Dominique Davis Named Starting QB vs Argos

Noeller

...I know everyone would rather scream and yell and mope and, generally, be negative about the state of the franchise right now, but there is still a game to be played. 

Here's hoping that the new kid shows some promise and gives us something to look forward to going into next year...

Developing your own quarterback is the most over rated thing in the CFL.

I went back to looked at all grey cup winners since the last time the Bombers won the Grey Cup and you know what only 5 of those QBs were home grown.

Jeff Garcia

Ricky Ray

Travis Lulay

Darian Durant

Bo Levi Mitchell

There is one astrik to this is Damon Allen won with Edm but had left and returned.

Those QB account for only 6 Grey Cup wins.

6 of 25 that's it.

This a great chance for Davis to show something to warrant more attention going forward. He won't be under the "normal" pressure associated with having to win, other than for winning's sake.

Well, other than thousands of pairs of eyes from long-suffering-QB-envious-praying-for-the-next-guy Bomber fans that is.

This will also, hopefully, help to answer how hard we pursue Nichols in the off season. Of course, we still should give Nichols an offer...for backup, but this could help determine a more defined offer.

So to our own DD, just go out there...have fun...and impress the hell out of us will ya? That's not too much to ask, is it?

I went back to looked at all grey cup winners since the last time the Bombers won the Grey Cup and you know what only 5 of those QBs were home grown.

Jeff Garcia

Ricky Ray

Travis Lulay

Darian Durant

Bo Levi Mitchell

There is one astrik to this is Damon Allen won with Edm but had left and returned.

Those QB account for only 7 Grey Cup wins.

6 of 25 that's it.

It may be overrated a bit but if you are always counting on the other teams to develop the talent then that is one less team contributing to the talent pool. that is a recipe for what we have now and that is a serious shortage of top flight QBs.

It may be overrated a bit but if you are always counting on the other teams to develop the talent then that is one less team contributing to the talent pool. that is a recipe for what we have now and that is a serious shortage of top flight QBs.

I guess the other side to this is which QB's did the Bombers develop over the last 25 years went on to start (aside from injuries) for another team?

Jeff Garcia

Ricky Ray

Travis Lulay

Darian Durant

Bo Levi Mitchell

Those QB account for only 7 Grey Cup wins.

6 of 25 that's it.

I think what I am trying to say is you find them any way you can

If you break it down

Edmonton

Dunigan

Allen

Ham

Crandell

Ray

Calgary

Garcia

Dickenson

Mitchell

Burris

BC

Flutie

Lulay

Saskatchewan

Durant

Winnipeg

McManus

Ottawa

Joseph

Las Vegas

Calvillo

Burris started in Regina didn't he?

Nope.

Calgary from 97-99 before moving to Regina.

...I know everyone would rather scream and yell and mope and, generally, be negative about the state of the franchise right now, but there is still a game to be played.

Here's hoping that the new kid shows some promise and gives us something to look forward to going into next year...

Uh how bad do we have to be before we get permission to be negative?Less than 5 wins?Just curious.

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here  have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...