Bombers trade Etienne for Drew Willy, extend Willy

Atomic

Since his contract was extended, does that mean that it remains the same as it was? As in, we'd be paying him what Sask was paying him to be their number 2?

No, it's essentially a new contract but it's deemed an extension because technically, his existing contract was overwritten seen as how it didn't expire until Monday.

I am venturing a guess that we asked Taman to speak with Willy and his agent before making this trade...  deal was in place before anything was filed with the league.

Etienne for Willy...  I'm okay with this - we probably would have got him in free agency but this allows us to focus on signing additional pieces.

Sucks to lose Etienne, it's hard to believe that we lost all three of our first round picks from the 2011 draft. Losing Etienne really makes me question why we traded Poblah. Even if we do get Kohlert back we'll be short on Canadian receivers, but maybe Etienne wanted to go back to Sask anyways.

I'm happy to get Willy though, if it comes down to it going to camp with Willy and Hall as our main two guys wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd prefer to have Kevin Glenn in the mix as well, but only if the price is right. It's nice that we won't have to overpay to get him.