Bombers Sign Macho Harris and DL Sheyon Green

Jpan85

25 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Macho Harris goes on the list of inspired Walter's scrap-heap pickins, which include such greats as:

Korey Banks

Romby Bryant

EJ Kuale

Lin-J Shell

Chevon Walker 

He is by far the least egregious of that list. Which is pretty sad, but whatever.

I really don't understand the reference to the scouting on this issue. It probably boils down to staff, led by R.Hall mentioning something after Sask released Harris. The wheels were set in motion somewhere along the line, and we have ourselves another body in camp. This guy, like him or not, played fo Hall, is a veteran, is versatile, and seems to be a good locker room guy. (according to some tweets about welcoming him) 

I just don't see the blame being put on scouts for a roster move like this. You still need veterans.

Either that, or they were trying to bait bluto Walby. And they got him good. (Believing we signed A. Harris today)

20 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Exactly Mr. Dee this isn't a scouting move rather a coaching move. Coaches are more comfortable with vets and especially vets they know. They feel there are fewer unknowns. Sometimes it works sometimes the loyalty move bites them in the butt especially when they don't realize it is time to cut the cord.

unfortunately this is something that has been a point of frustration for many fans with Oshea. Hopefully if Macho isn't up to it, we see quick change.

I have to laugh at the idea of signing “training camp fodder” in the first days of February, one week before free agency starts.

I also have to laugh at the idea that signing someone for the sole purpose of being “training camp fodder” is acceptable.

The Roughriders had the worst defence in the league last year and Harris had a role to play in achieving that distinction.

Needless to say, I am not a fan of this signing.

41 minutes ago, Dascow said:

I have to laugh at the idea of signing “training camp fodder” in the first days of February, one week before free agency starts.

I also have to laugh at the idea that signing someone for the sole purpose of being “training camp fodder” is acceptable.

The Roughriders had the worst defence in the league last year and Harris had a role to play in achieving that distinction.

Needless to say, I am not a fan of this signing.

Agreed, especially when they start to chop prospects to make room on the roster for new signings as TC approaches which they do every year.

I was in Costco yesterday and ran into some people in line who were Rider fans (came up as we were chatting).  They were cheesed that we've signed all of their players and I was cheesed that we had signed all of their players.  So it was a mutual cheesing.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

I also have to laugh but for a different reason. I'm laughing cuz all the talk here seems to be about singing Macho Harris but ignoring the fact that they signed a pretty damn impressive sounding defensive end who they have wanted for a while. I think when it gets down to crunch time, nobody is gonna be talking about Harris and people will hopefully be talking about Green, I think this Green guy has a ton of potential to be a very good player for us. 

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I also have to laugh but for a different reason. I'm laughing cuz all the talk here seems to be about singing Macho Harris but ignoring the fact that they signed a pretty damn impressive sounding defensive end who they have wanted for a while. I think when it gets down to crunch time, nobody is gonna be talking about Harris and people will hopefully be talking about Green, I think this Green guy has a ton of potential to be a very good player for us. 

prospects are just prospects until they actually play in the CFL and they're not worth getting excited about. There's a list of good sounding players brought up here that never transitioned as long as my arm, but for CFL vets we already know what to expect from them. So why would we waste time speculating on a guy who may or may not become anything significant? 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

prospects are just prospects until they actually play in the CFL and they're not worth getting excited about. There's a list of good sounding players brought up here that never transitioned as long as my arm, but for CFL vets we already know what to expect from them. So why would we waste time speculating on a guy who may or may not become anything significant? 

These will probably be the only posts I ever make regarding Sheyon Green.

1.  "Who's Sheyon Green?"

2.  "Whatever happened to Sheyon Green?"

3.  "Why is Sheyon Green playing for the Riders now?"

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I agree to a certain degree but I am very excited to see Knox at MLB... I have a real good feeling about him and I'm usually very cautious with my expectations