LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

He was the OC of the best offence this team has had in its entire 80+ history

Not too hard when you have Charles Roberts and Milt Stegall in their primes. He was still getting chewed out by Milt and Khari Jones a number of times on the sidelines in his first go around as OC here which I remember quite vividly as my season tickets at the old stadium were behind the Bomber bench.

I'd like to know, right now, what Willy is thinking, not what he's expected to say..but what he's really thinking.

****edit

Well here's one half of the equation..

Drew Willy ‏@Drew_Willy

Really looking forward to working with Coach LaPolice next season!#believeinblue

:P While I'm not doing cartwheels over the choice.  Who else was really available?   Maas was already out of the running as the RB's denied access.   Khari Jones didn't necessarily succeed during his time as OC.    Sure we could have gone after a complete newbie but isn't that what many of you have lambasted the team for doing in the past.   

So I guess I have to accept it and hope that 3rd times the charm.  :P  :P :P  :P  :P  

:P While I'm not doing cartwheels over the choice.  Who else was really available?   Maas was already out of the running as the RB's denied access.   Khari Jones didn't necessarily succeed during his time as OC.    Sure we could have gone after a complete newbie but isn't that what many of you have lambasted the team for doing in the past.   

So I guess I have to accept it and hope that 3rd times the charm.  :P  :P :P  :P  :P  

True and in my opinion this is starting to be an issue for the league. I believe it was Madani who tweeted something along those lines either yesterday or earlier today that there is a lack of blue chip coaching prospects out there at the moment league wide. One could make the argument that in some regards the team didn't have a lot to choose from, but at the same time it doesn't make me feel any better about this hire as we've seen the end of this movie twice already...

I have no confidence that Lapo can put together a quality offense without Milt Stegall, Charles Roberts, Mike Sellers, Arland Bruce, etc.....

And yet he had the second highest scoring offence in the CFL while in Saskatchewan .. also helped Durant to a Western all star nod in his rookie year.

Not endorsing the hire, just refuting a point.

Don't like it at all. Despite the struggles I was at 4 Bomber road games this year. I was planning at least 3 next year. That plan is now at 0. This just feels like they aren't trying, and if they aren't trying, I'm not spending money. With that said, I hope I'm wrong and we have a legitimate offense next year, but I'm not expecting it.

I have no confidence that Lapo can put together a quality offense without Milt Stegall, Charles Roberts, Mike Sellers, Arland Bruce, etc.....

And yet he had the second highest scoring offence in the CFL while in Saskatchewan .. also helped Durant to a Western all star nod in his rookie year.

Not endorsing the hire, just refuting a point.

Also had Ken Miller involved in his decision-making, one of the more aggressive offensive coaches of the era.

Lapolice is a genius.  I don't think his decision-making is ever aggressive enough to make him a great play caller.