Our new jersey

One of the issues is the lost opportunity.  If they'd designed a uni as nice as BC's, (Example from a non-designer:Royal Blue background, gold piped numbers, and a helmet with the Bomber brand on it), they'd sell thousands of the things.  The talk would be about using them as our standard unis instead of how ugly we're expecting them to be.

Whats the Bomber brand? A letter W? The W is pretty weak. We might still get a new logo on the Signatures like B.C.

The Bomber brand is blue and gold. Based on the helmet I think they've forgotten that

The Riders brand is green, neon lime green, and black?

One of the issues is the lost opportunity.  If they'd designed a uni as nice as BC's, (Example from a non-designer:Royal Blue background, gold piped numbers, and a helmet with the Bomber brand on it), they'd sell thousands of the things.  The talk would be about using them as our standard unis instead of how ugly we're expecting them to be.

Whats the Bomber brand? A letter W? The W is pretty weak. We might still get a new logo on the Signatures like B.C.

The Bomber brand is blue and gold. Based on the helmet I think they've forgotten that

The Riders brand is green, neon lime green, and black?

At leas they had some type of green in there. The bombers without either blue or gold just aren't the bombers. I mean the helmets are double blue, get that Argo **** out of here. 

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

of course it's a cash grab, every time they come up with a new jersey it's a cash grab. Did they need to do new jerseys a couple years ago? No but they can sell more if there's a new style. It's kind of hard to sell a retro jersey from a short time ago so they're going with this crap. I am just sick and tired of seeing ugly jerseys. The ones we wear now are gross, these ones seem like they'll be even grosser. 

Stop giving us crap for a jersey and I bet you grab more cash out of it. 

If by cash grab you mean they are hoping people buy it, then sure.  But the negative connotation of cash grab does not apply here at all.  A cash grab is when photo radar is set up North Bound Kenaston at 7pm with no construction happening and no construction impedment to the roadway and yet the speed limit is artificially reduced due to the invisible construction and people are being picked off for doube fine tickets.  Thats a cash grab.  Thats forcing you to give money in a scenario orchestrated solely with the intent of taking your money in a situation in which you'd otherwise not give it.

Designing new jerseys as part of a league wide marketing effort is not a cash grab. 

People take uniforms, logos, colours & team names very seriously. Almost to the point of being something sacred. We love the Bombers & what they represent about us & the City of Winnipeg with pride. So we take anything they do personally. Messing with the logo & colours gets a huge reaction. I don't find it surprising at all.

I don't think a dozen forum denizens coupled with like 2 dozen facebook posters constitutes as a huge reaction..

I've seen people saying they like em as well so it's really not a universal hatred..

Sure, that's why they do polls. 

Hmmm for some reason I thought it was in the evening.  Something about an autograph session and all that jazz.

Re: marketing

The Bombers do sell retro royal blue jerseys (I have one) and so it seems quite reasonable that the team and league is looking for and likely to receive an additional revenue stream from these jerseys.  While the royal blues are my favourites, they might not sell as many 'new' royal blue jerseys since fans may already have them.

Also, let's consider that those of us on a Bomber blog do not represent the whole Bomber fanbase.  I know a lot of people who love "modern" jerseys.  While they're really not my style, I understand the league's desire to capitalize on that potential cash.

I still think they're going to look like garbage, but now I'm just irritated that people are going to have shouting contests for a third jersey.

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

of course it's a cash grab, every time they come up with a new jersey it's a cash grab. Did they need to do new jerseys a couple years ago? No but they can sell more if there's a new style. It's kind of hard to sell a retro jersey from a short time ago so they're going with this crap. I am just sick and tired of seeing ugly jerseys. The ones we wear now are gross, these ones seem like they'll be even grosser. 

Stop giving us crap for a jersey and I bet you grab more cash out of it. 

If by cash grab you mean they are hoping people buy it, then sure.  But the negative connotation of cash grab does not apply here at all.  A cash grab is when photo radar is set up North Bound Kenaston at 7pm with no construction happening and no construction impedment to the roadway and yet the speed limit is artificially reduced due to the invisible construction and people are being picked off for doube fine tickets.  Thats a cash grab.  Thats forcing you to give money in a scenario orchestrated solely with the intent of taking your money in a situation in which you'd otherwise not give it.

Designing new jerseys as part of a league wide marketing effort is not a cash grab. 

Your explanation of it not being a cash grab is funny as you keep supporting the notion that it IS a cash grab when you say, "Designing new jerseys as part of a league wide marketing effort is not a cash grab". It is a cash grab... Otherwise why do it?

I like to start an unofficial rumor that Jeffery Bannon quit his job after being told those hideous pieces of crap would be puked on to the racks in the Bomber store.

Worse than Hitler.

That's very contrary (more or less the exact opposite) to what I heard from a couple different people.