Well what can you say?

bb1

Yes, it would have been nice if O'Shea had sat Willy after he hurt his knee against Edmonton and played Marve instead. It would have given Marve some much needed experience and would have given Willy some much needed time to recuperate. Sadly, O'Shea chose to keep running Willy out there until he seriously injured that knee and is now likely gone for the season. It also resulted in Marve not having that valuable playing experience and, you are right, it contributed to our loss against the Argos.

And here it is.

Your very weak argument to blame MOS for not sitting out Willy for the BC game. Even though Willy said he was ready. Even though every medical opinion cleared Willy to play. To give Marve some playing time...in a most important game against BC...which we won...with Willy in the lineup.

Your argument was weak weeks ago, and it's still weak now.

So you're saying you know for sure that had Willy rested his knee for that BC game that it wouldn't have helped him and it still would have been injured? Crystal ball?

So you're saying that there is no way we win that game against BC with Marve at QB? Same crystal ball?

So you're saying that it wouldn't have helped Marve immensely against Toronto to have had that extra playing time against BC while Willy rested?

That Toronto game was also very winnable for us. Isn't that 2 points just as important?

How many points will we lose now with Willy gone?

Even after the worst happened and we lost Willy for the season and our backup had to go into the Toronto game and lost a close one with 1 stinking practice under his belt to prepare?

Wow. Talk about stubborn. Isn't it just possible that giving Willy some rest after he initially hurt his knee might have been a good idea? As Doug Brown pointed out last season, the poor guy has been getting absolutely pounded behind this o-line with little to no relief? He's been forced to play nicked and banged up for most of his time here and it has affected his performance. Is this really the best way to handle our franchise player and star QB?

Yup...talk about stubborn is you. After he hurt his knee, he was running all over the field like a gazelle  ;) He was fine. In the next game, with time in between...I guess you didn't really watch the play where his knee got hyperextended, which could have happened in any game at any time to anyone. Trying to connect the two over and over and blame the coaches is ludicrous!

Yeah, you're right. It's a much better idea to keep running Willy out there for his beatings until he's too hurt to continue and only give the backup QB some playing time when you have no other choice. Good plan. It's working out really well for us so far.

Since this is all just pointless crap, lets add another pointless question to it... What if they sat Willy vs BC, we lost... what would you say then? Thats the first pointless question.

Second one, he plays vs Hamilton, still gets hurt and is out 6-8 weeks still.. then what would you say? 

I would say it's good that Marve got some playing time as it might have been the difference in us beating the Argos and it's good that my battered star QB got some rest. Win, win.

Bullcrap really... We lose and you are saying why didn't willy play.. It's pointless. I'm done now tho.

People can have their different opinions but... sitting him one week does not mean he doesn't get injured the next... That's a fact really. It's pro sports, it's a contact sport, you can get hurt anytime really, anywhere. It makes no difference, the week b4 really, it's irrelevant... 

Trying to connect an injury to another injury is just ridiculous for sure and no way does it make a difference if he played against BC or not.

Doug Brown seems to think there's some merit to the idea of resting your battered star QB. So do I. It's obvious if you really think about it. But what does he know? 

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/battered-willy-had-no-business-playing-bc-280613802.html

Honestly, not as much as he likes to make us believe really. Sorry but Doug Brown isn't the be all and end all, quite honestly, Doug Brown is so full of Doug Brown that i'm honestly surprised he's able to breathe at times since he's obviously got his head so far up his own ass at times. 

I see. Don't debate the argument, attack the man personally. Got ya. Good, mature approach.  :rolleyes:

Dude, you're being a hypocrite.  You're saying others are using a crystal ball.  I was thinking the same thing about YOU before you accused Mr. Dee.  How would you know he was going to get hurt?  He was running all over the place in BC just fine.  And has we lost in BC, you'd be up here saying MOS sucks because we lost in BC.  It seems to me you're just looking for any ammunition you can find to take a shot at MOS.

Bullcrap really... We lose and you are saying why didn't willy play.. It's pointless. I'm done now tho.

People can have their different opinions but... sitting him one week does not mean he doesn't get injured the next... That's a fact really. It's pro sports, it's a contact sport, you can get hurt anytime really, anywhere. It makes no difference, the week b4 really, it's irrelevant... 

So you're now saying that there are no cumulative effects to getting pounded game after game? Yeah, you're right, you're done.

Trying to connect an injury to another injury is just ridiculous for sure and no way does it make a difference if he played against BC or not.

Doug Brown seems to think there's some merit to the idea of resting your battered star QB. So do I. It's obvious if you really think about it. But what does he know? 

