The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ SSK

I would guess Burnett and Tyler will be the 2 inactive players.   It was interesting to compare our Week 1 this year vs last year.   O-Line is obviously the biggest difference and should be vastly improved.   I really like the Anderson/Westerman combination over Thomas/Vega but still worry about our LBs.   I think the Riders will approach the game wanting to test our front 7 much more than our DBs.

I'm not worried. Pretty sure Bass will see some time in the middle during the course of the game.

Hope to be saying this a few times this year ...

tumblr_llx8eua4eu1qkcqgio1_250.gif

I would guess Burnett and Tyler will be the 2 inactive players.   It was interesting to compare our Week 1 this year vs last year.   O-Line is obviously the biggest difference and should be vastly improved.   I really like the Anderson/Westerman combination over Thomas/Vega but still worry about our LBs.   I think the Riders will approach the game wanting to test our front 7 much more than our DBs.

I'm not worried. Pretty sure Bass will see some time in the middle during the course of the game.

Hope to be saying this a few times this year ...

tumblr_llx8eua4eu1qkcqgio1_250.gif

"And thats the Bass line becuase Khalil Bass said so."

Neither lineup looks all that scary.  Sask DL will test Bomber OL, but rest of the lineup looks like Chamblin is 'outthinking' himself.

I don't expect Messam to eat us up like last year.  Really want to see what Bass can do on blitz. 

My gut says Randle eventually moves back to CB and Shell becomes our SAM.  Going to be interesting when Leggett is healthy.

Personally, I'm glad they're starting Messam. I really hope they're being naïve enough to think he's going to have the same success against Richie Hall that he did against Etcheverry.

they will probably rotate Messam and Allen, each having almost equal amount of carries.

I'm hoping we try and test MacDougall at safety a lot.  With the right routes we can get our speedy guys out in space against him in man to man coverage.  Guy with not a lot of experience might make him an easier target.

Pretty hard to get the Safety into man coverage... and MacDougall was no slouch in Calgary

If there's a weakness, maybe its Emry...

Shell over Unamba?

That's a surprise but I actually really like it.

Me too.  Also interesting that it seems that Unamba wasn't even really a consideration to fill-in at safety.  Why the hell do we keep this guy around and cut good players?  I've asked myself that at the end of each of the last two training camps.  Anybody with half a brain and a willingness to work hard can play well on special teams.  Should always take the guy who can play D and train him to chase kicks over the guy who is scary to put on the field on D who can chase kicks.

Shell over Unamba?

Me too.  Also interesting that it seems that Unamba wasn't even really a consideration to fill-in at safety.  Why the hell do we keep this guy around and cut good players?  I've asked myself that at the end of each of the last two training camps.  Anybody with half a brain and a willingness to work hard can play well on special teams.  Should always take the guy who can play D and train him to chase kicks over the guy who is scary to put on the field on D who can chase kicks.

I really liked Unamba at sam last year when he filled in. Thought he could push for a starters spot this year. I guess maybe cause he's so versatile? 

Personally, I'm glad they're starting Messam. I really hope they're being naïve enough to think he's going to have the same success against Richie Hall that he did against Etcheverry.

Chamblin we are learning these past couple years has no idea what to do with the RB position. 

Shell over Unamba?

I really liked Unamba at sam last year when he filled in. Thought he could push for a starters spot this year. I guess maybe cause he's so versatile? 

He works hard but has no instincts in coverage.  He's lost.  He was ok at WIL because he could just chase the ball more in that spot, disaster at SAM the little bit he played there last year.  Safety would probably be the ideal spot for him if there is one because you could put him in a position where he could react and play to the ball more, but seems they don't feel comfortable with him there.

Shell over Unamba?

Make sense to me.