Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

New Jersey to support the new management. I rarely ever miss a game but didn't spend a dollar at the store last year. I know others that do the same. Big part of rider financials is the merchandise sales. Message was received loud and clear I think. Mrs. ripper wasn't Dressler fan, she is generally sporting her Wes Cates jersey. I've bought her others but she sticks with her favorite player even though he has retired. I know she likes Rob Bagg so I guess its two birds with one stone. I'm the one that needs one now because my Chick jersey is old news.

I've never heard of anyone buying merch because a team had new management. Interesting position.

27 minutes ago, holoman said:

Maybe the wording was wrong, but that's not different here.  As a fan, the best way to force change if you're not satisfied is to vote with your wallet.  Not buying merchandise or tickets.

Idk. I do think it's different here. I mean look how long we have gone without a cup and even a playoff appearance. And yet you still find many buying tickets and merch. I think what Noeller was alluding too was we have a lot more fans who will buy tickets and merch  no matter how bad they are as opposed to throwing in the towel half way through a season and pout when not winning. 

I might start buying merch again this year. It has nothing to do with management. It's the first year in a few that I might be able to wear some of it. The bombers don't really sell fat guy sizing. Down 100lbs this CFL off season (technically 98.5 as of this morning, but i'm going with 100), I may be able to get into some bomber gear again. (the secret is bacon, i have spent 0 time in the gym)

4 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

I might start buying merch again this year. It has nothing to do with management. It's the first year in a few that I might be able to wear some of it. The bombers don't really sell fat guy sizing. Down 100lbs this CFL off season (technically 98.5 as of this morning, but i'm going with 100), I may be able to get into some bomber gear again. (the secret is bacon, i have spent 0 time in the gym)

Congrats !

20 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

seriously dude...that's incredible. I'm jealous!

4 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

That has to be the best diet I've ever heard of!   How much bacon do you have to eat to lose weight?  **** Jenny Craig!!!

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

4 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Congrats to you.  It's hard work, I know.  My last jersey was a (very tight) 4X, I was in there today and found that a 2X now fits comfortably.  I didn't know about the magic of bacon though so I went with old fashioned walking (and surgery)

13 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Oh yeah, you definitely round that up!... congratulations

14 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Hey, good job. Even your nickname looks thinner..

14 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Idk. I do think it's different here. I mean look how long we have gone without a cup and even a playoff appearance. And yet you still find many buying tickets and merch. I think what Noeller was alluding too was we have a lot more fans who will buy tickets and merch  no matter how bad they are as opposed to throwing in the towel half way through a season and pout when not winning. 

Our ticket revenues went up and the stadium was still sold out on season tickets at 80% as it is again this year. There is a waiting list for season tickets. First and foremost it is critical that the team endures and is around,  so not buying tickets is a very bad idea. My motto is buy the ticket and either not go or give them away. Personally I always go but know others who deliberately leave their seats sit empty to send a message. I'm sure the Bombers have sold a lot of Dressler jerseys. Part of that is excitement that he is here, but IMHO more importantly its the fans endorsing management for making a good move for the team. A drop in merchandise sales and concessions at the stadium is a good way for the fans to express angst as to how team is being run.

13 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That has to be the best diet I've ever heard of!   How much bacon do you have to eat to lose weight?  **** Jenny Craig!!!

I traded in carbs for steak bacon and cheese, and a bit of pork and chicken. If  I want a snack, no more chips, cook a couple pieces of bacon. 

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Part of that is excitement that he is here, but IMHO more importantly its the fans endorsing management for making a good move for the team

Or it's people who just want to wear a Dressler jersey to a Bombers game against Sask hoping he has a monster game in a Bombers blowout victory. 

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

Or it's people who just want to wear a Dressler jersey to a Bombers game against Sask hoping he has a monster game in a Bombers blowout victory. 

Could be that, but hopefully it doesn't happen

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

watching Pederson and the rest of the Rider "media" try to spin it as a positive will be even more delightful.

wonder what jones is gonna do for work next. You know durant can do no wrong in dirty old regina.

Edited by wbbfan

I guess Brandon Banks wasn't staying away from camp for strictly family reasons....unless it's "my family needs more money!"

Drew Edwards ✔ @scratchingpost

#Ticats have agreed to a new contract with @speedybanks87. No details available yet. #CFL

2:10 PM - 9 Jun 2016

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne