Well what can you say?

bb1

Rookie QB with no prep time cost us tonight, I thought. You could really see the inexperience in Marve. I don't blame the guy...but he is what he is. Made a lotta "rookie" decisions tonight that, I thought, really cost us. I'm a big believer that we don't give up the kick return TD if he doesn't take the 20 yard sack....shoulda thrown it away, punting from farther down, and I don't think the ball comes back.

All things considered, it was a decent game for us. Yeah we didn't get the win but we showed we can compete without willy. Marve seemed to struggle with the long ball but that will hopefully we worked out with some practice with the first team offence.

Marve impressed me tonight.  Too bad he only had half a practice this week; I think that was a mistake of the coaching staff to only have one practice in a week for your starting QB is making his first ever pro start. 

Only thing he needs to work on is his deep ball accuracy. But Marve is definitely the clear backup QB now in my opinion. 

It was funny, after he hurt his hand, I sit right behind the Bombers bench and saw him gulp down what looked like a hand full of pain-killer pills. 

Defense really impressed me tonight...Hurl had another good game and Bass and Westerman are both BEASTS!

marve was decent, not good or great.  Pretty suspect on anything intermediate or long.  Maybe he improves on that, maybe he doesn't.  Some Qbs just never develop the ability to throw accurately on anything outside of short passes.

Bombers never advanced past the 42 yard line of the Argos in the 2nd half and the Argos defense seemed to have Marve figured out, especially on that last Bomber offensive play. Even Irving mentioned this.  

Marve never appeared to look past his first read though tough to tell when you are not at the game.  VERY conservative play-calling as well.  Could not believe the number of short passes - is that on Marcel or on Marve who would not look past his first read?

Defense stepped up once again but special teams and the fumble on the following drive killed us.  Marve didn't win the game but he certainly didn't lose it for the Bombers.

I think the Argos are a good, but not great team.  Horseshoes up the butt to win the games the way they have the past several weeks.  The Eskies and the Ticats are better and Calgary might be better if they weren't missing so many key players from last year.  

Yup Picard is definitely a problem. His snaps are awful and have been all year. Play Goossen and cut Picard really.

I never noticed until today how bad his snaps really are. With the poor snap combined with the lack of protection, a defensive tackle is going to rush in and grab the ball before it gets back to the QB.

I like marve, but frankly I don't think he played very well. Always moving from the pocket is still clearly a run first QB, when he did stay in the pocket he took a long time to make a decision I found,unless of course it was a designed quick hitter. He also under through a couple balls (his int) comes to mind. He'll get better but if willy plays tonight, we win hands down.

I liked the commitment to the run game but at the end of I was just wishing they would take a shot down field already. It seemed like they didn't want to throw anything past 20 yards