Bombers trade Etienne for Drew Willy, extend Willy

Atomic

it's FA rights for FA rights correct? so if you don't think you're going to extend Jay Detain that's fine, but man if he goes to the riders and plays well there will be questions asked. 

More like questions being asked if we just lost Etienne for nothing and he played well elsewhere, don't you think?

I would not have had a problem with that.

it's FA rights for FA rights correct? so if you don't think you're going to extend Jay Detain that's fine, but man if he goes to the riders and plays well there will be questions asked. 

More like questions being asked if we just lost Etienne for nothing and he played well elsewhere, don't you think?

I would not have had a problem with that.

Maybe you wouldn't have, but I know damned well there would have been lots of Etienne flak being thrown around, some of which Etienne would have caught, but most of which would have been directed at Bomber Mgmt.

Well no I'm thinking more along the lines of if Etienne plays well somewhere else then why couldn't he do it here? Would raise a hell of a lot of questions about a lot of things don't you think? Like I said I don't mind trading FA for FA if you don't expect to sigh the guy but if the Bombers so totally gave up on/ never gave a chance to Etienne and he winds up working out where he plays next then it raises a lot of serious questions. 

So Saskabush. Rider fans are acting like you gave them Ben Cahoon and are worried he's an FA soon. Jade Etienne ? un ******* believable.

It took two pages of their thread before they realized Etienne is a pending FA.

It`s amazing how some people's opinion of a player changes when he (potentially) puts on their jersey.

Well no I'm thinking more along the lines of if Etienne plays well somewhere else then why couldn't he do it here? Would raise a hell of a lot of questions about a lot of things don't you think? Like I said I don't mind trading FA for FA if you don't expect to sigh the guy but if the Bombers so totally gave up on/ never gave a chance to Etienne and he winds up working out where he plays next then it raises a lot of serious questions. 

They gave him way more chance than anybody else would have if they didn't have so much credibility invested in him.  If he wasn't the 4th overall pick selected 3 rounds before he should have been he would have been cut in his first mini-camp.  

He also wouldn't have been inserted into the game day roster to stand on the sidelines and not play special teams.

We also wouldn't have lost McHenry to try save face by keeping Jade on the roster.  

We also would have given Rory more meaningful playing time earlier.

If he goes on to contribute in Sask it's a credit to his perseverance and Sask's system and surrounding talent.  But you can't say he didn't get his chances here.  

They gave him way more chance than anybody else would have if they didn't have so much credibility invested in him.  If he wasn't the 4th overall pick selected 3 rounds before he should have been he would have been cut in his first mini-camp.  

He also wouldn't have been inserted into the game day roster to stand on the sidelines and not play special teams.

We also wouldn't have lost McHenry to try save face by keeping Jade on the roster.  

We also would have given Rory more meaningful playing time earlier.

If he goes on to contribute in Sask it's a credit to his perseverance and Sask's system and surrounding talent.  But you can't say he didn't get his chances here.  

While i think the bolded part is going a little over board, i do think Jade was drafted too high.  If we snagged him with our 2nd rounder that might have put less pressure on him and the team to keep him on the 42man roster.

One of the things I always did wonder about the recent sets of Bomber Coaches was their ability to see and be able to develop the talent we did have. 

Did I have confidence in their estimations? Hell no.

So yes, in that regard I did have questions because what kind of evaluations can be made with the kind of Coaching we've seen employed.

That certainly applies to Etienne.

But trading Etienne, in this situation, in a very good move, thereby cancelling any more questions I would have had.

It's a very good day.

Good on Walters for making the move now. sucks that we had to lose Jade to do it, but not really a big loss. IMO Etienne never really got much of a shot last season, sure he was dressed, but rarely saw the ball go his way, when he did I thought he performed well. Now hopefully Walters isn't done with the QB's yet, much improvement is still needed with the team as a whole, FA could be where we see what Walters is made of.

One of the things I always did wonder about the recent sets of Bomber Coaches was their ability to see and be able to develop the talent we did have. 

So yes, in that regard I did have questions because what kind of evaluations can be made with the kind of Coaching we've seen employed.

But trading Etienne, in this situation, in a very good move, thereby cancelling any more questions I would have had.

It's a very good day.

Thanks god...I was tiring of your incessant chattering.

;) 

Anyone thinking Winnipeg may turn around and trade WIlly for Glenn?   Ottawa has alot of salary tied up in QB.  Glen, Apparently, isn't happy with being stuck behind burris based on his contract because its based on the number of starts/ stats.   Willy may be able to replace burris in 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone thinking Winnipeg may turn around and trade WIlly for Glenn?   Ottawa has alot of salary tied up in QB.  Glen, Apparently, isn't happy with being stuck behind burris based on his contract because its based on the number of starts/ stats.   Willy may be able to replace burris in 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised.

That would be the dumbest move of all dumb moves to make.

I wouldn't be surprised.

That would be a very Joe Mack move. Next.

I wouldn't be surprised.

That makes no sense.  I think they would trade for Glenn or give up some kine of draft pick for him, but they won't give Willy for Glenn.  Willy is our future.

It's a very good day.

Thanks god...I was tiring of your incessant chattering.

;)

Silly you…didn't know I'm a chatter-boxer from way back when.

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

Danny McManus disagrees with you. He might know a little something, something about quarterbacks.

He might know something about being a cfl qb in the league a few years back..

But he doesn't have a history (yet) for succesfully spotting and developing cfl QB..  Time will tell and Danny mac was a great HOF QB.. but that doesn't always translate into be a great scout, mentor, etc.  I'm hoping he's right.. But i've been hoping for 5 years that the "pros" knew what we needed, could scout, sign and assign roles that players could excel in.. But it hasn't happened yet..

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

You're right.  The league should never let any new QB's in, they all must be part of the "starter" club.

Willy has the same numbers Mike Reilly did heading into last off-season, and has thrown twice as many passes as Reilly had at that point.

No.. Not saying willy is **** because he hasn't started.. You see My blue colored have faded to clear lenses.. 

Willy may become the next great bomber QB.. but the probability of that statically is pretty low..  He is unproven and until he proves that he is better then Hall or proves himself to be the next starter, Hes what he was.. A backup.

I'm hoping he plays at the same level as reilly did.. But i'm realistic in beleiving our o-line is not conducive to slowing down the rush of the game for inexperience Qbs.  Sask had a monster O-line Giving their Qbs lots of time to settle into the game and find open recievers.. Vs our offence being built around having outlet passes because we can't handle the rush..

I wouldn't be surprised.

That would be a very Joe Mack move. Next.

In what way?