Henoc on his way to Hamilton & Toronto for visit

gbill2004

I'm over the Muamba chase. He won't make any difference to our playoff hopes this year and he wants a big signing bonus which eats up SMS room we could use to extend players who we want to be here for the next couple of years. Now that we have Wild, our need is reduced for another LB and it's significantly cheaper too. I'd take the money we'd have used for Muamba's salary and use it to try and upgrade our offence for next year instead.

Coordinators don't count against the cap.

Funny, but I was talking about O Lineman, Receivers, and RB's.

absolutely 100% want Muamba back, but not interested in the "sweepstakes". When he's ready to sign with a CFL team call me, until then I see him still chasing the NFL. 

Pretty much this. Not interested in the Muamba Gong Show tour at all... When he wants to come back and give up on the NFL, i'd be more than happy to pay that man the money. 

I actually prefer the extended gong show. Let him close the door on the NFL, or rather let the NFL close the door on him, and let him tour the CFL and check out all options. If at the end, we sign him it will be with no regrets for Henoc. No coulda woulda shoulda. I don't want him signing here and then regretting it because NFL interest came along. I want the Bombers to have his undivided attention afterwards.

I'm over the Muamba chase. He won't make any difference to our playoff hopes this year and he wants a big signing bonus which eats up SMS room we could use to extend players who we want to be here for the next couple of years. Now that we have Wild, our need is reduced for another LB and it's significantly cheaper too. I'd take the money we'd have used for Muamba's salary and use it to try and upgrade our offence for next year instead.

Interesting that Wild didn't take the route Muamba is taking with the tour and all. 

I imagine this when I think of Muamba on a cross country tour.

Just change out the US flags for Canadian ones.  Keep the music.

And call it the Henoc Express

Just need Henoc to bodyslam a sumo wrestler on an aircraft carrier and he's good to go.  I'm sure an O-lineman can substitute for Yokozuna but I'm not sure where he'd get the ship since Canada doesn't have any!

I imagine this when I think of Muamba on a cross country tour.

Just change out the US flags for Canadian ones.  Keep the music.

And call it the Henoc Express

Just need Henoc to bodyslam a sumo wrestler on an aircraft carrier and he's good to go.  I'm sure an O-lineman can substitute for Yokozuna but I'm not sure where he'd get the ship since Canada doesn't have any!

I believe that was the plan today.  He was going to fly in on a chopper, land on the paddlewheel queen, body slam Sukh Chungh and announce he had signed a lifetime contract with the Blue Bombers.

Interesting that Wild didn't take the route Muamba is taking with the tour and all.

How do you figure? ian, no offense to him as he is very good, is an american LB. I dont believe he was even an allstar while here. great signing, love to have him back and I value all he brings but Muamba is essentially one of the biggest and most valuable canadian FAs currently available. Former first round pick who actually plays like he was a first round pick, plays better then some american MLBs, is a leader and a ST ace.

If you cant see the difference here..

How do you figure? ian, no offense to him as he is very good, is an american LB. I dont believe he was even an allstar while here. great signing, love to have him back and I value all he brings but Muamba is essentially one of the biggest and most valuable canadian FAs currently available. Former first round pick who actually plays like he was a first round pick, plays better then some american MLBs, is a leader and a ST ace.

He's a leader at making it known he wants nothing to do with CFL until he's exhausted all his NFL opportunties. Not that I blame him he'd make as much on the PR down there (if he gets in a few games due to injury) then he would up here. 

As ISO said Spud - we got a good solid MLB Canuck who has no desire to play in the NFL. Sam Hurl. Why? He's not good enough, which is what we need. We need players who simply aren't good enough to compete for a job in the NFL, but are good enough to play here. It is what it is. 

He's a leader at making it known he wants nothing to do with CFL until he's exhausted all his NFL opportunties. Not that I blame him he'd make as much on the PR down there (if he gets in a few games due to injury) then he would up here. 

As ISO said Spud - we got a good solid MLB Canuck who has no desire to play in the NFL. Sam Hurl. Why? He's not good enough, which is what we need. We need players who simply aren't good enough to compete for a job in the NFL, but are good enough to play here. It is what it is. 

I thought this myth was crushed a long time ago... He wouldn't even be making half as much on an NFL PR as he would be starting in the CFL... shitty dollar does help a bit right now...

NFL PR Salary is a minimum of $6000 (Approx $8000 CDN) per week or $102,000 (About $136,000 CDN) for the entire year. Muamba looks to have 13 games played so he has 1 year of PR left.

NFL 1 year player minimum salary = $510,000 (Approx $680,000 CDN).

$225,000 per year = $12,500  per game. There are 6 games left so a total of $75,000 plus signing bonus.

I can see waiting out the year to see if he can catch on in the NFL this season, which would give him a better shot at making it next year and getting the big salary.

NFL PR Salary is a minimum of $6000 (Approx $8000 CDN) per week or $102,000 (About $136,000 CDN) for the entire year. Muamba looks to have 13 games played so he has 1 year of PR left.

NFL 1 year player minimum salary = $510,000 (Approx $680,000 CDN).

$225,000 per year = $12,500 per game. There are 6 games left so a total of $75,000 plus signing bonus.

I can see waiting out the year to see if he can catch on in the NFL this season, which would give him a better shot at making it next year and getting the big salary.

Like I said earlier, he probably should not play. It makes no sense to risk injury playing in the CFL.

But SPuDs no one cares anymore about Muamba. Let him have his NFL dream. No one says he can't but "The Tour" is a farce. If he signs somewhere else in the CFL good for him. Next year it'll be the same.

Speak for yourself, I want him back here. Lots of people do, and don't care that he is still trying to land an NFL spot.

Speak for yourself. I don't want him back if it's just for a handful of games & it's the same BS next year. A lot of fans don't care anymore. I only want him back if it's a 2 year deal. 

But SPuDs no one cares anymore about Muamba. Let him have his NFL dream. No one says he can't but "The Tour" is a farce. If he signs somewhere else in the CFL good for him. Next year it'll be the same.

Speak for yourself, I want him back here. Lots of people do, and don't care that he is still trying to land an NFL spot.

Speak for yourself. I don't want him back if it's just for a handful of games & it's the same BS next year. A lot of fans don't care anymore. I only want him back if it's a 2 year deal.

I didn't say "nobody" disagrees with me, as you claimed in your post involving your hurt feelings.