Well what can you say?

bb1

Looked to me like Marve was more effective in the first half and seemed to be calling some of his plays or at least having more of a back and forth with MB between plays... seemed like he got a 'talking to' at half time and tried to be more of a pocket passer in the second half - didn't work.

Bellefeuille probably ordered Marve to stay in the pocket in the second half, and it did affect his play. Our defence played better in the second half but the offence compensated for that by playing worse. Still, had Brohm been in there, it would have been a worse beating than we got against Edmonton.

or... maybe but just a crazy idea here... toronto's dc made adjustments that took away stuff for marve?

Looked to me like Marve was more effective in the first half and seemed to be calling some of his plays or at least having more of a back and forth with MB between plays... seemed like he got a 'talking to' at half time and tried to be more of a pocket passer in the second half - didn't work.

Bellefeuille probably ordered Marve to stay in the pocket in the second half, and it did affect his play. Our defence played better in the second half but the offence compensated for that by playing worse. Still, had Brohm been in there, it would have been a worse beating than we got against Edmonton.

or... maybe but just a crazy idea here... toronto's dc made adjustments that took away stuff for marve?

And that could not have been foreseen and compensated for?

Marcel is supposed to be a mind reader and just know what toronto is going to change after half?!

Maybe he did make adjustments later into the second or third and they didnt work?

What can you say? 

The contacting the kicker call was absolute BS and the missed holding call on the same play was inexcusable.

I took another look at it through the miracle of video review. We got called for contacting the kicker when Leggett? got grabbed and twisted/thrown to the ground, making minimal contact with the punter. Pfeffer, saw the play, went pfft, and rolled down for the call. I thought he was dead (I think he was laughing)

Marcel is supposed to be a mind reader and just know what toronto is going to change after half?!

Maybe he did make adjustments later into the second or third and they didnt work?

Football is not that complicated that whatever Toronto chose to do could not have been anticipated and a contingency plan B worked out. So far as the adjustments not working out, if a coach went to his boss and said that whatever he had planned wasn't working and he didn't know what to do, that would usually result in a firing.

I thought first half, the Marve run threat eased pressure on O line, he had more time to throw than willie or brohm last game. then later in the game, pressure increased.

don't know if that was cause Toronto realized he was not running in second half.

What can you say? 

The contacting the kicker call was absolute BS and the missed holding call on the same play was inexcusable.

I took another look at it through the miracle of video review. We got called for contacting the kicker when Leggett? got grabbed and twisted/thrown to the ground, making minimal contact with the punter. Pfeffer, saw the play, went pfft, and rolled down for the call. I thought he was dead (I think he was laughing)

Like I said last night this play really p!@#$%^ me off, personal protector grabbed Leggett twisted him and throws him at the kicker who becomes a ballerina and takes a flying leap. What really bothered me was that a official is looking right at the play calls us for contacting the kicker when the called should of been holding on the up back. I'm not saying we would of won the game but get the call right your looking at the play.

I thought first half, the Marve run threat eased pressure on O line, he had more time to throw than willie or brohm last game. then later in the game, pressure increased.

don't know if that was cause Toronto realized he was not running in second half.

Well it did look like TO made some adjustments and was focusing on contain with Marve.

I get that you're an unabashed homer... but are you actually suggesting our OC has to be a "mind reader" to make successful half time adjustments... I guess Casey Creehan (who we all know and love  :D ) must be a mind reader then?

I get that you're an unabashed homer... but are you actually suggesting our OC has to be a "mind reader" to make successful half time adjustments... I guess Casey Creehan (who we all know and love :D ) must be a mind reader then?

it has nothing to do with homerism.. and everything to do with what transpired.. offensively MB kept it as it was imo. when toronto changed their rush and played more contain marve couldnt run to the left and often was forced into making the pass play.. he was unable to do so... (nerves, finger, flu)

MB didnt change his plays and thats evident... but to say the offense went stale SOLELY on MBs hands is wrong. Creehan called a better second half that took Marves strengths away..

Rookie QB with no prep time cost us tonight, I thought. You could really see the inexperience in Marve. I don't blame the guy...but he is what he is. Made a lotta "rookie" decisions tonight that, I thought, really cost us. I'm a big believer that we don't give up the kick return TD if he doesn't take the 20 yard sack....shoulda thrown it away, punting from farther down, and I don't think the ball comes back.

Yes, it would have been nice if O'Shea had sat Willy after he hurt his knee against Edmonton and played Marve instead. It would have given Marve some much needed experience and would have given Willy some much needed time to recuperate. Sadly, O'Shea chose to keep running Willy out there until he seriously injured that knee and is now likely gone for the season. It also resulted in Marve not having that valuable playing experience and, you are right, it contributed to our loss against the Argos.

Yes, it would have been nice if O'Shea had sat Willy after he hurt his knee against Edmonton and played Marve instead. It would have given Marve some much needed experience and would have given Willy some much needed time to recuperate. Sadly, O'Shea chose to keep running Willy out there until he seriously injured that knee and is now likely gone for the season. It also resulted in Marve not having that valuable playing experience and, you are right, it contributed to our loss against the Argos.

And here it is.

Your very weak argument to blame MOS for not sitting out Willy for the BC game. Even though Willy said he was ready. Even though every medical opinion cleared Willy to play. To give Marve some playing time...in a most important game against BC...which we won...with Willy in the lineup.

