Major Football Ops Announcement @ 12:30 Today: Mike O'Shea New Bombers HC

Mike

I will admit that I've been a bit giddy the last couple of days, a lot more optimistic then when the off season officially started.

Also liking what I'm hearing in terms of Wade's role in the football ops, it's sounding a lot more as though Miller will be the guy for them to bounce ideas off of, and give his opinion in more of a group setting, which if this is the case, I'm completely behind. Still a little skeptical, but the more I hear the more I'm liking how all of this is being set up.

What impressed me was when Walters, after hiring McManus and Goveia, said he was happy to have other personnel to talk football with because he only had Siddall to bounce the name of coaches around with. That tells me, after initial  conversations with Miller, it was left to Walters to carry on…something Miller said he would do.

im a little nervous for this move... dunno what it is but O'Shea makes me worry... could be old rivalries die hard, could be inexperience... the overwhelming confidence from many knowledgeable people here is making me more cautiously optimistic but ill have to be wooed, lol.

im a little nervous for this move... dunno what it is but O'Shea makes me worry... could be old rivalries die hard, could be inexperience... the overwhelming confidence from many knowledgeable people here is making me more cautiously optimistic but ill have to be wooed, lol.

he may not have HC experience but when is the last time this club hired a coach who actually played in this league?

I'm just now listening to the press conference (about 1/2 way through) and so far I'm really impressed. I really liked his answer when he was asked about how well he knows offence and he said to "truly beat an offence you have to understand what they are trying to do to you". Compare to Tim "I don't know offence" Burke. Night and day.

Bud Grant.

Cal Murphy briefly played for the BC Lions in 1956.

He was a quarterback as I recall.

And a DB I believe. Gotta love those two way players back then.

Not that in not as impressed as everyone else but I recall how the city was gushing over Jeff Rhinebold (sp) too.

Man, give the guy a chance. Unfair to compare him to Reinbold before he even has a chance to coach one game. .

Im not comparing him to JR at all actually.  Im comparing the media gushing...

So, I listened to, and then watched the press conference later on,

Did I miss something though? I don't recall hearing Wade speak, or even remember seeing him at the presser.

Somewhat impressed that he has left the past 2 days worth of announcements up to Walters.

I was at the press conference. Wade Miller was standing near the back of the room with Oshea's son.

I don't think Wade likes getting in front of the bloodhounds (AKA Winnipeg media). He seems pretty nervous sometimes. I think he likes being behind the scenes and not in the spotlight.

I was originally on the Khari bandwagon, but the more I learn and hear about O'Shea, the more I think we made the right call.  This hire, and the AGM and scouting hires actually make me think Kyle Walters is the man we'll be desperate to keep around here long term. Hopefully O'Shea is in a position where we would be stupid to fire him as well.

Really like the way this is all being set up....