Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd

Jpan85

I think it is because it is right in front of them. That is why I think with the world in every kids' hands now (internet on phones If I wasn't clear) the NFL isn't as far off as it was when I was a 15 year old putting on the pads. 

It seems to me that more and more CIS kids get a look by the NFL even if only few stick. I think I saw the number was 9. I am saddened to think that CFL will be come afterthought in a few years, it it isn't already.

I think it is because it is right in front of them. That is why I think with the world in every kids' hands now (internet on phones If I wasn't clear) the NFL isn't as far off as it was when I was a 15 year old putting on the pads. 

It seems to me that more and more CIS kids get a look by the NFL even if only few stick. I think I saw the number was 9. I am saddened to think that CFL will be come afterthought in a few years, it it isn't already.

CFL is still a legitimate means of earning a living. There are even players today that will be revered in the future. Not as dynamic and prevalent as the big business of the NFL, the CFL stil and with new stadiums etc. remain relevant.

Fan Boy, your stat and for greater certainty, are you saying that there are 9 CIS alumni currently in the NFL? I'm wondering how many Canadians, schooled in the U.S. Play in the NFL?

Boyd has had his chance at grabbing the brass ring in the NFL. The only way he gets another shot is for him to shine up here and some team in the NFL with a selective memory to be desperate enough to wait out his contract. He ought to appreciate not having to be afraid of being arrested for "walking/driving while black" in Canada.

In his interview today he said he's here to put up some good film so he can get back to the NFL. He's got the right attitude, but it's clear what his goal is.

No offense here Gbill - but what do you think all the CFL players want to do? Lets see, I can get my head torn off up here for minimum wage, or I can be a backup in the NFL and make 7 to 10 x the money.

It's just refreshing to hear someone admit it for once. No one, absolutely no one, grows up in the US and dreams of playing in the CFL one day, and I highly doubt many Canadian kids do either (once they read the age of understanding the power of money).

When I was a Canadian kid I dreamt of playing for the Bombers. It didn't work out but CFL football is what inspired me to lift weights, train and develop athletically. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My son plays at SFU & I can tell you unequivocably & without a doubt his dream is to play in the CFL. That has been his dream ever since he started playing  at age 9. He watches every CFL game & very few NFL ones. I coached football  for 15 years & I don't know of any player that said to me that they wanted to go to the NFL. They all wanted to play for the Stampeders as that was the city they were growing up in. They related to the Stamps players & as a treat every once in awhile a Stampeder player would attend one of our practices & talk to my players. So, think again Kpt Krunch. Lots of  kids in this country want to play in the CFL.

And then when they get to a level where someone points out that if they're good enough for the CFL, maybe just maybe they're good enough for the NFL, then they want to play in the NFL.

"no thanks, I'm good without taking my opportunity to earn millions of dollars", said no one ever.

Chris Walby?

If the league was then as it is now, in terms of opportunity, Chris Walbys career in the CFL would've been extremely short, if anything at all...

And this is the simple truth. We are very lucky to have seen many NI players play, and remain up here, who were quality players, but were not even noticed because, of course, there was no other league...we were too small and insignificant. Now look at how this league is regarded.

I miss the old days.

Any competitor worth a damn wants a shot at competing at the highest level......

My immediate hope is Boyd pushes Nichols to be better. That would be instant production from Boyd.

My hope is that Bombers will let Boyd run the short packages the Marve used to run... put him as 3rd QB by next week... and build his packages from there.

CFL is still a legitimate means of earning a living. There are even players today that will be revered in the future. Not as dynamic and prevalent as the big business of the NFL, the CFL stil and with new stadiums etc. remain relevant.

Fan Boy, your stat and for greater certainty, are you saying that there are 9 CIS alumni currently in the NFL? I'm wondering how many Canadians, schooled in the U.S. Play in the NFL?

oops 7 is the number at beginning of season (from CIS twitter feed)  This article says 13 Canadians altogether. http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/profiles-of-the-13-canadians-on-week-1-nfl-rosters

COkUJQCW8AAcBUq.png

oops 7 is the number at beginning of season (from CIS twitter feed)  This article says 13 Canadians altogether. http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/profiles-of-the-13-canadians-on-week-1-nfl-rosters

COkUJQCW8AAcBUq.png

Thanks FB. The best info that I could come up with was 14 Canadians in the NFL. But it must have been old info as it still had Muamba and Idonije listed as players.

From FB's Toronto Sun article, Andy Reid of the Chiefs.

Reid further explained last Friday, tongue in cheek at first: “I’m a big McGill University fan, but the level of football there isn’t as great as their academics, if you understand what I’m saying. It’s probably equivalent to maybe some of the upper-echelon junior colleges in our country here.

Dont forget too, u give the kid a chance to fall in love with the cfl and he may want to return soon after his next stint (if ever) comes to an end. Unless he mike sellars it and sticks long term, but I thought it was nice to hear him at least say he had so much fun playing in the cfl, after his nfl days were done hed come back. Just sucks from fan point (but good for him) his nfl days never came to an end for the next decade

No problem with the guy being honest about his aspirations. If he draws NFL attention then that means we got some mighty fine QB play* out of him, so it's all good.

*Pat Barnes notwithstanding, I guess

Oh god purolator pat barnes. Soo many people where biting nails while he did nfl TCs. Man what a bust that guy was.