2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not sure what else you’re going to expect from rookie camp day one, I would assume it’s mostly conditioning drills and very half effort reps

Anything? At all?

They have 3 days to get to main camp , I would hope they are not giving half effort. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Wish we could see what milt could do in a scrimmage

Why? 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Anything? At all?

They have 3 days to get to main camp , I would hope they are not giving half effort. 

Brand new turf, brand new team, brand new game for a lot of these guys, I would assume the coaching staff isn’t asking them to go 0 to 100 and risk injury on day one. 

We know our staff looks at so much more than their on-field stuff, these guys are going to make an impression or get a chance to for sure, but I doubt it’s balls to the wall right out of the gate.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Brand new turf, brand new team, brand new game for a lot of these guys, I would assume the coaching staff isn’t asking them to go 0 to 100 and risk injury on day one. 

We know our staff looks at so much more than their on-field stuff, these guys are going to make an impression or get a chance to for sure, but I doubt it’s balls to the wall right out of the gate.

Tell me anything about anybody there. 

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s not a Chris jones or dicky team that’s going to have 5 blown acls in the first days of camp due to sheer stupidity. 
 100% they are going to coach the guys and see how they soak it up and how motivated they are. Head stuff always comes first around here. 

Was able to stop in for about 45 min to rookie camp today, was curious just to see Stegall out there

- A lot of stretching
- Receivers / QBs running drills with the QB taking the football, receivers running routes, QBs making reads, no balls being actually thrown
- Milt getting a lot of cheers just for running a route
- More stretching
- Receivers doing ladder drills with other positions doing their own drills (was focused on receivers)
- Then I had to leave

Based on only seeing Milt running routes without lining up against defence and without any balls being thrown to him, he is ready to make the team and finally get that Grey Cup ring.

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

that's a lot of DB's....

Nichols holm and ba start. Ba needs to bounce back, Parker should be at the front of the battle for a spot. Kramdi/ford. Even if we start nichols holm ba Parker and one Canadian, that leaves us with one rookie starter. 2 rookies starting is what I’m expecting, with a bounce back from ba. 
 Gonna need a lot of rookie db bodies this camp. We will probably still add and subtract another 5/6 during camp. 

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

maybe I'm expecting too much, but I fully expect Tyrell Ford to be a Day 1 starter for this team... 

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If Ford earns a starting spot, I hope we use somebody else at LB over Kramdi.

I think the smart/best usage is starting ford and platooning Kramdi. We could start both but that’s a huge risk especially when our other ni dbs can only play S. 

Ford should take the spot, but we have done crazy things especially with Nis. I’d actually love to have Karamoko as a db on the roster too, but not likely to happen. 

if any thing in the secondary I’m not sold on our view of Parker. I really like him, but we seemed to have no confidence in him last year. Ba needs to be 100% and get back close to where he was. If not, I’d look hard at Kelly as S or another imp like Cole.