Henoc on his way to Hamilton & Toronto for visit

gbill2004

Ill preface this by saying i love henoc as a player and he would imop be our best Lber, and a leader on D. That said our D is a strength and LB is probably the best strength there in. Henoc would make us a better team, no question. But henoc would be short term. He isnt going to sign a multi year deal. And I wouldnt want to get rid of a slightly lesser player that would be here long term, for half a year of him.  

As much as henoc would make our D better, he wouldnt make the difference between us being a play off team and not. And he would cost a ton of money for the portion of a year he would play. ]

Ill really wont be disapointed at him going to another team. I hope he plays in the east, and is close to home if he does come back to the cfl. I really hope he goes back to an nfl team and makes a nice career for him self down there. I think the only thing that would really disappoint me now is if he A) signs with sask, or B) signs a long term deal in the cfl. 

After all that, id really like to see the CFL adapt a similar rule to MLB. If a team develops a players, say drafted them or an imp with 2 years on the team and no other cfl teams before that. When another team signs them either at the end of there first contract or coming back from nfl time, id like to see some form of compensation. Some amount of cash/neg list option, or even a draft pick. Some thing for a teams time spent developing a player. Nothing earth shaking, or that would seriously hold up the free agent process. But some thing would be good.

Henoc Muamba's reps have told #bombers an #nfl workout has come up and have postponed his visit to Winnipeg scheduled for today #cfl #bn

GASP! I'm shocked and bored at the same time.

It's fine with me. As long as he's not postponing it for a visit any other CFL teams.

You can't blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned but the year is waning and his services are needed here badly...Seems like a long frustrating process ... I hope he grants us some time soon, to talk contract...It is his livelihood however, I'd like to see where we stand in his and our future.

You can't blame the guy for leaving no stone unturned but the year is waning and his services are needed here badly...Seems like a long frustrating process ... I hope he grants us some time soon, to talk contract...It is his livelihood however, I'd like to see where we stand in his and our future.

Why would you want this guy? He's clearly not interested in a CFL career. If he ends up here, he'll take as much money as he can but will no doubt fall in the "I no longer have an NFL dream so I'll coast now" syndrome like most failed NFL players have. 

Hurl is doing fine - keep him. 

I'm over the Muamba chase. He won't make any difference to our playoff hopes this year and he wants a big signing bonus which eats up SMS room we could use to extend players who we want to be here for the next couple of years. Now that we have Wild, our need is reduced for another LB and it's significantly cheaper too. I'd take the money we'd have used for Muamba's salary and use it to try and upgrade our offence for next year instead.

I'm over the Muamba chase. He won't make any difference to our playoff hopes this year and he wants a big signing bonus which eats up SMS room we could use to extend players who we want to be here for the next couple of years. Now that we have Wild, our need is reduced for another LB and it's significantly cheaper too. I'd take the money we'd have used for Muamba's salary and use it to try and upgrade our offence for next year instead.

Coordinators don't count against the cap.