LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

Don't like it at all. Despite the struggles I was at 4 Bomber road games this year. I was planning at least 3 next year. That plan is now at 0. This just feels like they aren't trying, and if they aren't trying, I'm not spending money. With that said, I hope I'm wrong and we have a legitimate offense next year, but I'm not expecting it.

So who do you think they should hire?

I do wonder what fans would be saying a month from now, what with there being several OC openings, if we didn't get the most experienced OC guy out there, and we had to scramble?

Hey, they had LaPo signing the contract at LaPo's house, so that means they went hard and fast after the man.

gary lawless

gary lawless – Verified account ‏@garylawless

O'Shea told me a while back he wasn't scared to hire a HC in waiting as OC. Thinking was hire best guy and win, keep job @Wpg_BlueBombers

4:38 PM - 7 Dec 2015

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

I'm not an I told you so guy--BUT--been telling you on 680cjob for weeks that a vastly more experienced lapolice would be bombers OC.

some of these posts are laughable.

He was the most qualified and experienced guy available. The rest were/are unknowns and lacking experience.

Heck..let's give Maas a few more consecutive years of success to say we say he is so great. He came out of know where and truth be told was reaping the rewards of all the guys on his squad having career years together and the fact had zero injuries all year long to affect his offence.

And when it came down to it in the playoffs they got pretty much shut down and he had no answers.

Lapo has had years now since he was a sole OC and you can be assured he has progressed and learned and knows what didn't work and what does. He has spent the better part of two years now dissecting and analyzing defenses and how offences should attack, and what offensives shouldn't do based on looks. He has come a long way and it is noticeable from what he is saying.

He is going to build a very competent attacking offence and the naysayers will be put to rest. He is the best available option and we got aggressive and grabbed him. Well done if you ask me 

I think my biggest issue with this hire is that the upside is essentially nil. A guy his age doesn't change drastically enough to suddenly become a playcalling wizard.

The thing that makes me even sadder is there is all this young coaching talent around the league, (Steinhauer, Maas, Jackson, Brady, Dickenson etc) and I honestly can't remember the last time the Bombers had an innovative young coach that other teams wanted to poach. Was it Creehan? Yuck.

I think my biggest issue with this hire is that the upside is essentially nil. A guy his age doesn't change drastically enough to suddenly become a playcalling wizard.

The thing that makes me even sadder is there is all this young coaching talent around the league, (Steinhauer, Maas, Jackson, Brady, Dickenson etc) and I honestly can't remember the last time the Bombers had an innovative young coach that other team's wanted to poach. Was it Creehan? Yuck.

I'm still kinda hopeful Buck might be that guy one day...

The thing that makes me even sadder is there is all this young coaching talent around the league, (Steinhauer, Maas, Jackson, Brady, Dickenson etc) and I honestly can't remember the last time the Bombers had an innovative young coach that other team's wanted to poach. Was it Creehan? Yuck.

I'm still kinda hopeful Buck might be that guy one day...

I figure maybe Howell rather Buck.