Major Football Ops Announcement @ 12:30 Today: Mike O'Shea New Bombers HC

Mike

You can pretty much guarantee Creehan will not be on the staff based on what O'Shea said he's looking for in his assistants.

Of course, I missed all that because the live feed didn't work & CJOB cut out shortly after getting some quick analysis from Bob Irving & Doug Brown. Guess I'll have to go on the Bomber website later & watch.Not having Creehan back as DC would be a great thing.

"If the players keep making the same mistakes over and over again, you're not coaching them well enough"

Hey Tim Burke, are you listening?

Pffft Tim Burke was just given a steaming pile of crap as a roster to work with. I don't think anyone could coach these guys into winners. 

I am just so happy that next years team is not going to be as lifeless and gutless as the Tim Burke teams. O'Shea just seems like the kind of person who won't put up with that kind of ****. Players will either do the job and put in the effort or they'll be out on their ass. 

You can pretty much guarantee Creehan will not be on the staff based on what O'Shea said he's looking for in his assistants.

Of course, I missed all that because the live feed didn't work & CJOB cut out shortly after getting some quick analysis from Bob Irving & Doug Brown. Guess I'll have to go on the Bomber website later & watch.Not having Creehan back as DC would be a great thing.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Stubler ends up coming here to be the DC, now that O'Shea is the Head coach.

I caught a tiny bit of it at work, someone asked him about Collaros and he said that he can't comment on him because he is an Argo but that he liked him.

Also I heard a round of applause when he made a point saying that they will make a clear choice for starting qb and basically there will be no gong show like with burke.

I caught a tiny bit of it at work, someone asked him about Collaros and he said that he can't comment on him because he is an Argo but that he liked him.

Also I heard a round of applause when he made a point saying that they will make a clear choice for starting qb and basically there will be no gong show like with burke.

Some-of-the-oddballs.jpg

"If the players keep making the same mistakes over and over again, you're not coaching them well enough"

Hey Tim Burke, are you listening?

Pffft Tim Burke was just given a steaming pile of crap as a roster to work with. I don't think anyone could coach these guys into winners. 

I am just so happy that next years team is not going to be as lifeless and gutless as the Tim Burke teams. O'Shea just seems like the kind of person who won't put up with that kind of ****. Players will either do the job and put in the effort or they'll be out on their ass. 

Burke just had no idea how to run a team as a head coach. Couldn't relate to his players. Blamed them instead of him for losing by pointing fingers at individuals. Unable to adjust in game situations. He was such a disaster as a HC & it contributed greatly to the team losing so much. I was shocked at how such an experienced football coach was  so disorganized & truthfully clueless on the sidelines as a head man.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Stubler ends up coming here to be the DC, now that O'Shea is the Head coach.

Along the same line of thinking, wonder if Jarious Jackson (don't know what his contractual obligations are) would leave BC to come over as QB coach or a role with more responsibilities?

Burke just had no idea how to run a team as a head coach. Couldn't relate to his players. Blamed them instead of him for losing by pointing fingers at individuals. Unable to adjust in game situations. He was such a disaster as a HC & it contributed greatly to the team losing so much. I was shocked at how such an experienced football coach was  so disorganized & truthfully clueless on the sidelines as a head man.

Yeah I don't expect O'Shea to be doing much of this all next year, like we had to experience all this year....

940-burke-bombers.jpg

gary lawless @garylawless 6m

O'Shea marched out of presser like a man on a mission. This presser was supposed to be Friday but bumped up so he could hire #bombers staff

gary lawless @garylawless 5m

Don't be surprised if #bombers have key OC and DC appointments done soon #cfl #bn lots of competition for qualifies position coaches rt now

... im liking this...  B)

I'm loving this off season, new head coaches popping up, now awaiting to hear who some of the coordinators will be, expansion draft in 11 days, although I am disappointed that there will be no tv coverage of it. Lots of young QB's with potential were seen this year and IMO the CFL hasn't seen that in a while................. hoping that the Bombers find a way to get Tanner Marsh

Rumour is that if Stubler does end up leaving BC, that Washington would be named the DC there.

I'm loving this off season, new head coaches popping up, now awaiting to hear who some of the coordinators will be, expansion draft in 11 days, although I am disappointed that there will be no tv coverage of it. Lots of young QB's with potential were seen this year and IMO the CFL hasn't seen that in a while................. hoping that the Bombers find a way to get Tanner Marsh

Rumour is that if Stubler does end up leaving BC, that Washington would be named the DC there.

Dear God... why?  Marsh showed nothing substantive.

Why so high on Tanner Marsh? Nieswander outplayed him.

His qb rating was only slightly better then Goltz and he tossed lots of ints.

I'm really pleased with this. I do hope Miller can finagle Cortez into the mix.

Knowing Wade the way I do, I guarantee he has been selling Georgie very hard....

Been a solid week in Bomberland. Maybe I'll give the season ticket renewal office a call with my credit card # today?

"The Bombers do have players with a ton of talent, he said, though he noted you can’t see character on tape – or measure the effect of lack of confidence'. From the freep. Well said, let's hope he's a good judge. Good first impression. 

I'm really pleased with this. I do hope Miller can finagle Cortez into the mix.

Knowing Wade the way I do, I guarantee he has been selling Georgie very hard....

Been a solid week in Bomberland. Maybe I'll give the season ticket renewal office a call with my credit card # today?

"The Bombers do have players with a ton of talent, he said, though he noted you can’t see character on tape – or measure the effect of lack of confidence'. From the freep. Well said, let's hope he's a good judge. Good first impression. 

I think we can all agree with this.