Bombers trade Etienne for Drew Willy, extend Willy

Atomic

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

You're right.  The league should never let any new QB's in, they all must be part of the "starter" club.

Willy has the same numbers Mike Reilly did heading into last off-season, and has thrown twice as many passes as Reilly had at that point.

No.. Not saying willy is **** because he hasn't started.. You see My blue colored have faded to clear lenses.. 

Willy may become the next great bomber QB.. but the probability of that statically is pretty low..  He is unproven and until he proves that he is better then Hall or proves himself to be the next starter, Hes what he was.. A backup.

I'm hoping he plays at the same level as reilly did.. But i'm realistic in beleiving our o-line is not conducive to slowing down the rush of the game for inexperience Qbs.  Sask had a monster O-line Giving their Qbs lots of time to settle into the game and find open recievers.. Vs our offence being built around having outlet passes because we can't handle the rush..

Sask's OL was terrible for large chunks of 2013 due to injury...they had to start Neufeld out of ratio desperation for 2012...remember Willy's scrambling in the Banjo Bowl...must have been due to a monster OL.

And guess which OL was better at run blocking in 2012?

Anyone thinking Winnipeg may turn around and trade WIlly for Glenn?   Ottawa has alot of salary tied up in QB.  Glen, Apparently, isn't happy with being stuck behind burris based on his contract because its based on the number of starts/ stats.   Willy may be able to replace burris in 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised.

That makes no sense.  I think they would trade for Glenn or give up some kine of draft pick for him, but they won't give Willy for Glenn.  Willy is our future.

heh..

Willy hasn't shown much more then Hall, yet no one is deeming him the future.. But, Jyles, Elliot, Brink, Goltz and Hall have all been the future to alot of posters here and we in in the future now and non of them are the Starters we had hoped.. 

I hope he is, but history suggests that its a long shot.. 

If Ettiene wanted to play here.. or we determined to play her, then why didn't he resign last year or earlier this year?   If one of your FA hasn't resigned yet this close to FA, either the club didn't want him, the FA didn't want to move or they didn't agree on money and he was going to FA...

Not excited about willy... We now have another Backup on the team.. I don't think willy has shown any more then Hall given that Willy played behind a championship oline and offence...   Hall, not so much.

You're right.  The league should never let any new QB's in, they all must be part of the "starter" club.

Willy has the same numbers Mike Reilly did heading into last off-season, and has thrown twice as many passes as Reilly had at that point.

No.. Not saying willy is **** because he hasn't started.. You see My blue colored have faded to clear lenses.. 

Willy may become the next great bomber QB.. but the probability of that statically is pretty low..  He is unproven and until he proves that he is better then Hall or proves himself to be the next starter, Hes what he was.. A backup.

I'm hoping he plays at the same level as reilly did.. But i'm realistic in beleiving our o-line is not conducive to slowing down the rush of the game for inexperience Qbs.  Sask had a monster O-line Giving their Qbs lots of time to settle into the game and find open recievers.. Vs our offence being built around having outlet passes because we can't handle the rush..

Sask's OL was terrible for large chunks of 2013 due to injury...they had to start Neufeld out of ratio desperation for 2012...remember Willy's scrambling in the Banjo Bowl...must have been due to a monster OL.

And guess which OL was better at run blocking in 2012?

2012... Thats two years ago and we were starting buck Pierce, Elliot and Brink.

I'm not Down on willy.. :) I'm just trying to temper my expectations of the Newest Qb to come in.   There are alot of factors that influenced his success in Sask and a large part of that was the talent he was surrounded with.. As it stands hes gonna be in tough unless more moves are made to upgrade our O-line and receiving core. 

Never mind that as of this moment we Don't have a DC and have no idea if our defence will be as dominant as it has in the past suggesting that we may rely heavily on the offence to win games as opposed to expecting the Defense to keep us in the games until the offence started moving the ball 30 minutes into the game.

Surprised Jade hasn't signed there yet.  I mean, why NOT test FA?  At least Willy knew Winnipeg was for sure where he was going to end up. ETA: IF he wanted to start.

I expect that he wants to test the market. His competition for free agent dollars isn't going to be intense -- you've got Kohlert, Foster, Etienne, Hargraves, Forzani, Parker, and Carter out there as FA non-import receivers, and I think the only guy who's unquestionably more valuable than Etienne is Kohlert.

I could see Etienne winding up in Ottawa or Edmonton.  Both teams are hurting for NI WRs.

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_M8isf8LKNdmJq"></div>
<script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: 'M8isf8LKNdmJq',w: 400, h: 300});var g = document.createElement('script'); g.type = 'text/javascript'; g.async = true;g.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_M8isf8LKNdmJq"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: 'M8isf8LKNdmJq',w: 400, h: 300});var g = document.createElement('script'); g.type = 'text/javascript'; g.async = true;g.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

Kels is trying to hack the website

Anyone thinking Winnipeg may turn around and trade WIlly for Glenn?   Ottawa has alot of salary tied up in QB.  Glen, Apparently, isn't happy with being stuck behind burris based on his contract because its based on the number of starts/ stats.   Willy may be able to replace burris in 2 years?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I would. 

Just because it makes sense for Ottawa, doesn't mean it makes sense for us.

Surprised Jade hasn't signed there yet.  I mean, why NOT test FA?  At least Willy knew Winnipeg was for sure where he was going to end up. ETA: IF he wanted to start.

I expect that he wants to test the market. His competition for free agent dollars isn't going to be intense -- you've got Kohlert, Foster, Etienne, Hargraves, Forzani, Parker, and Carter out there as FA non-import receivers, and I think the only guy who's unquestionably more valuable than Etienne is Kohlert.

I could see Etienne winding up in Ottawa or Edmonton.  Both teams are hurting for NI WRs.

In that case, not sure how anyone can say this ISN'T a win for the Bombers..

I wouldn't be surprised.

That would be the dumbest move of all dumb moves to make.

.... so bank on it happening?

Paul Friesen (@friesensunmedia) tweeted at 11:09 AM on Thu, Feb 06, 2014:

Proving they don't quite have it right, though, #Bombers don't make the GM available today.

Mr. Sunshine at it again.

Wow. What an uberdouche.. does he get paid per turd nugget he writes/posts/twits?

Pun gleefully intended.

This is a great move by Walters et al. 

Now we won't be as over a barrel when the COCKBLOCKS inevitably start dangling Glenn our way.

I still want Glenn, but with out future guy sewn up, we can be less needy.

Still will sting to see up lose another pick for Glenn, but a Glenn Willy QB stable is pretty appealing. 

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_M8isf8LKNdmJq"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: 'M8isf8LKNdmJq',w: 400, h: 300});var g = document.createElement('script'); g.type = 'text/javascript'; g.async = true;g.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

Kels is trying to hack the website

Nah.., he just took the red pill and agent smith is not happy!!

I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, lets go ahead and trade a guy who, in a perfect world will be our starter for the next seven or eight years, maybe longer if all goes to plan versus a guy who will be hanging them up in four or five years. Exactly what would we stand to gain in that?

Holy ****, some people.