Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

If those Rider fans just showed a bit of skepticism and waited for things to evolve with the new Jones/Murphy regime instead of banging both of them on the first date they wouldnt look so damn silly the past few months

You wouldn't be Bangin' on the first date if you had the chance??  Ok then... 

3 hours ago, LeBird said:

Jones should remember you can always deal with the devil and beat him if you let him believe he won. You hit the nail on the head when you said:"The riders are trying to push it over the top to get a rookie salary cap implemented". If Jones believed he was so powerful he could govern the league this fiasco should bring him back to reality but i am sure it won't. With an ego the size of Texas you have to feel sorry for the players  should they falter at the start. Dear God, Thank you for today and thank you for putting Mike  here and Jones  there. Amen.

This whole episode is a just reminder that Chris Jones has the persona of an ***hole and is quite happy to portray it in public.  Remember last season when he thought it unnecessary to shake hands with the opposing HC?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I don't think anyone looks good in this mess. Hardaway for sure looks awful. So do the Riders and Jones. St John might make out of this a little better but if the other was fair and comparable to other first rounders, I don't see how he will be welcomed to any other team if the price remains so high.

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I get that you guys enjoy taking shots at the Riders and all that. Murphy said the 2 offers they made to St John were the highest offers made to a draft pick this year, so we can drop the lowball boo hoo crap can't we?  Obviously the kid wants either more money or not to play in Saskatchewan. Disrespected??  Likely they wanted a lot so we offered nothing. Obviously higher offers have been tabled since then. Hardaway definitely wants future draftee's to call him to get them bigger money. That is the agenda here. I'm sure Hardaway doesn't even care if the kid ever plays, he is trying to prove a point.

How to impress your opponent regardless of the fact he's a real jerk.

jerk vs ego = I want a trade.

3 minutes ago, LeBird said:

How to impress your opponent regardless of the fact he's a real jerk.

jerk vs ego = I want a trade.

I actually not even really mad about this. Jones/ murphy f'd up by drafting him at all. Is it the end of the world? no. Does our season hang in the balance? absolutely not. I believe this was our 4th or 5th 1st overall selection in our history, would have been nice to have done better.  I'd let him sit and move on unless a first round pick is offered via trade. Any team in league would be foolish to make that offer.

#AlsMTL' centre @dominicpicard has announced his retirement. #CFL #LCF via @HerbZurkowsky1

I thought this was interesting, because Picard was saying that last year's poor play was about the Bombers and not his declining skills. A quick retirement would tend to suggest otherwise. At any rate, thanks for some great years as a Bombers player....congrats on retirement, Angry Frenchman...

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

#AlsMTL' centre @dominicpicard has announced his retirement. #CFL #LCF via @HerbZurkowsky1

I thought this was interesting, because Picard was saying that last year's poor play was about the Bombers and not his declining skills. A quick retirement would tend to suggest otherwise. At any rate, thanks for some great years as a Bombers player....congrats on retirement, Angry Frenchman...

When it comes to pro athletes, nobodies poor play is about them ;)

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Uhm, nope. 

John Murphy is a Butterface and Jones doesn't seem like the type to respect you in the morning. But hey, if you want to- I am not gonna judge.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

After wasting all your fan love on the previous regime only to be heartbroken again one would think you'd take things slow with a new romance instead of jumping into bed right away.

Edited by Zontar

18 minutes ago, Zontar said:

After wasting all your fan love on the previous regime only to be heartbroken again one would think you'd take things slow with a new romance instead of jumping into bed right away.

Fans cheer for whomever is playing at the current time. Might seem foreign to you but that's how it works. Fans actually would like to see the team do well and win. Same goes for coaches and management. I never defended Taman when I thought he was wrong, and I won't defend Jones either, but I will support them because I want to see us win. I'm sure the Bomber fans are hoping MOS turns the corner and the team does well. There are always fans that get excited before they should, happens everywhere. Don't spend too much of your time worrying about us hillbillies. You should likely focus on what your team needs to do to actually Win the grey cup. You eastern teams only get to hide so long, and then sooner or later you need to beat a western team to win the cup. You claim to hate the riders and their fans, but the fate of your team is in the hands of two ex riders. I guess the Cats figured maybe they couldn't do it on their own and needed some hillbilly help.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Soooooooooooooo.... any news from any other camps other then rider villa and Picards retirement?? Lol

Haven't heard too much but the Ti-Cats had a full-out brawl the other day that even saw a couple QB's getting involved.  Edmonton had 2 scraps in one day involving the same rookie DE..  he took on Deon Lacey in the 1st fight then got squashed by Donny O.

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Fans cheer for whomever is playing at the current time. Might seem foreign to you but that's how it works. Fans actually would like to see the team do well and win. Same goes for coaches and management. I never defended Taman when I thought he was wrong, and I won't defend Jones either, but I will support them because I want to see us win. I'm sure the Bomber fans are hoping MOS turns the corner and the team does well. There are always fans that get excited before they should, happens everywhere. Don't spend too much of your time worrying about us hillbillies. You should likely focus on what your team needs to do to actually Win the grey cup. You eastern teams only get to hide so long, and then sooner or later you need to beat a western team to win the cup. You claim to hate the riders and their fans, but the fate of your team is in the hands of two ex riders. I guess the Cats figured maybe they couldn't do it on their own and needed some hillbilly help.

To be fair, you may be capable of this kind of behavior but it's quite obvious that a lot of fans are not.