Our new jersey

Perhaps it's somewhat hopeless to dream but THESE are the Bomber unis IMO ... simple, classic, like the Leafs, Canadians, Rangers, Cowboys, Giants etc. What's so difficult about bringing these back?  Sigh ...

Dieter_Brock_Retro0420.jpg

Brock.Dieter-Wpg9_small.JPG

Greg-Battle-Winnipeg-1992.jpg

Tom_Clements.jpg

jonas-throwing-for-paydirt-in-the-CFL-We

CFL_WPG_Jersey_1980.png

Wish our current "retro" royal blues had that colour right.  Don't know why everything has to have a shiny, glossy finish.  They got the helmets right though.

I still laugh every time I see Dieter hucking the ball with that big ass towel hanging from his waist. He looks like he just walked out of the sauna.

Back in the days of real grass turf & mud. He needed that towel to keep his hands dry to grip the football. Anyone here remember that semi final playoff game in 1980 at Canad Inns against the Stamps where we got about 8 inches of snow & ice Saturday & it all melted Sunday? The field turned into a quagmire of mud & slush. There was little or no traction for the players so the offenses ground to a halt. Bomber fullback Mark Bragagnolo ripped off a 90 yard run up the middle to win the game? 

I still laugh every time I see Dieter hucking the ball with that big ass towel hanging from his waist. He looks like he just walked out of the sauna.

Back in the days of real grass turf & mud. He needed that towel to keep his hands dry to grip the football. Anyone here remember that semi final playoff game in 1980 at Canad Inns against the Stamps where we got about 8 inches of snow & ice Saturday & it all melted Sunday? The field turned into a quagmire of mud & slush. There was little or no traction for the players so the offenses ground to a halt. Bomber fullback Mark Bragagnolo ripped off a 90 yard run up the middle to win the game? 

And who says that the running game has no relevance?

I was there, in a full on "snow-mobile" suit. So was my dad. Kept nice and warm. Lots of thermos' being passed around in the crowd that day, which my dad told me were full of "coffee". Brock kept the team driving down the middle the entire game as it was the only part of the field that the O-Line could stay upright without sliding all over the place. It was too bad that in 1980 we had to hit the Eskimos dynasty in their prime in the Western Final, we had a really good team that year.

Don't hate the helmet, i'd like it more  if they replaced the argo blue with some bomber gold, outside of that though, it looks OK.

Not really expecting anything too great, just based on everyone elses that have been revealed, is the helmet the worst? nope, is it the best? nope, is it any worse than any of the others that have been revealed so far? not really, the light blue don't make much sense to me though.