Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd

Jpan85

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is yet another American QB trying to make it up here. Never heard of the guy and until I see him produce consistently up here, it doesn't mean much...

This is exactly what I'm getting at. We've seen tons of highly touted built for the CFL qbs come up here and flame out. Until he proves himself he's just another prospect qb. 

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is yet another American QB trying to make it up here. Never heard of the guy and until I see him produce consistently up here, it doesn't mean much...

You're not wrong, but liken it to the idea of a Petan level prospect after dealing with a bunch of Eric O'Dells.

Is he as good as Tee Martin?

I dont think any one can be THAT good. This guy has some legit tools. Tee was strong and could run hard, and had a gun for an arm. But he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, never understood the 3 downs thing, and was the ultimate systems guy in tenn. The hype imop was not warranted.

I can see why this guy didnt last long in the nfl. That throwing motion is real interesting. Some times he drops it down as low as side arm some times gets as high as 3/4. But my god does he get the ball out of his hands in a hurry. Great release. Doesnt have that rocket laser arm but his zip is very impressive. Doesnt have break away speed but great scramble and option speed. Plays a lot of shot gun which is good, and is used to many multi faceted offensive targets which is also good. The big thing is as allways, how does he adapt to the canadian game. 

If he picks up the motion and urgency quickly he could be a real star. 

Allways like to see us picking up development QBs with huge up side. will make for some interesting practises and TC.

Is he as good as Tee Martin?

Better.  He's Kliff Kingsburyesque.

Id say his bust potential would be brad banks. the typical NFL knocks on a qb with the cfl tool set. Never figured it out though.

As for not having had a developmental qb, id say marve has been that. He hasnt quickly blossomed into what we would hope, but qbs arent often quick to develop in the cfl. If he can stay healthy and is reasonably priced id love to see him boyd, nichols, and willy in TC next year. That level of talent at the qb position is enough to make me drool.

This is exactly what I'm getting at. We've seen tons of highly touted built for the CFL qbs come up here and flame out. Until he proves himself he's just another prospect qb.
I swear you and Noeller are twins!

You're not wrong, but liken it to the idea of a Petan level prospect after dealing with a bunch of Eric O'Dells.

And I just wanna be clear that I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative. I hope as much as anyone that the kid turns out to be our first "in house grown" QB in forever. But.....I've seen a lotta guys line up behind centre wearing that uniform.

Two things:

• I wish our o-line gave any of our QBs the kind of protection this guy is getting.
  • Where the heck is #6 playing now?? We need to sign that guy!

Sammy Watkins is 6 and he's playing with the bills of the NFL.

Drafted 4th overall and had nearly 1000 yards as a rookie with among the worst QBing in the NFL.