Your argument was weak weeks ago, and it's still weak now.

And here it is.

Your very weak argument to blame MOS for not sitting out Willy for the BC game. Even though Willy said he was ready. Even though every medical opinion cleared Willy to play. To give Marve some playing time...in a most important game against BC...which we won...with Willy in the lineup.

So you're saying you know for sure that had Willy rested his knee for that BC game that it wouldn't have helped him and it still would have been injured? Crystal ball?

So you're saying that there is no way we win that game against BC with Marve at QB? Same crystal ball?

So you're saying that it wouldn't have helped Marve immensely against Toronto to have had that extra playing time against BC while Willy rested?

That Toronto game was also very winnable for us. Isn't that 2 points just as important?

How many points will we lose now with Willy gone?

Even after the worst happened and we lost Willy for the season and our backup had to go into the Toronto game and lost a close one with 1 stinking practice under his belt to prepare?

Wow. Talk about stubborn. Isn't it just possible that giving Willy some rest after he initially hurt his knee might have been a good idea? As Doug Brown pointed out last season, the poor guy has been getting absolutely pounded behind this o-line with little to no relief? He's been forced to play nicked and banged up for most of his time here and it has affected his performance. Is this really the best way to handle our franchise player and star QB?

And here it is.

So you're saying you know for sure that had Willy rested his knee for that BC game that it wouldn't have helped him and it still would have been injured? Crystal ball?

So you're saying that there is no way we win that game against BC with Marve at QB? Same crystal ball?

So you're saying that it wouldn't have helped Marve immensely against Toronto to have had that extra playing time against BC while Willy rested?

That Toronto game was also very winnable for us. Isn't that 2 points just as important?

Even after the worst happened and we lost Willy for the season and our backup had to go into the Toronto game and lost a close one with 1 stinking practice under his belt to prepare?

Wow. Talk about stubborn. Isn't it just possible that giving Willy some rest after he initially hurt his knee might have been a good idea? As Doug Brown pointed out last season, the poor guy has been getting absolutely pounded behind this o-line with little to no relief? He's been forced to play nicked and banged up for most of his time here and it has affected his performance. Is this really the best way to handle our franchise player and star QB?

Yup...talk about stubborn is you. After he hurt his knee, he was running all over the field like a gazelle  ;) He was fine. In the next game, with time in between...I guess you didn't really watch the play where his knee got hyperextended, which could have happened in any game at any time to anyone. Trying to connect the two over and over and blame the coaches is ludicrous!

Kind of ridiculous to blame coaches for injuries for sure... that would be like blaming chamblin for durant getting hurt, why the heck was he hopping around like a fool, chamblin should have told him to not do that.. or for Glenn getting hurt... what the heck, why was he taking hits like that. Injuries happen. Theres nothing a coach can do to prevent them from happening. 

Starting to think some people haven't played sports cuz the one thing you always have in the back of your head playing sports, you always have the possibility of being injured. 

Man, hockey for sure and football x 10 since they are both contact sports. It happens. You know it when you sign up to play. 

Trying to connect an injury to another injury is just ridiculous for sure and no way does it make a difference if he played against BC or not.

Revisionist history is so fun, because what i know is if willy sat vs BC and we lost, same people or person saying he shouldn't have played would be saying he should have. Can't win at times regardless... it's almost like some people have an agenda and will stick to that agenda no matter what. 

You know what, he sits vs BC and we lose and people complain, then he starts vs Hamilton, gets injured and people complain. Can't win really. 

And here it is.

Yup...talk about stubborn is you. After he hurt his knee, he was running all over the field like a gazelle  ;) He was fine. In the next game, with time in between...I guess you didn't really watch the play where his knee got hyperextended, which could have happened in any game at any time to anyone. Trying to connect the two over and over and blame the coaches is ludicrous!

Yeah, you're right. It's a much better idea to keep running Willy out there for his beatings until he's too hurt to continue and only give the backup QB some playing time when you have no other choice. Good plan. It's working out really well for us so far.

And here it is.

Yeah, you're right. It's a much better idea to keep running Willy out there for his beatings until he's too hurt to continue and only give the backup QB some playing time when you have no other choice. Good plan. It's working out really well for us so far.

Since this is all just pointless crap, lets add another pointless question to it... What if they sat Willy vs BC, we lost... what would you say then? Thats the first pointless question.

Second one, he plays vs Hamilton, still gets hurt and is out 6-8 weeks still.. then what would you say? 

Trying to connect an injury to another injury is just ridiculous for sure and no way does it make a difference if he played against BC or not.

Doug Brown seems to think there's some merit to the idea of resting your battered star QB. So do I. It's obvious if you really think about it. But what does he know? 

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/battered-willy-had-no-business-playing-bc-280613802.html

Doug Brown seems to think there's some merit to the idea of resting your battered star QB. So do I. It's obvious if you really think about it. But what does he know? 

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/battered-willy-had-no-business-playing-bc-280613802.html

Honestly, not as much as he likes to make us believe really. Sorry but Doug Brown isn't the be all and end all, quite honestly, Doug Brown is so full of Doug Brown that i'm honestly surprised he's able to breathe at times since he's obviously got his head so far up his own ass at times.