Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd

Jpan85

I know this is a douchy negation opinion but it's hard earned: I'm pretty much going to assume he sucks until proven otherwise.

How is it hard earned? He wasnt scouted by us.. By your thought process.. Nichols is a garbage bag until proven otherwise because hes a bomber..

How you can just assume hes gonna suck because hes associated to us is really crazy. The kids got tons of potential. Lots of positive reasons to be even luke warm to this move..

Not to mention the most it could cost us is a 4-6 rounder..

Just to be clear, we don't actually lose a draft pick in any case.  It is a swap of draft picks.  So say the Bombers have a higher pick in the 4th round than the Ticats in 2017, the Ticats can choose to swap picks with the Bombers.  The round will be determined by the condition.

Sweet. Even better! Wonder why Austin was so eager to move him.. Didnt like hamilton or felt it was a dead end?

That article was hilarious. Yeah i'm just going to go up to Canada, be the next Warren Moon, win every game by 3 touchdowns, win the league championship and then those NFL guys will beg me to come back. Said almost every American QB ever. Anyway, wish this kid a lot of luck, but it sounds like reality is going to be a MF'er.

That article was hilarious. Yeah i'm just going to go up to Canada, be the next Warren Moon, win every game by 3 touchdowns, win the league championship and then those NFL guys will beg me to come back. Said almost every American QB ever. Anyway, wish this kid a lot of luck, but it sounds like a reality is going to be a MF'er.

It wasnt boyd that hyped it as easy and truthfully, his coach was just pumping him up.. Not sure why so much angst about what was said..

It wasnt like Boyd was saying "imma come down there, kick willy and nichols off the depth chart and dominate until the nfl comes a callin.."

That article was hilarious. Yeah i'm just going to go up to Canada, be the next Warren Moon, win every game by 3 touchdowns, win the league championship and then those NFL guys will beg me to come back. Said almost every American QB ever. Anyway, wish this kid a lot of luck, but it sounds like a reality is going to be a MF'er.

It wasnt boyd that hyped it as easy and truthfully, his coach was just pumping him up.. Not sure why so much angst about what was said..

It wasnt like Boyd was saying "imma come down there, kick willy and nichols off the depth chart and dominate until the nfl comes a callin.."

Angst? What are you talking about? Was that your word of the day on your desk calendar? You want angst i"ll give you angst..:)

I don't get the angst either. His old coach was simply telling him what he could do, not what he will do. Coaches are supposed to be motivators and telling a guy "hey, it's a pay cheque" is pretty half-assed motivation.

Angst? What are you talking about? Was that your word of the day on your desk calendar? You want angst i"ll give you angst..:)

You and didnt recall who else seemed to think the article insulted the cfl and make Boyd out to be a kid expecting to walk in and crush it..

*shrug* i didnt see that way. As for angst, thats all me my friend. I have a vast collection of useless knowledge wedged into my brain. Used to be an avid reader until the dawn of tablets n phablets. Now, ive homer simpson'd myself a tad.

That article was hilarious. Yeah i'm just going to go up to Canada, be the next Warren Moon, win every game by 3 touchdowns, win the league championship and then those NFL guys will beg me to come back. Said almost every American QB ever. Anyway, wish this kid a lot of luck, but it sounds like reality is going to be a MF'er.

I also remember a while back when TSN had some training camp stuff on around the league and this rookie receiver for the Als was running his mouth about how he was probably going to get 2000 yards... Lots of people are that right mix of arrogant and ignorant and don't appreciate how good the CFL actually is. Oh you're a good college player who had a cup of coffee in the NFL? Well guess what, most of the guys in the CFL fit that bill too. 

that agent is gonna be in for a rude awakening if he thinks it's gonna be "a week or two before Boyd appears in a game"... unless by "appears" he means "on the sideline in Bomber issued street clothes"... then it's fairly accurate... 

I know this is a douchy negation opinion but it's hard earned: I'm pretty much going to assume he sucks until proven otherwise.

How is it hard earned? He wasnt scouted by us.. By your thought process.. Nichols is a garbage bag until proven otherwise because hes a bomber..

How you can just assume hes gonna suck because hes associated to us is really crazy. The kids got tons of potential. Lots of positive reasons to be even luke warm to this move..

Not to mention the most it could cost us is a 4-6 rounder..

Where to start.

He wasn't scouted by us. Well I hope we scouted him because we traded for him. And the fact Hamilton gave him to us for nothing doesn't speak too highly for their opinion of him. We chose to bring him up here. Whether that was straight off our neg list or through a trade and bringing him up to me is semantics.

Now comes the part where we have to develop him. Which pretty much spells guaranteed doom.

He's got nothing to do with Matt Nichols. Two entIrely different situations. Trading for third stringers is one thing. Identifying quarterback talent and nurturing it is something else. And it's something the Bombers have been cursed in any attempts to do for more than a generation.

I don't get the angst either. His old coach was simply telling him what he could do, not what he will do. Coaches are supposed to be motivators and telling a guy "hey, it's a pay cheque" is pretty half-assed motivation.

Hey, works for Tim Burke and Fat Greg Marshall. 

Just to be clear, we don't actually lose a draft pick in any case.  It is a swap of draft picks.  So say the Bombers have a higher pick in the 4th round than the Ticats in 2017, the Ticats can choose to swap picks with the Bombers.  The round will be determined by the condition.

Sweet. Even better! Wonder why Austin was so eager to move him.. Didnt like hamilton or felt it was a dead end?

Eager to move him?

Not really. Tajh was eager to play in the CFL and being on Hamilton's negotiation list, they have to offer him a contract. Seen as how they have Collaros, Masoli and Mathews ... not really much room for him, so instead of losing him for nothing, they knew he was highly regarded enough that they could get something for him.

that agent is gonna be in for a rude awakening if he thinks it's gonna be "a week or two before Boyd appears in a game"... unless by "appears" he means "on the sideline in Bomber issued street clothes"... then it's fairly accurate... 

Was thinking the same thing.  He's assuming a lot there.

Eager to move him?

Not really. Tajh was eager to play in the CFL and being on Hamilton's negotiation list, they have to offer him a contract. Seen as how they have Collaros, Masoli and Mathews ... not really much room for him, so instead of losing him for nothing, they knew he was highly regarded enough that they could get something for him.

Since I have SEEN this a couple times now, I'm obligated to point out "Seeing As How".....

Eager to move him?

Since I have SEEN this a couple times now, I'm obligated to point out "Seeing As How".....

Haha I noticed that a bunch of times also and it was driving me crazy.... don't want to be the grammar police (otherwise that's pretty much all I'd be doing here)... thanks for taking one for the team...

Eager to move him?

Everytime I have seen Massoli play he didn't look good at all.

My only concern with this kid is his "I'm just here for a cup of coffee until I can get back to the big show" vibe. Of course that might just be his agent talking but in any case, I'm thinking that if he or his agent believes that he's going to just walk in and begin to dominate, well, then there's another US based agent/player who's about to get a rude awakening when it comes to the skill level in the CFL.

I'm still baffled by how so called knowledgeable US football people can be so completely ignorant when it comes to this league, especially when more and more CFL'ers move successfully to the NFL and how many "can't miss" US college prospects wash out here.

Does young Mr. Boyd have what it takes?  As confident as he sounds, and as excited as some here seem to be by this signing, I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude on whether or not we are seeing the second coming of Warren Moon, because the odds are... we ain't