Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

11 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

The Riders were a whopping 11 games over .500 in that "decade."  I would hardly call that dominance...but I guess for the Riders it would be given their history.

I looked at the entry on his blog and he didn't say anything about dominance. Did you misread "decadence" as "dominance"?

And Rod seems to have edited the entry because the years are included anymore.

18 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

I'd be skeptical that the average fan cares too much about who the GM is. Every fan cares about winning/losing, the minority, such as the types who go on forums, care about other the behind the scenes stuff.  If merch is down significantly, I'd be surprised if that many people didn't buy merch because of who the GM is.

The average fan maybe, but we have a very large number that are not average fans. Our ticket revenues were up last year and season tickets are sold out and are again this year at 80%. Merch sales went up as soon as Jones was announced as GM. So if the riders struggle this year and merchandise sales are high, what will you say then. Just bought a new jersey yesterday myself for mrs ripper. Couldn't go wrong with number 6.

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The average fan maybe, but we have a very large number that are not average fans. Our ticket revenues were up last year and season tickets are sold out and are again this year at 80%. Merch sales went up as soon as Jones was announced as GM. So if the riders struggle this year and merchandise sales are high, what will you say then. Just bought a new jersey yesterday myself for mrs ripper. Couldn't go wrong with number 6.

on a completely unrelated note, your new avatar is awesome. Please tell me that's your dog and that you have more photos you'd be willing to share...

EDIT - Nevermind just found the photo online.

Edited by Bigblue204

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

So did you buy a new jersey because Taman is gone, because there are new jerseys, or because she can't wear her Dressler jersey to games anymore ;)

I would expect most teams merch revenue to be up this year with the new jerseys

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

on a completely unrelated note, your new avatar is awesome. Please tell me that's your dog and that you have more photos you'd be willing to share...

That dog is a Cane Corso. They are very dangerous and I would never consider owning one. One look from that dog would strike fear to any intruder I would think LOL.  A guy would sleep like a baby even in the most dangerous neighborhoods with that dog sleeping at the foot of the bed.  I just thought it was a cool picture

6 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

So did you buy a new jersey because Taman is gone, because there are new jerseys, or because she can't wear her Dressler jersey to games anymore ;)

I would expect most teams merch revenue to be up this year with the new jerseys

New Jersey to support the new management. I rarely ever miss a game but didn't spend a dollar at the store last year. I know others that do the same. Big part of rider financials is the merchandise sales. Message was received loud and clear I think. Mrs. ripper wasn't Dressler fan, she is generally sporting her Wes Cates jersey. I've bought her others but she sticks with her favorite player even though he has retired. I know she likes Rob Bagg so I guess its two birds with one stone. I'm the one that needs one now because my Chick jersey is old news.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That dog is a Cane Corso. They are very dangerous and I would never consider owning one. One look from that dog would strike fear to any intruder I would think LOL.  A guy would sleep like a baby even in the most dangerous neighborhoods with that dog sleeping at the foot of the bed.  I just thought it was a cool picture

Yeah I knew the type. And I'd love to own one. But I also have experience correcting/training dogs. AAAAAANNNNYWAAAYYYY....Back to the topic at hand.......

Riders suck.

38 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

LOL we are very aware how far below average Sask fans are

Tell yourself what ever you need to so you can feel pretty. Facts are facts. Look at the membership of riderfans. Casual fans?  Ya ok then.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Tell yourself what ever you need to so you can feel pretty. Facts are facts. Look at the membership of riderfans. Casual fans?  Ya ok then.

Lol. Look at the quality of posts there, they make the comment section of CBC look like a mensa gathering in comparison.

I go to riderfans when I want a laugh. The odd insightful comment posted by the knowledgeable fans who do post there are just a bonus.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

lol @ using "the membership at Riderfans.com" as an argument in favour of knowledgeable Riders fans.....

I said we have a large number that are not average fans. When did I say our fans are more knowledgeable than anyone else's are?

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

As much as people b*tch about some of the shoddy work done at IGF, we haven't had anything like this happen.  Thankfully it happened when the stadium was empty...

The Manitoba & Ontario govts rushed thru both stadiums trying to cut costs everywhere along with unrealistic construction schedules. Hopefully there's an inquiry into what happened at IGF.