Bombers Sign Macho Harris and DL Sheyon Green

Jpan85

I'm surprised the Bombers seem to be signing a lot of ex-rider players, coaches too.  Seems weird. However I will really enjoy reading the post here from the people who laughed at us all year last year and said our team was terrible. Some said there wasn't a single player on our roster you would want in Winnipeg.  For the record, I always liked Macho. He has some good games. He is a terrible tackler and sometimes gives up some big gains because of it.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I'm surprised the Bombers seem to be signing a lot of ex-rider players, coaches too.  Seems weird. However I will really enjoy reading the post here from the people who laughed at us all year last year and said our team was terrible. Some said there wasn't a single player on our roster you would want in Winnipeg.  For the record, I always liked Macho. He has some good games. He is a terrible tackler and sometimes gives up some big gains because of it.

Agree Ripper. But  I'm not too excited about Macho Harris - anyone who played on that defense last year you have at least question.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Your team was terrible. 

I don't get this "we seem to be signing a lot of ex-Rider players and coaches" nonsense.

Like who? Dressler and some training camp fodder? Not that it really matters, because EVERY team has players with connections to every other team on it, but the Riders have brought in more ex-Bombers than vice versa since Chris Jones took over. Dan West, Markus Howell, Jordan Reaves, we gave Marte Sears a look too, heck I'll even claim Shawn Lemon on that list.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't remember Harris being very good last year. His attempted decapitation of Cotton is the play that sticks out in my mind. Missed a kill shot and gave up an extra 20 or so yards.

One thing about Macho is from time to time he does lay out some big hits

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Your team was terrible. 

Hey.  I know we were terrible that's why the axe came for many of these players.  I wasn't defending our team from last year, I'm still in rehab trying to erase the memories. LOL   I am surprised Harris would be signed ahead of some others that are available.

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We might end up looking stupid if he ends up playing lights out, however I wasn't a fan of his  missed tackles, and quite honestly, aside from his one multi Interception game, he was invisible.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't get this "we seem to be signing a lot of ex-Rider players and coaches" nonsense.

Like who? Dressler and some training camp fodder? Not that it really matters, because EVERY team has players with connections to every other team on it, but the Riders have brought in more ex-Bombers than vice versa since Chris Jones took over. Dan West, Markus Howell, Jordan Reaves, we gave Marte Sears a look too, heck I'll even claim Shawn Lemon on that list.

West was just re-signed, he was here last year. Sears and Reaves are starters? who is to say they aren't training camp fodder.  Cobourne, Hall, Lapolice, Howard, Wylie, and Miles are all former rider coaches.  Lemon was with the riders also before when he was bouncing around.  Bastien, Cronk, Dressler, Harris, Hurl,, Neufeld, Newman, Rempel, Stoudemire, and Drew Willy. And that is just on your current   roster as of today. It doesn't matter much to me but there is a lot of Green on your roster.  Likely we are going to see a lot of red on ours this year and some green and gold too.