Major Football Ops Announcement @ 12:30 Today: Mike O'Shea New Bombers HC

Mike

Burke , as the archtiect of "Swaggerville", had the team in the palm of his hand and still screwed the pooch. O'Shea wasnt even a DC and gets promoted with less coaching experience than Kavis Reed.

Sceptical on this hire.

a TiCat fan hating on Osh...

...colour me shocked.

Burke , as the archtiect of "Swaggerville", had the team in the palm of his hand and still screwed the pooch. O'Shea wasnt even a DC and gets promoted with less coaching experience than Kavis Reed.

Sceptical on this hire.

a TiCat fan hating on Osh...

...colour me shocked.

Not hating. Just questioning.

I'm loving this off season, new head coaches popping up, now awaiting to hear who some of the coordinators will be, expansion draft in 11 days, although I am disappointed that there will be no tv coverage of it. Lots of young QB's with potential were seen this year and IMO the CFL hasn't seen that in a while................. hoping that the Bombers find a way to get Tanner Marsh

Rumour is that if Stubler does end up leaving BC, that Washington would be named the DC there.

Dear God... why?  Marsh showed nothing substantive.

Marsh??? I hope you're kidding, right?

Those early rumblings about Rick Worman -- I'd be interested in him as an OC.

I can't see OS liking Kavis or Creehan for DC. I can see those guys ranting and raving and OS finally just telling them to shut the eff up.  

Osh has a prior relationship with Kavis (Stubler too for that matter).... and i doubt he minds a DC who rants. he's worked with plenty.

in fact, all O'Shea wants from his defence can be summed up in one word: violence.

Finally got some of video of the presser.  Thoughts:

1) Speaks very well.  Somewhat reminds me of LaPo when he wanted teachers (to me, that is a good thing).

2) He has good grasp on how to deal with players, what he wants from them, etc.  Liked that a lot.

3) One question I have is what sort of schemes he wants.  As much as this team needs motivation and effort and discipline, we also need some better Xs and Os.  Past years we've played checkers while everyone else is playing chess.  We need to make improvements in that area.  Specifically to O'Shea, wonder how he wants to run this defense.  Will the 4-3* stick?

4) The media in this town are awful.  Ask better questions!

*Well aware that with so much variation per down teams really can't be classified as 3-4/4-3 anymore, but still want to know what sort of base and strategy he'll want.

And they will be putting him to work quickly:

Meet new Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea at the @BomberStore for an autograph signing, Thursday night from 6-7pm! #Bombers

Looks like there was a nice size crowd at the Fairmont for the announcement especially considering the weather:

BaqQ2_WCAAEblHb.jpg