Bombers trade Etienne for Drew Willy, extend Willy

Atomic

it's FA rights for FA rights correct? so if you don't think you're going to extend Jay Detain that's fine, but man if he goes to the riders and plays well there will be questions asked. 

More like questions being asked if we just lost Etienne for nothing and he played well elsewhere, don't you think?

Since his contract was extended, does that mean that it remains the same as it was? As in, we'd be paying him what Sask was paying him to be their number 2?

No, it's essentially a new contract but it's deemed an extension because technically, his existing contract was overwritten seen as how it didn't expire until Monday.

Makes sense, thanks. I'm curious to know what we're paying him, I imagine it is substantially less than both Collaros and Burris are getting.

Also wondering how long before Sask announces an extension for Etienne. Would be funny if he hit free agency anyway.

Since his contract was extended, does that mean that it remains the same as it was? As in, we'd be paying him what Sask was paying him to be their number 2?

No, it's essentially a new contract but it's deemed an extension because technically, his existing contract was overwritten seen as how it didn't expire until Monday.

Makes sense, thanks. I'm curious to know what we're paying him, I imagine it is substantially less than both Collaros and Burris are getting.

Also wondering how long before Sask announces an extension for Etienne. Would be funny if he hit free agency anyway.

That would be pretty sweet yup.. Wonder if theres a conditional pick somewhere in there in regards to that... I really wouldnt mind terribly if we pulled the wool over tamans eyes on this tho..

Willy's the QB I wanted most, so very happy about this. 

There is also a pretty awesome side effect though... Ottawa's gotta have $850k tied up at the QB position.  As much as Desjardins is publicly stating he's bringing all of that ass to showbiz... there's no way it makes it to camp. 

Ottawa's price tag for Glenn just dropped.

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

Danny McManus disagrees with you. He might know a little something, something about quarterbacks.

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year? If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence... Hall, not so much.

Always think.the worst, never get disappointed? Must be a dark place you live in..

You're right.  The league should never let any new QB's in, they all must be part of the "starter" club.

Willy has the same numbers Mike Reilly did heading into last off-season, and has thrown twice as many passes as Reilly had at that point.