Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

It looks bad on any team, the Canada's team thing is a media hype thing. I think lots of people don't like Jones so this is just another thing to jump on him about. I've also never heard of a team getting a fine this large. I wish the commissioner had some balls when it came to qb's getting hurt with illegal hits. I would like to know more about this, when?, how many plays?

I'm not familiar with the CBA but does the commish have Goodell-like authority to impose whatever he feels like for fines or is it mandated by the CBA? It would be nice to see any illegal hit to the QB to be subject to a possible heavy fine/suspension.

According to the Riders depth chart they started 3 on D and 4 on O... which is the ratio they would need to maintain throughout the game... In order to track it I guess someone would have to go through every play and count the players on the field... this actually legitimately sounds like a fun activity (if I had the time and access to film)...

I honestly never got the Canada's team label.  I think it was started by rod black a few years back but it never seemed to be hyped by the team itself. 

I hate the riders like anyone else but I really think this is something that could have happened to any team and more than likely has happened on numerous occasions. This time unfortunately for the riders it was caught.  Prior to this season it probably wouldn't have been noticed as the league didn't have the game spotters. 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

According to the Riders depth chart they started 3 on D and 4 on O... which is the ratio they would need to maintain throughout the game... In order to track it I guess someone would have to go through every play and count the players on the field... this actually legitimately sounds like a fun activity (if I had the time and access to film)...

Get Eric from BomberBuzz who PDF'ed every play for the Bombers/Stamps game a while back to do it!

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I honestly never got the Canada's team label.  I think it was started by rod black a few years back but it never seemed to be hyped by the team itself. 

I hate the riders like anyone else but I really think this is something that could have happened to any team and more than likely has happened on numerous occasions. This time unfortunately for the riders it was caught.  Prior to this season it probably wouldn't have been noticed as the league didn't have the game spotters. 

To a certain extent I think the league is mad at the riders for the whole coaching staff thing, and are going to be watching them closely.

8 hours ago, iso_55 said:

LOL! Sure like Miller would do that or Walters would be agreeable. He'd walk. Are you actually serious or just wishful thinking? 

Wishful thinking unless we could get Popp here as a head scout? ? I jest I jest all is good in Bomber land when we win and I couldn't be happier about it.

3 minutes ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Not sure why it wasn't posted here yet, but Riders place kicker Crapigna hurt in practice and is on the 6 game IR. Emergency replacement for place kicking duties Johnny Mark signed and will be playing tonight. 

http://3downnation.com/2016/08/04/riders-kicker-hurt-practice-team-adds-replacement/

Sergio Castillo for their 1st round pick!

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

To a certain extent I think the league is mad at the riders for the whole coaching staff thing, and are going to be watching them closely.

Disagree. I think every team follows the ratio rules, i think the riders didn't and got caught. The reason why this doesn't happen more often is because 99 percent of the teams in the league follow the ratio rules. Just cuz 1 team gets caught doesn't mean other teams are doing it, all it means is the team doing it got caught. You can bet your Arse that if the bombers or stamps or argos or als or lions or cats or redblacks or esks did it, they would be caught and fined also. 

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawless was discussing the ratio issue with Herb Zurkowsky this afternoon. Both feel it should have been a greater punishment. Also Zurkowsky spoke about how "difficult" things are for those covering the team cause Jones lacks people skills.

I was thinking 15,000 is kind of a weak fine for basically saying screw you to the ratio rules. Jones knew exactly what he was doing also, he was trying to cheat.... 

a more appropriate fine would be 1. take away their draft pick (yeah i'm talking first rounder here next year) and 2. making them play their next game with 1 less DI.

That would make them think twice for sure. 

18 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Riders kicker Crapigna hurt in practice according to JDunk. Hammy injury could be moved to 6-game.

How does someone get injured during walkthrough?

This is the 2nd time this year the Riders have made changes after they announce their 46 man roster. They should have to stick to the roster they initially submitted to the league. That's why they allow for a 2 man reserve.

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

This is the 2nd time this year the Riders have made changes after they announce their 46 man roster. They should have to stick to the roster they initially submitted to the league. That's why they allow for a 2 man reserve.

uh-oh... another fine coming? ?

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Louie Sakoda was the kicker who hurt himself in warmups.  I don't remember who kicked that game.  Maybe Mike Renaud.

Renaud was brutal. He was replaced on kickoffs by a backup lb at half time.

I remember the big ovation for Smith when he came out to practice at the half and boomed one to about the 10-15 yard line.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawless was discussing the ratio issue with Herb Zurkowsky this afternoon. Both feel it should have been a greater punishment. Also Zurkowsky spoke about how "difficult" things are for those covering the team cause Jones lacks people skills.

This is codespeak for "arrogant anal aperture".

On 7/27/2016 at 5:36 PM, 17to85 said:

On 7/31/2016 at 7:53 PM, bustamente said:

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Disagree. I think every team follows the ratio rules, i think the riders didn't and got caught. The reason why this doesn't happen more often is because 99 percent of the teams in the league follow the ratio rules. Just cuz 1 team gets caught doesn't mean other teams are doing it, all it means is the team doing it got caught. You can bet your Arse that if the bombers or stamps or argos or als or lions or cats or redblacks or esks did it, they would be caught and fined also. 

I don't think Ripper is referring to the 'deployment of internationals' fine, rather he's referring to Chris Jones allegedly negotiating with Sask 2 weeks before the GC was even played, then a week after officially taking the job in Sask bringing 7 of his assistant coaches from EDM along with him. Although, according to the Edmonton journal, Hervey withheld 2 weeks pay from the assistants still employed by EDM following the GC, which spurred the exodus. I think both sides are pricks, either way...

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Although, according to the Edmonton journal, Hervey withheld 2 weeks pay from the assistants still employed by EDM following the GC, which spurred the exodus.

Hervey said it was the other way around.   The assistants were all jumping ship so he decided not to pay them.  

Either way, Jones rewarded their loyalty and paid them the money that Edmonton refused to. 

10 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I don't think Ripper is referring to the 'deployment of internationals' fine, rather he's referring to Chris Jones allegedly negotiating with Sask 2 weeks before the GC was even played, then a week after officially taking the job in Sask bringing 7 of his assistant coaches from EDM along with him. Although, according to the Edmonton journal, Hervey withheld 2 weeks pay from the assistants still employed by EDM following the GC, which spurred the exodus. I think both sides are pricks, either way...

Something about that colour Green :)

14 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Duncan O'Mahoney sees your injury in walkthrough, raises a broken toe in the middle of the night.