Our new jersey

If by cashgrab you mean trying to ensure the long term viability of the league by reaching out to a younger generation I agree.

Jerseys don't make football fans, an entertaining product on the field and at the stadiums does. 

This is a cash grab plain and simple. 

you don't think some 5-10 year olds are going to think it's cool and want to go to a game?

I don't.  If you are relying on uniforms to draw kids to a sport, you're beyond screwed.

They are trying to sell stuff to the captive audience they already have, and possibly get some extra media attention on both sides of the border.

If by cashgrab you mean trying to ensure the long term viability of the league by reaching out to a younger generation I agree.

Jerseys don't make football fans, an entertaining product on the field and at the stadiums does. 

This is a cash grab plain and simple. 

you don't think some 5-10 year olds are going to think it's cool and want to go to a game?

Because of a jersey? No I do not. 

What's the actual point of these unis & helmets? Support the military? Oh, a money grab... Ha, ha... Shoulda known. 

Why can't it be both? And what's wrong with that? No one will be forced to buy them. If they want to spend their money on one that's fine and dandy.

What's wrong? They're forcing garbage on the fans all across the league, that's what's wrong. In Winnipeg's case, the unis most fans want & the Bombers promised they'd wear, we never see.

What's the actual point of these unis & helmets? Support the military? Oh, a money grab... Ha, ha... Shoulda known.

Why can't it be both? And what's wrong with that? No one will be forced to buy them. If they want to spend their money on one that's fine and dandy.

What's wrong? They're forcing garbage on the fans all across the league, that's what's wrong. In Winnipeg's case, the unis most fans want & the Bombers promised they'd wear, we never see.

Like you, I think these are crap. But I'm going to interrupt you here because they aren't forcing anything on you. Don't want to buy one? Okay. Decide that this is the last straw for you? Fine, don't watch a game. The CFL is in the business of making money. You can vote with your wallet. Spare us though that these atrocities will somehow be forced into your life.

Like you, I think these are crap. But I'm going to interrupt you here because they aren't forcing anything on you. Don't want to buy one? Okay. Decide that this is the last straw for you? Fine, don't watch a game. The CFL is in the business of making money. You can vote with your wallet. Spare us though that these atrocities will somehow be forced into your life.

Glad we agree on something. I'm a fan & I'm not going to stop watching a game so you can stop right there. Because I will watch, it is being forced upon me & thousands of others who feel the same way I do. And I know there's a lot of us out there. Just like Rod Black is forced upon all of us. Most CFL fans hate the new looks. But you're right about one thing, I'll never buy one of those jerseys.

Can the money the CFL makes go into reffing clinics?

Wait 'til you see the signature reffing outfits...

10337.jpg

I like it - has all the teams colours to show there is no preferential treatment.  Very positive 'feel' yet the black lines give a real sense of strength, firmness.  Reebok really nailed this one.

10337.jpg

I like it - has all the teams colours to show there is no preferential treatment.  Very positive 'feel' yet the black lines give a real sense of strength, firmness.  Reebok really nailed this one.

And every call is  never wrong hence the happy face! ;)

10337.jpg

And every call is  never wrong hence the happy face! ;)

Challenges would go way down.

10337.jpg

All this needs to make it work are the big shoes and the big nose.

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

So wait a second. The cost of one of these jerseys is being added to my property tax bill? No? Oh. Wait. The cost of one of these jerseys is going to be passed on to me in the form of an enforcement ticket? No? Oh.

It's not a cash grab. It's options. No one forces it on you. No one makes you buy it. The people that do buy it obviously like it. If it puts an extra buck in the leagues pocket so what

of course it's a cash grab, every time they come up with a new jersey it's a cash grab. Did they need to do new jerseys a couple years ago? No but they can sell more if there's a new style. It's kind of hard to sell a retro jersey from a short time ago so they're going with this crap. I am just sick and tired of seeing ugly jerseys. The ones we wear now are gross, these ones seem like they'll be even grosser. 

Stop giving us crap for a jersey and I bet you grab more cash out of it. 

@JJr0: I don't know what that is but I'll be ashamed to wear it!

How do you know what he is talking about. There was absolutely no context to that tweet. He could have been talking about anything.

Yes I'm sure it's a coincidence he said that on the exact same day players started seeing the new jerseys.

@JJr0: I don't know what that is but I'll be ashamed to wear it!

How do you know what he is talking about. There was absolutely no context to that tweet. He could have been talking about anything.

Yes I'm sure it's a coincidence he said that on the exact same day players started seeing the new jerseys.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Fact is none of us knows definitively what he was referring to. You can assume all you want but we all know what they say about people who assume...