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/battered-willy-had-no-business-playing-bc-280613802.html

Honestly, not as much as he likes to make us believe really. Sorry but Doug Brown isn't the be all and end all, quite honestly, Doug Brown is so full of Doug Brown that i'm honestly surprised he's able to breathe at times since he's obviously got his head so far up his own ass at times. 

I see. Don't debate the argument, attack the man personally. Got ya. Good, mature approach.  :rolleyes:

Have you actually listened to Doug Brown? It's obvious he's full of Doug Brown. 

So you're now saying that there are no cumulative effects to getting pounded game after game? Yeah, you're right, you're done.

Yup. Done for sure. Done feeding the Troll really. 

Since this is all just pointless crap, lets add another pointless question to it... What if they sat Willy vs BC, we lost... what would you say then? Thats the first pointless question.

Second one, he plays vs Hamilton, still gets hurt and is out 6-8 weeks still.. then what would you say?

It's the same argument this particular poster is trying to push on this forum, that he tried in TEP. It didn't work there, and it won't work here. He dislikes MOS and tries to push that ridiculous notion that Willy should have been kept out of the lineup, even though that would not have kept him from getting hurt in the Ham. game.

And Doug Brown? Well, I see see he's pulling up year-old columns to try to connect the dots.

It won't work here, either JV....these posters are too aware of what's going on.

Doug Brown isn't a coach.  He's was a player.  He has no idea how to coach a pro team.  That's like saying a student knows how to be teacher because he's spent 12 years being taught.  You have no idea if Doug Brown knows what he's talking about or not.  You're just taking his word for it.

Sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't. The way his knee got landed on in Hamilton that injury likely happens to a completely healthy player too. That's the thing, football is a violent sport and there's lots of hits that take a guy from healthy to injured. Was it a result of the cumulative hits on him? I don't believe that for one second, to me it's just a guy getting hit in the knee and and injury resulting from it. 

Dude, you're being a hypocrite.  You're saying others are using a crystal ball.  I was thinking the same thing about YOU before you accused Mr. Dee.  How would you know he was going to get hurt?  He was running all over the place in BC just fine.  And has we lost in BC, you'd be up here saying MOS sucks because we lost in BC.  It seems to me you're just looking for any ammunition you can find to take a shot at MOS.

Yet here you are with your crystal ball telling me what I would have said if we had lost in BC.

I don't deny I think MOS is a lousy coach. The way he handles our franchise QB is only one reason though. 

Yet here you are with your crystal ball telling me what I would have said if we had lost in BC.

I don't deny I think MOS 

I don't need a crystal ball to know what your agenda is.

I don't deny I think MOS is a lousy coach. The way he handles our franchise QB is only one reason though. 

Just do me one favor, don't pack your ball and go home when this debate gets to be too much for you like last time. And before you blame it on all the personal attack stuff, you're being as condescending and rude as anyone in here.

It's like we've got our very own Nic Grigsby running around here.

If the season ended today we are in the crossover playoff position ... 

Nope.  3rd in the East has 4 wins.  Bombers have 3.  Tied for 3rd in the West.

I keep seeing this post lol... So if it ended today... We'd see Edmonton i think and Hamilton with the byes.. Toronto would play Ottawa in Toronto and We'd Get Calgary in Calgary. 

MOS was right to use Willy against BC.   It got us a needed win against a divisional rival.   Marve played ok vs Toronto, and we had our chances to win that one, but unfortunately came up short.  I'm sad that Willy got injured, but that type of play could happen at any time in this game.  It's unfortunate, but not much a coach can do about it.

Fans second guessing coaches isn't exactly new, but as someone who's coached (amateur) since the mid 80's, one thing is clear to me:  you can't play out of fear of injury.  Coaches who have professional medical advisors, (trainers, doctors, therapists) need to let the professionals make the medical calls about who can play and who can't.  Once a player is cleared, the coach needs to have good communication with the player regarding their ability to play.    There's the old question "are you hurt or are you injured"?  No one should play "injured" and subject themselves to unwarranted risk and increased damage to an already compromised body.   Some players can play "hurt" while others can't.  Willy was clearly good to go against BC.  He played extremely well, and ran the ball better than I've seen him do so before.   To somehow suggest that playing against BC was related to his injury in Hamilton is weak speculation at best.    Had he been limping around, I could understand the argument, but that wasn't the case.

Hardcore trolling....I'm choosing to ignore until banned.

Y is it around here when someone has a different opinion good or bad people like you jump on it as trolling? This is a forum no? Or is it a kumbyas let's not breathe a word of criticism your a troll only forum?

Y is it around here when someone has a different opinion good or bad people like you jump on it as trolling? This is a forum no? Or is it a kumbyas let's not breathe a word of criticism your a troll only forum?

It's more a case of choosing to believe that no one could possibly be that stupid so it must be trolling for a reaction. It's not about differing opinions, it's about opinions so unbelievably stupid. 

It's the same argument this particular poster is trying to push on this forum, that he tried in TEP. It didn't work there, and it won't work here. He dislikes MOS and tries to push that ridiculous notion that Willy should have been kept out of the lineup, even though that would not have kept him from getting hurt in the Ham. game.

And Doug Brown? Well, I see see he's pulling up year-old columns to try to connect the dots.

It won't work here, either JV....these posters are too aware of what's going on.

his schtick grew tiresome on OB too.. same thing.. coaches suck and no rhyme or reason to it.. just cuz he said so made it so lol.

It's more a case of choosing to believe that no one could possibly be that stupid so it must be trolling for a reaction. It's not about differing opinions, it's about opinions so unbelievably stupid.
Ok who gets to decide that you?Noeller? If it is someone trolling just don't react no? Is Doug Brown an idiot too?It's a slippery slope your traveling.

In case you didn't notice, even those of us who have been here since the start of the site still argue with each other.  And we don't call each other trolls for a reason.

When you've been posting for a long time and you're observant about it, all you need to do is watch certain people and you can start to see their behaviors.  Look for signs.  Are they always attacking someone?  Are they always argumentative?  Do they ever talk positively about anything or is everything bad always?  For example.  I can tell J5V is looking to argue.  I knew that from the first moment he posted, but I kept my mouth shut to see if I was right.  Wanna know how?  One of the first things he posted in the Introduction thread is this:

Duressler47, on 10 Aug 2015 - 7:17 PM, said:snapback.png

Nice to see you, J5V. I think you've found your new home.

That depends on how folks react to my opinions. We'll see.

You can go on and read what else he wrote, I don't feel like posting it all here, but it's very...in your face.

Now, someone who really wants to be part of an online community will normally post something like "hey, my name is blah, just came here to discuss the Bombers.  Happy to be here.  Let's hope we have a great season, etc...".  Something like that.  Be constructive, or at least somewhat constructive.  They talk about players or coaches, and how so and so is doing good or doing bad (note, they talk about both).  They will come and post here during the good games or the bad games.

When someone uses (note abuses) an online community ONLY to unload all of his/her crap because the team isn't playing well or is losing, that can turn an online community into a destructive one.  I'm not saying you can't come here and unload when you're frustrated, but if that's all you do and aren't being constructive at all, then it becomes a type of trollish behavior.  Someone is looking to lay the blame game and argue with people because they're frustrated.  Which, as I said, is fine, but if you don't give some positives as well, people will think you're just trolling and not want you around.

So in conclusion.  When you start on a new forum, don't act like you've been apart of it for the last few years and come in and start dumping on everything.  Start off constructive, don't piss the regulars off.  It's like trying to make friends and acting like an ass in front of them and then wonder why they don't want to hang out with you.

Ok who gets to decide that you?Noeller? If it is someone trolling just don't react no? Is Doug Brown an idiot too?It's a slippery slope your traveling.

Cant believe im doing this.

Its not rocket science. Back up your opinions with reasoning or else your opinions are worthless. Pretty much everyone here with the exception of a few tend to say their piece.. Why they feel that way.. And debate it. They dont say their piece.. Refuse to explain it or ration it out.. Then cry foul when people call it crap.

People dont butt heads with you because you have a difference of opinion.. HALF this board does usually.. Maybe more so.. They butt heads with you because not only do you have zero substance but you act like someone pissed in your coffee when they disagree with you..

Condecending, insulting and belittling dont really get people far on this board.

Lastly and I cannot stress this enough... You are more then welcome to have a differing view point. Read any thread and you can see for yourself how this board functions. Your attitude is what I have a problem with and your arrogance..

yes I get to decide. And yes Doug brown has been known to say dumb things time to time as well. Very high on himself

It's the stuff of kids in the school yard. The kids that have been there the longest think it's their school yard and they get to decide what is allowed. Read ahead and you'll see the terms laid out. It's basically threats "Ban him" followed by name-calling. "Stupid", "Troll", until the poor fellow conforms or leaves. Sad really. I'm not going to get into the reasons why they are like this but it is interesting to observe how flummoxed they get when the target of their aggression stands his ground and defies them.

I wonder what happens next ...  :)