Major Football Ops Announcement @ 12:30 Today: Mike O'Shea New Bombers HC

Mike

Any chance the announcement has anything to do with the city being awarded the Grey Cup? Normally a coaching hire announcement is just made in the Bombers media room at the stadium. Something seems strange about having a big press conference at the Fairmont unless it was big news involving the city...

Any chance the announcement has anything to do with the city being awarded the Grey Cup? Normally a coaching hire announcement is just made in the Bombers media room at the stadium. Something seems strange about having a big press conference at the Fairmont unless it was big news involving the city...

Been pretty much confirmed that O'Shea is being announced today.

Heard multiple reports saying that is the ONLY thing they're announcing.

I think they thought they could keep it a secret till the announcement that if they had to move him from the hotel to the stadium that it would get out. Also probably easier to allow fans to come watch at a hotel than the stadium media room.

In the big picture of this being a new era for the Bombers, having a fancy pants announcement at a fancy pants hotel is pretty cool.  Excited fans can hang out in the hotel lounge and "celebrate" the rest of the afternoon.

Thank you - you've just given me inspiration for my sig.

Oh and I love the choice of O'Shea, by the way.

Either way, Collaros is going to be a Bomber. But if Collaros goes Scott over Danny V then it happens quicker.

Now that you've changed your avatar, does this mean the circus has officially left Winniepg?

I think the past two days have been very important for Winnipeg's football future. I'm very happy.

Either way, Collaros is going to be a Bomber. But if Collaros goes Scott over Danny V then it happens quicker.

Now that you've changed your avatar, does this mean the circus has officially left Winniepg?

I think the past two days have been very important for Winnipeg's football future. I'm very happy.

I for one haven't been this excited Bombers-wise in ages. In the span of a few days we've brought in 3 quality people with extensive football (and CFL) backgrounds. And O'Shea as HC, well I think DB summed it up nicely. Really has all the qualities you want as a HC....now just surround him with exp coordinators.

maybe because Fairmont is in close proximity with the MTS centre where most of the media are covering the ROTR

Dont throw away the red nose, you  might need it someday, eh.

I for one haven't been this excited Bombers-wise in ages. In the span of a few days we've brought in 3 quality people with extensive football (and CFL) backgrounds. And O'Shea as HC, well I think DB summed it up nicely. Really has all the qualities you want as a HC....now just surround him with exp coordinators.

Yeah, the last few days of good moves and positive reviews have been nice. Bring in a couple of good coordinators and our reboot gets a solid A from me.

I've really been impressed with what I have seen the past couple of days.  This IMHO is how a football team should be run.  Quality football guys.  Trying to get important signings announced before every corner of the internet is reporting it.  

This is how a team rebuilds its reputation.  Quality people.  Put all the drama behind us and lets build a great team.

I like the general positivity surrounding all of this. No more laughing stock...actually being applauded for moves. Not that outside opinions mean everything, but it's just nice to not be embarrassed about what we're doing. I feel really good about the direction we're headed. Attaboy, Wade...let's keep 'er rolling and hope for good things on the field!

I like the general positivity surrounding all of this. No more laughing stock...actually being applauded for moves. Not that outside opinions mean everything, but it's just nice to not be embarrassed about what we're doing. I feel really good about the direction we're headed. Attaboy, Wade...let's keep 'er rolling and hope for good things on the field!

agree. it's a good thing and that will repair the reputation of the WFC across the league and should be one of the factors to attract free agents here. .

The part I like best is that O'Shea is held in such high regard that we passed on the experienced candidate (Cortez) and the media is STILL saying it's a great move.

Hey Mike,

Any idea who are the guys that Oshea will bring in as coordinators / positional coaches ?

Who are the guys he supposed to assemble when he was interviewed for Sask HC position?

When he interviewed in Saskatchewan, he was interested in Orlondo Steinauer, Marcus Brady and Jason Maas.

Right now? Today?

No idea.

I'm going to pick a dark horse for our staff though ... I won't be surprised if Jordan Younger retires and we hire him as a DB coach.

Hey Mike,

Any idea who are the guys that Oshea will bring in as coordinators / positional coaches ?

Who are the guys he supposed to assemble when he was interviewed for Sask HC position?

When he interviewed in Saskatchewan, he was interested in Orlondo Steinauer, Marcus Brady and Jason Maas.

Right now? Today?

No idea.

I'm going to pick a dark horse for our staff though ... I won't be surprised if Jordan Younger retires and we hire him as a DB coach.

could be, he's 35 and he's not getting any younger. :D

I actually send a tweet to Eiben if he has interest in coaching. i got a feeling that Oshea will bring in a former teammate as one of his position coach. Eiben as LB coach? But I hope it's not Belli for DL coach. :D

One thing Penton said to Mike on Twitter today (sorry to creep...ha ha!) was that it sounds like the co-ordinators are going to be chosen by the entire team working together. Wade, Kyle, AGMs, and O'Shea....as with everything so far, they're going to be working like a joint task force to get stuff done, and that'll be no different with the assistants. So it'll be interesting to see what the consensus picks are!