Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

From Herb Z:

"Jim Popp was supposed to meet the media today. Now, it'll be tomorrow with #Als' president Mark Weightman. Must be big news."

If I was the Als I would retain Jacques Chapdelaine for another year unless they can convince Trestman to come back.   JC has done a decent job considering the mess he landed in the middle of.  If Popp never coaches again it will be too soon.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

41 minutes ago, Zontar said:

aA lot of Rider fans planning going away party for Durant and a welcome home party for Franklin. But is he under contract next year or not. How can something so simple be so unclear ?

Sometimes it's hard get through that melon...Blinded by all of their self importance as well....Durant doesn't sound all that positive about remaining in Riderland and says things have come to a standstill....He mentioned Chick, Dressler and Getzlaff at the end of his discussion, about his status for next year...Is Durant getting the same feeling as all of those players did when Jonesie let them go....hmmmm...Stay tuned...Could be all contract posturing but where there's smoke......... 

Edited by Stickem

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It is a group that had a hard time with the idea that 12+1=13.

Ouch. Just remember, that was our very own Paul Lapolice up in the booth for the Riders for that loss.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Being that he was their OC and the penalty was on special teams, I'm not sure what your point is.

Only that he was a part of that team. I'm sure it still stings or are you suggesting that because he was an OC it didn't bother him at all. I highly doubt that.

6 hours ago, Zontar said:

A lot of Rider fans planning going away party for Durant and a welcome home party for Franklin. But is he under contract next year or not. How can something so simple be so unclear ?

I don't think they realize that there will be other suitors interested in Franklin. The Bombers, Argos and/or the Als are all possibilities. Maybe even the RedBlacks if they aren't enamored with Trevor Harris. I'm not sure anyone chooses to play for the Rider all other things(money) being equal.

3 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't think they realize that there will be other suitors interested in Franklin. The Bombers, Argos and/or the Als are all possibilities. Maybe even the RedBlacks if they aren't enamored with Trevor Harris. I'm not sure anyone chooses to play for the Rider all other things(money) being equal.

Ottawa would be fools to let Harris go at this point in favour of a relatively unknown Franklin. Besides, it has been definitively stated that Franklin in under contract for 2017.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Ottawa would be fools to let Harris go at this point in favour of a relatively unknown Franklin. Besides, it has been definitively stated that Franklin in under contract for 2017.

The way Harris performance has tailed off down the stretch the last two years, combined with Desjardins showing us twice now that he's not afraid to make a big move when it comes to Quarterbacks make me believe the RedBlacks could be dark horses in this.

Definitely stated? I Know the one Eskimos radio guy said that, but everyone else is saying that he's an FA. I tend to believe the side that says hes going to be a free agent(main reason the Esks couldn't move him earlier this year IMO) but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

The way Harris performance has tailed off down the stretch the last two years, combined with Desjardins showing us twice now that he's not afraid to make a big move when it comes to Quarterbacks make me believe the RedBlacks could be dark horses in this.

Definitely stated? I Know the one Eskimos radio guy said that, but everyone else is saying that he's an FA. I tend to believe the side that says hes going to be a free agent(main reason the Esks couldn't move him earlier this year IMO) but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

That statement apparently came from the CFL head office

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'd trade OUR first round pick for Franklin no questions asked.

Too bad we didn't just sign him when we had him on our negotiation list years ago.

The Rider deal with Durant will probably get done, however this is their prime opportunity to move on. Durant is on the downside now.  He's still decent, but why tear your team down to the studs and keep the old fridge in the kitchen? 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'd trade OUR first round pick for Franklin no questions asked.

Too bad we didn't just sign him when we had him on our negotiation list years ago.

I can't see the Bombers making a play for Franklin at this point.  Especially since Nichols being their MOP. I'd imagine he's already considered to be their starter next season.

24 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

The Rider deal with Durant will probably get done, however this is their prime opportunity to move on. Durant is on the downside now.  He's still decent, but why tear your team down to the studs and keep the old fridge in the kitchen? 

because there are no more fridges out there that are as good as the old one and if you get a new one you might wind up starving cause all your food spoils.

Durant is old, but the Riders need him cause he still gives them the best chance to win week in and week out. I think they absolutely have to bring him back and find something good behind him for the future otherwise it'll be a rough go of things. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

because there are no more fridges out there that are as good as the old one and if you get a new one you might wind up starving cause all your food spoils.

Durant is old, but the Riders need him cause he still gives them the best chance to win week in and week out. I think they absolutely have to bring him back and find something good behind him for the future otherwise it'll be a rough go of things. 

I'm so glad the talks have stalled. I hope Jones lets him walk!