Our new jersey

If by cashgrab you mean trying to ensure the long term viability of the league by reaching out to a younger generation I agree.

Jerseys don't make football fans, an entertaining product on the field and at the stadiums does. 

This is a cash grab plain and simple.

you don't think some 5-10 year olds are going to think it's cool and want to go to a game?

Hey, little 10 year old pull out your fat wallet & buy a $200 jersey. Oh wait. ;)

Right 5-10 year olds don't have that kind of money. But parents do and might pass on an xbox one, whatever else, to buy their kid a jersey. And kids jerseys aren't normally 200$

What's the actual point of these unis & helmets? Support the military? Oh, a money grab... Ha, ha... Shoulda known.

Why can't it be both? And what's wrong with that? No one will be forced to buy them. If they want to spend their money on one that's fine and dandy.

What's wrong? They're forcing garbage on the fans all across the league, that's what's wrong. In Winnipeg's case, the unis most fans want & the Bombers promised they'd wear, we never see.
Like you, I think these are crap. But I'm going to interrupt you here because they aren't forcing anything on you. Don't want to buy one? Okay. Decide that this is the last straw for you? Fine, don't watch a game. The CFL is in the business of making money. You can vote with your wallet. Spare us though that these atrocities will somehow be forced into your life.

Good call.. Its not like the jerseys are every game worn nor is there any requirement to like, purchase or even look at them..

this much angst is typically reserved for teenage girls..

What's the actual point of these unis & helmets? Support the military? Oh, a money grab... Ha, ha... Shoulda known.

Why can't it be both? And what's wrong with that? No one will be forced to buy them. If they want to spend their money on one that's fine and dandy.

What's wrong? They're forcing garbage on the fans all across the league, that's what's wrong. In Winnipeg's case, the unis most fans want & the Bombers promised they'd wear, we never see.

Like you, I think these are crap. But I'm going to interrupt you here because they aren't forcing anything on you. Don't want to buy one? Okay. Decide that this is the last straw for you? Fine, don't watch a game. The CFL is in the business of making money. You can vote with your wallet. Spare us though that these atrocities will somehow be forced into your life.

Glad we agree on something. I'm a fan & I'm not going to stop watching a game so you can stop right there. Because I will watch, it is being forced upon me & thousands of others who feel the same way I do. And I know there's a lot of us out there. Just like Rod Black is forced upon all of us. Most CFL fans hate the new looks. But you're right about one thing, I'll never buy one of those jerseys.

"Forced" means you have no other option.  Mute the TV, listen to the radio, I don't care.  We even agree that they are ugly, just don't try and say you're being forced to do anything.

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

It's a cash grab. Or as you say it so well, it's "options". Same thing, fancier wording. 

People take uniforms, logos, colours & team names very seriously. Almost to the point of being something sacred. We love the Bombers & what they represent about us & the City of Winnipeg with pride. So we take anything they do personally. Messing with the logo & colours gets a huge reaction. I don't find it surprising at all. 

People take uniforms, logos, colours & team names very seriously. Almost to the point of being something sacred. We love the Bombers & what they represent about us & the City of Winnipeg with pride. So we take anything they do personally. Messing with the logo & colours gets a huge reaction. I don't find it surprising at all.

I don't think a dozen forum denizens coupled with like 2 dozen facebook posters constitutes as a huge reaction..

I've seen people saying they like em as well so it's really not a universal hatred..

I could see if it's their permeant jersey but a one off thing is nothing to blow your top over.

My top is well secured.....

Just not impressed with that look, even on a limited basis.....for the club I've supported for 47 years (ISO's comment above)

Not even against "change", in the general concept....if it is done with some style and class.

and yes, if people like this, and are willing to pay the freight.....more power to them.

I could see if it's their permeant jersey but a one off thing is nothing to blow your top over.

Just not impressed with that look, even on a limited basis.....for the club I've supported for 47 years (ISO's comment above)

Not even against "change", in the general concept....if it is done with some style and class.

and yes, if people like this, and are willing to pay the freight.....more power to them.

These jersies aren't for you, or Iso, or anyone else who's supported the club for years and years. It's an attempt to make the CFL relevant to younger people.

These jersies aren't for you, or Iso, or anyone else who's supported the club for years and years. It's an attempt to make the CFL relevant to younger people.

How does a bowling ball helmet, or tartan, or Watermellon make the CFL relevant to younger people?

How does a bowling ball helmet, or tartan, or Watermellon make the CFL relevant to younger people?

Hipsters, TBurg, Hipsters...!

According to the article on bluebombers.com

The uniforms are scheduled to be worn once this year and once next year.

If they are really bad. If they are really good like B.C.'s then more then once,

Speaking of jerseys...I was listening to 1290 this morning and they were talking about colours. One fellow wrote to Reebok asking why the unis did not use the "royal blue" and their response was they don't make it anymore(proving my theory). The guy also asked the WBB CEO about this...and he got a no comment.

I was shocked to hear both Troy and Edmonds did not realize that this was was a big issue, Troy might tweet a lot but he's not a member of this forum for sure after that comment.

So now we know....the rest of the story.

Can't understand the angst surrounding a marketing gimmick. 

If people don't like the jersey .. they won't buy it .. if people do .. they will.  There are going to be people in both camps and there are going to be people who buy it simply because it's Bomber related. 

/shrug

my problem, I want to buy a new jerseys, but I will not pay for the crap they've come out with now. I bought a retro this summer, but I will not pay good money for the crap we wear normally and if these ones are crap I won't pay for them. Why don't they make something good and take my money? It's as good as the money the "hip younger modern crowd" has

One of the issues is the lost opportunity.  If they'd designed a uni as nice as BC's, (Example from a non-designer:Royal Blue background, gold piped numbers, and a helmet with the Bomber brand on it), they'd sell thousands of the things.  The talk would be about using them as our standard unis instead of how ugly we're expecting them to be.

One of the issues is the lost opportunity.  If they'd designed a uni as nice as BC's, (Example from a non-designer:Royal Blue background, gold piped numbers, and a helmet with the Bomber brand on it), they'd sell thousands of the things.  The talk would be about using them as our standard unis instead of how ugly we're expecting them to be.

Whats the Bomber brand? A letter W? The W is pretty weak. We might still get a new logo on the Signatures like B.C.

Whats the Bomber brand? A letter W? The W is pretty weak. We might still get a new logo on the Signatures like B.C.

The Bomber brand is blue and gold. Based on the helmet I think they've forgotten that