your posts over there and you were always very respectful to their fans, I thought...Why they give you the royal boot is beyond me...Some of the rider posters are quite knowledgeable and fair but a lot of them are nutbars, way over the top and fit the handle 'troll'...They sure have a hate on for us and the feeling is mutual ...Ripper is a pretty good head...at least when he's on here but certainly tows the party line when he post at rfs and gets a little green googly eyed when he's back in the fold...In any case welcome lyin' guy...Looking forward to seeing your stuff on here..IF we meet in the semi...I won't wish you any good luck and I hope it's a slobberknocker...

5 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

BC still sucks

1 hour ago, lyin' guy said:

The whole province?  There are some sketchy parts I agree, but in all it's a pretty good place to be. :)

You're taking Tracker WBBFanWest too literally, it's a well rehearsed chant that has been used by Wpg. fans at football games since at least the 70's.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne