The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ SSK

Thought zach looked good today actually. He was generating lots of pressure. Thomas in for Zach would be awful. Makes us worse

Didn't see that at all...  Anderson got schooled a few times, Turner was better but still no push

Thought zach looked good today actually. He was generating lots of pressure. Thomas in for Zach would be awful. Makes us worse

Anderson got destroyed by a down block on the huge run off a stretch play by Messam.  If he gets in his gap on that stretch play that run can't happen.  That's the kind of stuff that was happening all night.  He got close to Glenn once and forced a bad throw, but had a really bad night overall.

Did anyone see the TSN highlfight package of the gme?  You would think the bombers didn't even play in the game.  Stupid TSN showed one measily bombver play.  (the Nick Moore TD)  Just a joke IMO.  

For crying out loud Drew Willy went 22-25 with over 300yrds 3 td's and no picks...but all they talk about is oh riders this Darian Durant that.

I wouldn't even say that anyone on our dline played well.  Lot's of giant holes given up.  wasn't overly impressed with Hurl either.  I was hoping for a little more noise from him.

Drew and the O on the other hand, were very stong

Wonder if we won't see something like this by week 4...

Randle-Adams-Leggett-Johnson-Bucknor

Washington-Bass-Burnett

Fraser-Thomas-Turner-Westerman

I mean I want to cheer for Peach but he was getting tossed around by Fulton; maybe Anderson needs a few games to get up to speed...

Don't need more games to say that Hurl is not a starting MLB... maybe WIL -  but our ratio is good

I agree with your secondary changes but on DL and LB nope.

Wonder if we won't see something like this by week 4...

Randle-Adams-Leggett-Johnson-Bucknor

Washington-Bass-Burnett

Fraser-Thomas-Turner-Westerman

I mean I want to cheer for Peach but he was getting tossed around by Fulton; maybe Anderson needs a few games to get up to speed...

Don't need more games to say that Hurl is not a starting MLB... maybe WIL -  but our ratio is good

I agree with your secondary changes but on DL and LB nope.

Especially Thomas.  He's no starter.

Great game - unlike last year's home opener against a brand new team who had no idea what they were doing, this win was much more impressive. Not going to start getting to excited until Labour Day though - not falling into that 5 - 1 trap like last year. Not being a pessimist here - just cautious. By far the best game this week - though I missed the Hamilton / Calgary game, Mtrl / Ott and Edm / Tor were total bush league. Embarrassing football games

didn't they fall into that trap in the 2011 season as well except it was 6-1 by the time we got to the labour day classic

I was really impressed with Veltung last night. No need to rush Stoudermire back, and if Veltung keeps it up, could make for an interesting decision. I believe Stoudermire is on the 6 game IR so they might just keep him there the full 6 weeks, even if he's ready a little earlier as the 6 game IR doesn't count against the cap.

As satisfying as this win was, I suspect that the D-line and linebackers will be the subject of much discussion this week among the coaches and Walters. We need more push up the middle and better contain from the linebackers. I don't know if we can hang all the problems on Hurl if the Sask O-line were getting off the line cleanly and burying the linebackers.

From the eyes of one slightly excited Bomber fan...

1st off, let me say - this is the Drew Willy we all knew and wanted back.

Clarence Denmark - our solid veteran meet Nick Moore, our other solid veteran. Each got receptions totalling 94 yards.

Bombers seemed very disciplined but each team took 14 penalties - Bombers for 167 and the Riders 105 Go figure.

Our D line lost the battle in the trenches tonight.

Blitzes were off..didn't notice any stunts. There were some but they were ineffective. There's work to be done there.

2nd off, let me say - this is the Paris Cotton we all knew and wanted back. 108 yards on the ground and 59 in the air.

But it was the way he ran. Dipsying and doodling in around would be tacklers. He was on a mission.

Darian Durant looked good, not great, but good, right up to his injury.

Our boy was better.

Oh, and Sask's run blocking is still pretty good. They used a couple different looks and ripped off some good yardage on us. But this can be fixed.

Not sold on our D-line and line backing, but it's early in the season and we can definitely adjust.

On that same note, credit should be given to Sask's O-Line as they did do a very good job in blocking.

Our D-Line definitely had the effort, so it should only get better. Also, worthy of note...their vaunted D-Line did not fare any better.

I don't know what I expected from our O-line, especially after the first (and only) sack, but what I saw pleasantly surprised me. We could run, we could protect and we held off a pretty good D-line.

Drew Willy was spinning and running tonight, but for goodness sakes, can somebody other than Buck Pierce show him how to slide?

How many drives did we sustain tonight?

And there's a new Marshall in town. Like

Another TSN treat - a bloody interview while the game is on. This time we hear about Heenan's wardrobe. Sigh.

Marcel Bellefeuille - being on the sidelines sure made him a better OC eh?.....good job MB

Bombers beat the Riders in both halves 15-14 and 15-12

The Bombers got the ball back with a little over 2 minutes left in the game...and the Riders never saw it again. When was the last time that happened?

Great distribution of passes.

Did I mention what a great game Drew Willy had?