Bombers vs RedBlacks (and Jovon's chirp)

Westy Sucks

I still have a hard time accepting that the Red Blacks are so much better than last year, and have come so far in one season, and just completely blown past us. Especially with Marcel as their GM. Am I just on crazy pills here or are the Redblacks actually that good?

My simple two minutes before I have to run to a meeting post:

Their defense was solid last season as well .. that side of the ball has played well under Nelson .. this offseason, they made a significant splash by acquiring a number of solid receivers .. drops, by and large last year, killed that team offensively .. I also think that, after the rough start to the season, Burris is playing remarkably well.  He's managed to stay healthy and they are taking advantage of teams who have seen their starting pivot go down.

That said, do I think they are a much better team than the Bombers?  No.  Not at all.  I think we are held back by lackluster line play and a coordinator whose game plans are more often miss than hit.

No reason that the Bombers shouldn't beat Ottawa tonight. Burris can win the game all by himself if given enough time to plant his feet and look downfield, so getting pressure on him, particularly in the first half. The Bomber defence and offense have to get untracked early in the game. If they wait until halftime to adjust to Burris and Co., the RedBlacks could so far ahead that the sluggish offense will have no hope of catching them.

Bombers have to keep it a low-scoring game.