LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

It was Lapo's offence but it did not have his undivided attention....and no, he wasn't calling plays. The whole reason be fired Barresi was for the epically poor playcalling he did in the first half of the Grey Cup. He was then forced to hand over control of the offence to Crowton by Mack.

Lapolice the HC did not turn out great, but the last time he was a coordinator he led his team to back to back Grey Cup appearances. He is an extremely solid pick for OC. Only in Winnipeg, we tend to dump on guys instead of looking at the facts. He will do a great job.

I am so relieved we didn't go with Jackie Chaps or Cortex.

Just an FYI, Lapo did not have any back to back Grey Cup appearances.  He was in the GC in 2007 as a RC for SK, then in 2009 as OC with SK, and last in 2011 as HC with Bombers.

At the same time though, LaPolice is tethered to O’Shea, because if O’Shea gets fired, the new HC is going to want to choose his own staff. Which is why signing LoPolice to a 2 year deal is a somewhat curious.

Have you not been paying attention to how the BB operate? If MOS gets fired, Lapo IS the new HC.

At the gut level, I don't like this hire. He's been here, done that twice. I don't want a rookie OC, as I don't think that would support MOS enough, but I also didn't want the next, easy HC, which Lapo might be.

I get that there is not a lot of choices out there. This may have been the best guy available. Just can't get excited for the hire and think we will have another meehh year.

Who do you like better as an interim HC, Hall or Lapo? I find it amusing that people never even so much as mentioned that Hall may be a HC in waiting when he signed with us last year, but when we hire Lapo there is some sinister plot to move him up to HC first chance we get.

Fact of the matter, all conspiracy theories aside, is that we have a much improved OC that also has HCing experience and can no doubt offer some great insight to O'Shea.

O'Shea/Hall/Lapolice is light years better than O'Shea/Etch/Bellfool

This is a good oc hire with the most experience going forward...Paul has been around the block a few times and as 'just' the offensive co-ordinator is a positive...I'm sure he'll have a few wise words for Mike O during the season and should be a big help on the sidelines..I hope we're getting the Paul LaPolice that was the offensive co-ordinator of the riders Cup run (thirteenth man and not his fault) that schemed their successful offence that year...Jury's out, but I think Paul is a very capable coach that will finally lead this club out of the losing crap of the last few years...

Who do you like better as an interim HC, Hall or Lapo? I find it amusing that people never even so much as mentioned that Hall may be a HC in waiting when he signed with us last year, but when we hire Lapo there is some sinister plot to move him up to HC first chance we get.

Fact of the matter, all conspiracy theories aside, is that we have a much improved OC that also has HCing experience and can no doubt offer some great insight to O'Shea.

Ritchie Hall isn't mean enough to be a head coach. Much like Bob Dyce, a good football man and co-ordinator, a team player. Lapo's first stint in the Peg was no different, not mean enough and didn't have upper management support. However now I believe lapo is ready to coach and the bombers have cleaned up front office and he will get that support. For the record I had zero problem with Lapo coming in here to coach the riders.

some of these posts are laughable.

He was the most qualified and experienced guy available. The rest were/are unknowns and lacking experience.

Heck..let's give Maas a few more consecutive years of success to say we say he is so great. He came out of know where and truth be told was reaping the rewards of all the guys on his squad having career years together and the fact had zero injuries all year long to affect his offence.

And when it came down to it in the playoffs they got pretty much shut down and he had no answers.

Lapo has had years now since he was a sole OC and you can be assured he has progressed and learned and knows what didn't work and what does. He has spent the better part of two years now dissecting and analyzing defenses and how offences should attack, and what offensives shouldn't do based on looks. He has come a long way and it is noticeable from what he is saying.

He is going to build a very competent attacking offence and the naysayers will be put to rest. He is the best available option and we got aggressive and grabbed him. Well done if you ask me 

Yeah, we'll see about that.  I really hope he does well because if he doesn't it will be another miserable season.  I have zero expectations for next year.  This way I won't be pissed off after the 12 losses we have next season.

O'Shea/Hall/Lapolice is light years better than O'Shea/Etch/Bellfool

I'm hoping when we do move to a new HC, we don't go with another HC that doesn't know how to run an offense. I don't think this city can take another DC or ST move to HC. In that way, Lapo is the better move to HC. Still don't want to see it but it does answer part of why Lapo got a 2 yr deal (plus that is what it took to get him away from TSN).

Yes we are better with Lapo then MB. I don't think there is one poster here questioning that. And Hall is better than Etch. I just am not convinced Lapo is good enough.

Here is a pic of the press conference.   Notice the color of the shirts that Lapo and O'Shea are wearing?

thought it over, I'm happy about this.

No reason not to be happy about it.

I think he can really help O'Shea.

now I have hope that the team will not stink next season.

thought I noticed he didn't mention Picard, when talking about who he liked on the O line. much praise for Chung.

press conference...Paul sounds stressed already lol.

probably going to  put in a twelve hour day today. :)

It's a cop out hire. Mistaking the most experienced candidate for the best candidate. Fact is Lapo is a ***** and we're in for another year of overly conservative play calling. That's why we fired him as a head coach too. He never took a chance. And as an OC back in 03 here he was the man who brilliantly thought that Marcus Howell could replace Arland Bruce in the offense.